Fellow drivers breaking the law

I work along side other drivers who are breaking the law by tipping on break and compleating trips which must include speeding. This has been pointed out to management who turn a blind eye to it. This is a ‘blue chip’ company on ADR tanker work. Very frustrating!!!

Just let em get on with it mate, no doubt they will get their dues one day. As for management being aware, if and when the ■■■■ hits the fan they will do what they always do… deny all knowledge, frustrating, yes, let em go.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: Welcome jcc100165 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

FAQ forum for info on Posting Pics, Driver CPC, Getting 1st LGV Licence and much more…

If SAFETY is being compromised then make calls to the enforcement agencies - anonymously if you want.
Otherwise - forget it.

It’s illegal to do 100 on a motorway but if the motorway is empty then safety is not compromised.

ROG:

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome jcc100165 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:** ![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOARTICWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOWDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGORIGIDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOARTICWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOWDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGORIGIDWinCE.jpg)

If SAFETY is being compromised then make calls to the enforcement agencies - anonymously if you want.
Otherwise - forget it.

It’s illegal to do 100 on a motorway but if the motorway is empty then safety is not compromised.

Thanks for the welcome.

I am talking about the A82 to Ft William, reported to be the most dangerous road in Scotland.
VOSA have been informed but nothing apparent has been done,
The ‘long in the tooth’ drivers here are concerened about the concequences if an accident occurs.
One driver two years ago left the road near Ft William and was sacked.
‘speeding previous to the accident’ was the quote.
47mph for 7 seconds to pass a tractor…

ROG:

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome jcc100165 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:** ![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOARTICWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ ![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOWDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGORIGIDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOARTICWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGOWDWinCE.jpg) _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _![](http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa152/ROGIAM/TRUCK%20PICS/TNETLOGORIGIDWinCE.jpg)

Otherwise - forget it.

not quite right rog motorway MT truck or car flips spins out goes through fence at side of the Motorway Hits innocent people
I know I know …what are the chances etc and i’m nit picking but who would have thought any accident would happen

i agree with rog,also i wouldn’t want to be the one responsible for losing someone a job by grassing them up,especially in the current work climate.furthermore i personally don’t think “tipping on break” is exactly a hanging offence or worthy of any action other than a “quiet word” .it would be interesting to see just how many other drivers are guilty of what you state…i for one drive at 45 in a 40 and also have been known to tip on a break! :unamused: :unamused:

jcc100165:
I am talking about the A82 to Ft William, reported to be the most dangerous road in Scotland.
VOSA have been informed but nothing apparent has been done,
The ‘long in the tooth’ drivers here are concerened about the concequences if an accident occurs.
One driver two years ago left the road near Ft William and was sacked.
‘speeding previous to the accident’ was the quote.
47mph for 7 seconds to pass a tractor…

VOSA are not the agency responsible for on-road traffic violations - that is the remit for the police.

If overtaking a tractor was deemed to be unsafe and/or speed was a contributary cause in the incident, then the driver was at fault.

Too much is made of speed issues on their own - it is inapropriate speed for the conditions and is usually a contributing factor in a trafic INCIDENT.

I don’t like the word ‘accident’ used in driving issues as that implies that it was a ‘happening by chance’ and no-one was responsible. IMO, and that of many others, that is rarely the case.

The problem I have Andy is the danger to the public if an accident occurs and we ‘the long tooths’ done nothing.
I was on a FINAL written warning from my company for tipping on break, pulled outside customer and had my ‘time’ back.
I think it could be face fitting.I’m not the prettiest.
Thanks for reply.

ROG:
Otherwise - forget it.

nick2008:
not quite right rog motorway MT truck or car flips spins out goes through fence at side of the Motorway Hits innocent people
I know I know …what are the chances etc and i’m nit picking but who would have thought any accident would happen

Tha same could happen at most speeds on most roads - they only way to avoid that ever happening would be to always drive at about 20mph or less :exclamation: :exclamation:

The chances of an ‘accident’ (meaning a mechanical or medical problem) is very rare at any speed.
If an ‘incident’ was to occur in the way you describe then it would be more likely down to driver error in which case they should not be driving at such a high speed as they do not have the ability to keep safe.

