Feedback Forum, let us know so we can lock the thread

Rikki what you might consider to be of no use as a post, others might not
ie, bring back rob or sack mrs mix, this is supposed to be a feedback forum, where members of the site can air there views, and make points, what is the point in doing so, if you lock it, becauase YOU feel it serves no purpose, neither of the locked posts have broken any rules, therefore i find it a joke that you have locked them…

It’s irellevent, so it will go.

Chris it is a feed back forum
not a forum for people to stir the manure.

If people want to stir the manure do it on the other websites…

it stops on here …

I am not in the mood to play childish games with people who should know better.

Take this as a yellow card to all members.

Any members trying to inflame others, or who try to persuade others to campaign against the banning of a certain ex-member will face a suspension until things calm down

End of story

Rikki-UK:
Chris it is a feed back forum
not a forum for people to stir the manure.

If people want to stir the manure do it on the other websites…

it stops on here …

Take this as a yellow card to all members.

Any members trying to inflame others, or who try to persuade others to campaign against the banning of a certain ex-member will face a suspension until things calm down

End of story

what utter garbage rikki. i thought you had more about you than to stoop to this low level of intimidation.
are you single handidly attemting to destroy trucknanny for the sake of a personal vendetta■■?

intimidating members with the threat of banning them for saying what they feel is wrong by YOU and your mods. GARBAGE MAN PURE GARBAGE

and you well know it. ffs grow up man. i have the utmost respect for you rikki, but have you lost the flaming plot man.

And to be honest I thought more of you … appears we may both been wrong.

It doesnt matter wether you agree with Rob’s banning or not, it is a decision for the Admin team.

That decision is made and will stand… raking muck will only inflame those members who like nothing more than a good stir.

there is one unlocked thread on the subject where members can vent/express their views if they wish…

What i will not accept is multiple threads /polls spamming the forums and attacks on the Admin staff

Aside from that

I am sure those who wish to talk to Rob will easily find out where he is posting…

Rikki-UK:

From here the only child appears to be the one with the controls - others are posting their opinions in the correct section of the website, if you want a website where your word rules then I’m afraid you would get very few visitors, and even fewer posters, that in turn would effect your revenue stream quite badly no doubt!!!

To let you into a little secret Rikki, I currently spend circa £300 per month on advertising, this is split between 2 trucking publications, I did at one point consider using TN as one of my mediums, but the total lack of regard for members whose views were opposing that of the management team meant my money went elsewhere, now I am sure I am not alone in that train of thought, I wish I could afford to throw away over £3k of revenue per year because of my personal views!!! Time to realise that business and private views do not mix!

I will let you into a secret…

I dont know Rob… i think I have spoken to him once on the phone, i dont know him or his personality, i know nothing about him except what he posts.

tjhis has nothing to do with advertising or anything else except that a member has REPEATEDLY AND CONSISTENTLY broken the website rules, and despite being warned continued to do so.

Nothing to do with personal this is purely business,

FULL STOP END OF STORY

Please read my post again Rikki, I did not mention Rob, But this has not been handled fairly, plenty of others have broken that rule, yet they do not seem to have been banned, that is my point along with the heavy handedness against anyone who does not share the views of the management, as I said if you want that type of site, make it non commercial, otherwise you have to put up with other views.

As the saying goes “I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it” but not on TN eh?

Rikki-UK:
FULL STOP END OF STORY

I don’t think so this time, Rikki!!

When Rob has deserved everyone has backed you in the bans you gave him. I have not seen ONE poster in support of you this time.

SMcaul.

My point still stands.

A management decision has been taken, in-line with our stated policies.
whatever you have been told by others you dont have the full facts.

We DO NOT discuss decisions made about members publically.

We do not ban people just on a whim

We do not decide “lets create as much trouble as possible for ourselves tonight” for no reason :wink:

if members dont like our rules and dont want to abide by them , then they can go and post elsewhere, if they insist on staying and breaking those rules then their posting PRIVELAGES will be removed.

Some will like our decision, some wont, thats life I am afraid, but the decision will stand.

No-one would have been banned if they simply obeyed the rules and adhered to the agreement they made.

point is, what about all the others that have done the same, why are they not banned as well?

