Favourite Liveries

Big Al:

marcus 22:
BACK TO THE LIVERIES
MTL HEAVY HAULAGE ABERDEEN, MINE IS THE ONE AT THE BACK AS USUAL

Marcus I was up in Aberdeen in August this year and called in to see my old friend Bert McIntosh and son Gary. Bert gave me a tour of the yard and I took a few pictures, the yard sure has changed since I first went in there about 36 years ago. regards Big Al

Hi big al

mckintosh bought all the lorrys when MTL sold out, their was only one of the drivers went to work their the rest went their own ways, byt we always used to get comments and people taking photos of the lorrys, i used to find it embarrasing sometimes.

regards

mark

hi folks, i know there fancy motors,and an exception to the rule, but just included these fantastic trucks,to show white with a few additions and nice paint touches can be striking. loving the david g davies fleet,see them up and down the country all week and every truck is superbly turned out,and kept in immaculate condition. cheers

dgd 5.jpg

dgd 4.jpg

dgd3.jpg

dgd 2.jpg

Some great liveries there, along with some not-so-great ones :wink:
Not sure how this thread passed me by, but just been through all 10 pages and haven’t come across these lot yet…

I think they look great, and they’ve clearly put a lot of work into their image, sometimes lacking with a large-ish company. Both modern looking and traditional.

Also I’ve long been a fan of these…

Very different to F&W (well, aside from the green-ness :wink:), very plain and some may say ‘strange colour choice’, but with their splashes of shiny metal and other colours I think they look very smart, mysterious and professional.

And finally, I may’ve raved about this in the past…

Stunning! Sorry, another Googled photo, I have my own of this one but they’re stuck in a seemingly broken imagecave at the moment

Well, each to his own but the one i like for simplicity and what would be easy to patch-up and which the odd knock in a work-a-day fleet would not detract too much is the Charles Alexander silver scheme can’t put a date on it but the one they used before the metallic blue one.

roger breaker quality shot of ■■■■ sworders volvo have known him for over 30 years and every motor he ever turned out is always immaculate he used to do the football team coaches for spurs and arsenal have you any more many thanks.bibs.

A few of my favorites from across the years, some one-offs and some big fleet liveies

BIBS:
roger breaker quality shot of ■■■■ sworders volvo have known him for over 30 years and every motor he ever turned out is always immaculate he used to do the football team coaches for spurs and arsenal have you any more many thanks.bibs.

Can’t take the credit for that one I’m afraid, I just put “Sworders FH” into Google (if you try that by the way, funnily enough one of my pics comes up, but it seems to be a thumbnail and when you click the link it’s not actually there. Also an old Sworders coach comes up too, along with an FL breakdown in their colours but with a different name?). I have a whole load from about three Truckfest’s ago but I uploaded them onto imagecave which seems to have gone a bit Pete Tong at the moment. They’re still on my ext. hard drive so I’ll get some on for you when I get a chance, if you’re interested.

1 Stobart new
2 Stobart old
3 Jenkisons

Always thought Cawthorn & Sinclair had smart colours dark green with white roof, a proper transport company, sorry no pics

Ossie

my dad with his maggie in concorezzo

twin splitter:
my dad with his maggie in concorezzo

Nice one twin splitter, as I said proper transport company,with a top team of lads who drove for them

Ossie

Hi all here’s some well known South Coast Liverys :laughing: from the 80’s
The two tone blue of Davies Southampton always turned out looking the muts nuts
Photo courtesy Tony Mappo Mapson( I think)

Pat Duffys Southampton

And my old Livery :laughing:

And Jameson’s Southampton,

Regards Jimski

My choice

1. Blue and white like the old Charles Alexander and the original Christian Salvesen

2. Yellow and white such as Russell Davies and Brain Haulage

3. Two tone green like J & W Watt

Others
All dark red with a touch of black
Two tone blue
Red and white like Dukes Tranport.

scan0156.jpg

scan0083.jpg

scan0018.jpg

Roger Breaker:

BIBS:

I have a whole load from about three Truckfest’s ago… I’ll get some on for you when I get a chance, if you’re interested.

For BIBS, as promised…

Truckfest '09

DSC06942.JPG

DSC06952.JPG
DSC06740 (640x480).jpg

DSC06944 (640x480).jpg

For me currently it has to be HJ Van Bentum and Benton Brothers (The Silver & Maroon)

Regards

Spud 1960

Graville bells lorries from lanchester county durham were always turned out nicely