You can’t blame drivers for having their breaks while tipping, when you consider the appalling condition of some cafe’s and snack bars which exist these days. Anyway a tanker discharges itself once you nave connected the hoses, therefore it would be feasible for the driver to have a cup of tea and a sandwich in the cab whilst this process is taking place.
Are these guys causing you any problems? No, so stop moaning and concentrate on your own job.
Chill out, Happy New Year to you.
P.S. Welcome to the forum, post something interesting.

The problem is the company want to know why we cant do the same work.
Sorry if it is not interesting to you…

Sorry Mate, didn’t mean to jump down your throat, but the simple answer to that one is you tell your manager that you do your job 100% legal.
If the T.M. is half decent at his job he should be able to spot when a driver is swinging the lead. Regards, Dave.

i along with loads of others go on break while tipping,i only do it if i can have a cup of tea and a read of paper in piece,speeding on the other hand in the wrong plce can kill, so you would have to decide how are they speeding ,tailgating, braying up to roundabouts and heavy braking ect ect

No problem pal.
I think ill just bury my head in this one.
I registered today due to the concernes of the decent drives on the job.
I DONT want anybody sacked just brought into line with the rest of us.
The management are ignoring the obvious. I dont want to put my head above the parapet either.
Thanks for your input.
Cheers.

jcc100165:
No problem pal.
I think ill just bury my head in this one.
I registered today due to the concernes of the decent drives on the job.
I DONT want anybody sacked just brought into line with the rest of us.
The management are ignoring the obvious. I dont want to put my head above the parapet either.
Thanks for your input.
Cheers.

If management think they can get away with any fallout from what the other drivers are doing then they will let it carry on - especially if the management make money from it.

ADD - If the management ask why you are not performing the same as the other drivers (who are doing it illegally) then fire a question straight back - “What do you think the reason for that is boss?” - then see what they say next.

If the boss says you are lazy then offer to do a breakdown of your day - a sort of time management - if all is legal etc then ask “What can I do to improve performance legally?” - then watch management slope away, never to bring up the subject again :exclamation:

What you did was to put the resolution of the issue into the hands of the management (their job) which they cannot solve legally so you gave them nowhere to go - nicely

If they insist that you do something illegal then write to them to confirm what they want you to do and insist you get a written reply to your letter.

Dear boss
With regard to our verbal discussion the other day it seemed that you want me to put my tacho on break when I am actually working. Is this correct?
Yours
A Driver

jcc100165:
I work along side other drivers who are breaking the law by tipping on break and compleating trips which must include speeding. This has been pointed out to management who turn a blind eye to it. This is a ‘blue chip’ company on ADR tanker work. Very frustrating!!!

A BIG WECOME jcc100165

Hi if drivers are speeding and with ADR goods in tanks then that’s up to them its there choice to do that, like wise if there want to work will on brake fine and if your TM ask you why you can’t do it in the same time just say that you do it within the law, and if he said OK then that should satisfy you, If he wants you to do it like the others ask him to put it in writing (He would nether do it as it is illegal)

the other point I the other drivers probably don’t get paid to work on there
brakes so if there want to give there boss free time that’s there loss.

your do your job your way. that’s the best way

Del

AH YES! Nothing like a good ole grassing post to get the year going! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

The bigger companies tend to think they are above the law and regulations relating to their business, this is not solely in the road transport industry but across the board :unamused: it’s just they way big business works.

Tiger.

Very often when I spend a day multidropping in London I HAVE to unload on break, many of our drops in the city are in parking restricted areas, the wardens will leave you alone when you are unloading but once you’ve done they come along to move you on. I always make sure I have a second break on the way back though.

They are not exactly doing anything wrong.
It’s just the way the job works. Its’ always been about bending the rules.
First you get the job done.
Second you obey the law.

It’s just the way it is.