TheBear:

Rikki-UK:
FULL STOP END OF STORY

I don’t think so this time, Rikki!!

When Rob has deserved everyone has backed you in the bans you gave him. I have not seen ONE poster in support of you this time.

Agreed.

I think this is a bit of a “own goal” this time look at how much work its created you today and not much support for THE decision.

smcaul:
point is, what about all the others that have done the same, why are they not banned as well?

here here.

i,m biting my tongue big style on this. as i dont particulary want banning.
i also dont want to fall out with lucy and rikki,who i do consider freinds,going back a few yrs.
but make no mistake there has been a rik made here.
either as a personal ive gotcha now rob, or some over zealous modding. as stu says why havent the other censor dodgers been banned tonight.

HYPOTHETICALY

follow this scenerio

maybe the others had not recieved multiple warnings for other offences, pushed the boundary many many times and after being suspended once .agreeing to follow the site rules and understanding that if they broke them again the ban would be reinstated permanently…

if that member is considered a valuable member and is actually given more leeway than many members in the past

in this scenerio if that person continued to break the website rules, and was still given freindly and formal warnings

then finally the management team says enough is enough,

a ban is the natural step

So instead of making him a special case and banning him, he has in fact had preferential treament and perhaps stayed longer than he should

Rikki-UK:
HYPOTHETICALY

follow this scenerio

maybe the others had not recieved multiple warnings for other offences, pushed the boundary many many times and after being suspended once .agreeing to follow the site rules and understanding that if they broke them again the ban would be reinstated permanently…

if that member is considered a valuable member and is actually given more leeway than many members in the past

in this scenerio if that person continued to break the website rules, and was still given freindly and formal warnings

then finally the management team says enough is enough,

a ban is the natural step

So instead of making him a special case and banning him, he has in fact had preferential treament and perhaps stayed longer than he should

But what did he actually do?

What did he do? He played with the auto sensor filter - the thing that replaces swear words with [zb]. In his sig he’d put different permutations in, substituting letters for numbers if you get what I mean.

Yeah it’s childish but I can’t see the problem - it’s a bit of fun.

This is supposed to be a site for adults, not kids. If Rikki is worried about it showing a negative view of drivers well I’m sorry to say this but there are enough posts with unbelievable amounts of illiteracy that do more harm than someone having a bit of fun with a web bot.

Rikki, this is the way Pat Nicholson started. If you want to see where it can lead, take a look at their forums and note how many people contribute. The phrase “fingers of one hand” comes to mind.

Conor:
What did he do? He played with the auto sensor filter - the thing that replaces swear words with [zb]. In his sig he’d put different permutations in, substituting letters for numbers if you get what I mean.

Yeah it’s childish but I can’t see the problem - it’s a bit of fun.

This is supposed to be a site for adults, not kids. If Rikki is worried about it showing a negative view of drivers well I’m sorry to say this but there are enough posts with unbelievable amounts of illiteracy that do more harm than someone having a bit of fun with a web bot.

Rikki, this is the way Pat Nicholson started. If you want to see where it can lead, take a look at their forums and note how many people contribute. The phrase “fingers of one hand” comes to mind.

Rikki, listen to this man.

Listen to him, end everybody else.

You have lost the plot, mate.

This is supposed to be a site for adults, not kids

This site is accessed by children
This site is hosted in the USA atm
This site is therefore bound by the laws of the USA
If we allow adult content INCLUDING language we have to verify that evryone using the site who can read the content is an adult
the only way to do this is to ask everyone to pay with a credit card through a service such as verisign.

And one more thing It doesnt matter which rule of the website a member REPEATEDLY breaks even after being warned… if they continue to break the rules they go.

Perhaps you would listen to me…
Rob K is gone,
He broke the rules, continued to break them after being warned not to

The rules of this site are there for all to see,

dont like the rules?
then dont use this website.

I will give anyone a break, a 2nd chance Rob has had his and blew it.

If folks want to keep in touch with Rob i am sure they will quickly find out where else he posts

He was banned because he wrote “[zb]” (without the spaces) in a posting on a minor-interest internet forum?

And you feel that you could be shortly standing in the dock of the US Supreme Court as a result?

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha !!!