Fellow class oner's

gsijay:
TROLL ■■? by the way noddy ive been driving class one now for 24 years sooooooooooooo !!! anyway i only asked !!! stop flashing me in !!! have a laugh

:laughing: :laughing: you’ve been driving badly for 24 years you mean.

gsijay:
just a quickie why do all class one drivers flash each other in when overtaking ■■? if you cant tell thats its ready to pull in you should’nt be driving lol !!! makes me laugh !!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: get a life stop flashing me in !!!

This goes back many years when true professionals looked after each other.
In those days before the rapid expansion of the motorway network we used the old trunk road network (A roads to you) and on two lane sections you needed to get back in as soon as possible in case of oncoming traffic so the flash in, especially at night with the poor mirrors fitted was the norm.
Unfortunately today many of the younger end have no idea what so ever what many of the unwritten laws of the road are all about.
I had a fine example of the other night on the M6 when a so called “if you cant tell that’s its ready to pull in you shouldn’t be driving” ■■■■ almost took my front off coming in before he had cleared forcing me on to the hard shoulder.
They call this section of this website THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS FORUM.
Well you could have fooled me by some of the threads and comments on here some so called professionals should hang their heads in shame.

gsijay:
TROLL ■■? by the way noddy ive been driving class one now for 24 years sooooooooooooo !!! anyway i only asked !!! stop flashing me in !!! have a laugh

Ok no problem. What truck to you drive? what company? and what’s your reg please?

weeto:

gsijay:

Why don’t ya get a sticker for the rear of ya trailer saying, “I’m an ignorant [zb] so don’t flash” so we will all know!

I agree with that sentiment totally. I’ve often wished folk had a sticker on their passenger door saying something along the lines of “flash if you want, but I will not acknowledge”, this would save me loads of electricity!

By the way, merely indicating in DOES NOT constitute acknowledgement (are you paying attention Lomas powder tankers?).

the maoster:

weeto:

gsijay:

Why don’t ya get a sticker for the rear of ya trailer saying, “I’m an ignorant [zb] so don’t flash” so we will all know!

I agree with that sentiment totally. I’ve often wished folk had a sticker on their passenger door saying something along the lines of “flash if you want, but I will not acknowledge”, this would save me loads of electricity!

By the way, merely indicating in DOES NOT constitute acknowledgement (are you paying attention Lomas powder tankers?).

Yeah, 1 flick of the left signal isn’t a good enough thanks in my opinion!!

My instructor (in 1979) told me the flash just meant that your back end is past my front end. There must be a lot of brilliant drivers out there if they can judge exacly where back of trailer is by looking in left mirror. I would have failed my test if my instructor had not been hiding round corner, and given me a sneaky signal on the reversing exercise where the back of trailer has to be within the box!

I once got flashed by a car driver on the M62.

The Dirty Git was bashing his bishop and he even slowed down to
run alongside my cab door.

Swine.

Silver_Surfer:
It’s the other driver letting you know when he’s comfortable with you pulling in, as well as showing when you’re past.

I’ve ALWAYS flashed people in for that reason! REGARDLESS of what im driving at the time! Be it my car/bike/bus or class 2!

technically im only a young un but i fully understand that a little courtesy and assistance to others WILL help them in their day, and i fully believe in reaping what i sow!

Cheers

B…

I always flash fellow trucks in… with maybe the exception of Royal Mail !!! Given up on them, they never seem to use their mirrors :laughing:

weeto:

gsijay:

Lol what he said!

bestbooties:
Obviously there are some new drivers on here that have a lot to learn,in driving ability and manners.

So do many of the so called experienced olders drivers as well i’ll think you’ll find!!!

FarnboroughBoy11:
Everyone knows where the back of their trailer is

The H.E Payne driver in the 05 reg FH on the A14 today thought the end of his trailer was where my door handle is, then started pulling in, ■■■■■■.

gsijay:
just a quickie why do all class one drivers flash each other in when overtaking ■■? if you cant tell thats its ready to pull in you should’nt be driving lol !!! makes me laugh !!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: get a life stop flashing me in !!!

0/10 very poor attempt must try harder

Flashing in goes back to the days when we really did struggle overtaking and being able to see with a make up mirror to look through which would be shacking like mad.With limiters it is difficult to judge so there’s nothing wrong with flashing in and not a blink of the eye flash please give me a long one thanks :wink:

Bungle666:

Silver_Surfer:
It’s the other driver letting you know when he’s comfortable with you pulling in, as well as showing when you’re past.

I’ve ALWAYS flashed people in for that reason! REGARDLESS of what im driving at the time! Be it my car/bike/bus or class 2!

technically im only a young un but i fully understand that a little courtesy and assistance to others WILL help them in their day, and i fully believe in reaping what i sow!

Cheers

B…

Likewise, anything 3.5T or bigger that doesn’t have a rear window gets a courtesy flash, whatever I’m in at the time. I’m on 23, but I do understand manners and politeness.

I never get to flash anyone in, because they always pull back in well before they are clear of my safety/braking space. Which begs the question: “If they are that uncomfortable with being out in that nasty old overtaking lane, why did they start the overtake in the first place?”

gsijay:

Calm down man…see your new on here ?

gsijay:

You’ve sat on the forum enrolment since December with your 3rd identity and brought it into play in a poor fashion :unamused: `1 out of 10.

gsijay:

Absolutely spot on :exclamation:
I don’t need flashing to tell me my truck is clear of whatever I just passed, if you can’t judge distances in the mirror then give up. I am sorry if that sounds rough on some of you but when you think of it, it’s the truth. It’s easy to work out if you are not sure especially in daylight.
If you lived here you would have to get used to it because it’s very rare anyone ever flashes you in and the trailers here are much longer.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
I know I am gonna get some grief over that reply :laughing: :laughing: