Favourite roads to drive

Just for a change lads whats your favourite roads to drive .
For me its the A6 from Shap down into Kendal , the A66 Penrith to Scotch Corner , the A69 from Newcastle to Carlisle and the M6 from J35 up to J40 .
I do love a scenic drive with a bit of a view .

The one home on a Friday :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

blue estate:
The one home on a Friday :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I did see that one coming . Glad we have gotten it out of the way so quickly . :smiley: :smiley:

Anywhere north of Edinburgh/Glasgow between November and March when the tourists arent about

I prefer the A66 the other way around when I’m doing an early night trunk.

M6 in ■■■■■■■ a couple of winters ago when I was on days…

Also love the A69. Road to Consett from Durham is nice in summer.

Even the A17 is nice in summer if it’s quiet and you can bimble along at 50 without getting held up.

Conor:
I prefer the A66 the other way around when I’m doing an early night trunk.

M6 in ■■■■■■■ a couple of winters ago when I was on days…

Also love the A69. Road to Consett from Durham is nice in summer.

Even the A17 is nice in summer if it’s quiet and you can bimble along at 50 without getting held up.

Truthfully the A66 and the A69 I really don’t mind what way I’m going on them .
I love that section of the M6 when you come up past Killigton lake and you round the corner and that view opens up in front of you .If you keep an eye out you can sometimes see military planes and jets doing their low flying training up that section as well .

always liked the a41 from the a5 up to chester , brekkie at tha midway always good. also a nice ride on the xjr 1300 with the lads and a couple of shandies at the raven…

beefy4605:
For me its the A6 from Shap down into Kendal…

Just to make you envious :smiling_imp:, that used to be part of my commute to and from work for many years, pre trucks (Penrith to Kendal).

Not sure I’d want to drive it in a truck when its windy as that bit from the summit by the rockface has seen me in the wrong side of the road in a car many times and its a very long way down.

Would agree the bit from Tebay to Shap (when not doing typical ■■■■■■■ weather) is pretty spectacular and makes up for the lack of radio reception.

Ultimate drive - never had a chance in a truck, but would love a daily run through Glencoe on the A82. That is jaw dropping! I would pay to do that job .

Hi. workington to carlise up the coast abit not a regular route but nice also the west side of the A66 past penrith through the lakes very senic but thin & winding

This one coz I’m on the way home

youtu.be/NJodhrl6Hkc

Gillies Highway, more fun on a motorcycle than a truck. Only single trailers are allowed to use this road.

The A702 from Carronbridge to Elvanfoot

Punchy Dan:

not suitable for trucks if I remember from the signs in Carron bridge.

The 1 which takes me home :smiley:
Other than that A1 North of Berwick

beefy4605:

Punchy Dan:

not suitable for trucks if I remember from the signs in Carron bridge.

Not suitable for snowflake may be ,I was flat to the mat Thursday afternoon going that way .

Anyone who can be arsed drive on google down cross lane between waddington and brashall eves in lancs I’ve been down that in my lorry n trailer if wasn’t for the lift axle I’d have been on YouTube in the same class as the murderers :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
Anyone who can be arsed drive on google down cross lane between waddington and brashall eves in lancs I’ve been down that in my lorry n trailer if wasn’t for the lift axle I’d have been on YouTube in the same class as the murderers :laughing:

Been there done that sort of thing - turned up to a machinery dealer just off the A5 in Wales to get " How did you get here ?" Same way as everyone else mate by the road . " Yeah but how did you get round the corner at the bridge ?" I was lucky in that I had a rear steer axle in the trailer and that saved me on the way in . Still needed a telehandler to “help” me round the bridge on the way back out . Lesson learned - I now ring and check first .

Ffs here’s a clue the road category begins with A ,it’s not a problem ,your coming across as a snowflake now :laughing:

Punchy Dan:
Ffs here’s a clue the road category begins with A ,it’s not a problem ,your coming across as a snowflake now :laughing:

Ahh stop it -I’ll put it on the "drivable list " - if it all goes wrong you know whos getting the blame . lol

One of my regulars used to be the A43 from Chambery in France to Turin. Stunning scenery.

Also A9 around Perpignan.