Favourite fuelcard?

What fuelcard do you have and which seems to keep competitive?

I have:

• Texaco Fastfuel (In Fuel)
  • Texaco Fastfuel (Chevron)
    - UKFuels (In Fuel)
  • Keyfuels (Morgan Fuels)

UKFuel (In fuel) seem pretty competitive compared to the other two. You have to give them a bit of reminder that you have other fuel cards as with all suppliers but they are the best for me so far.

easy, my favourite is the cheapest :stuck_out_tongue:

chaversdad:
easy, my favourite is the cheapest :stuck_out_tongue:

mine too :wink:

I use shell fuel at pump prices, got rid of all my fuel cards as they were way off the mark :cry: :cry:

jimmy2loads:
I use shell fuel at pump prices, got rid of all my fuel cards as they were way off the mark :cry: :cry:

have to agree, my local shell is consistently cheaper than any fuel card i have

chaversdad:

jimmy2loads:

have to agree, my local shell is consistently cheaper than any fuel card i have

same in the SW :unamused:

my gaffer is on uk fuels for uk then morgan for ireland.

As an o/d I’m looking at using my cash back credit card and my tesco credit card which gives clubcard points and filling up where is cheap. From the fuel cards I’ve looked at the prices were no cheaper and only offered 7 day credit terms.

Out of interest, cheapest fuel locally today is 139.9p which is 116.58p ex VAT, I wonder how that compares with this week’s fuel card prices if anyone can let me know what that is?

Just checked the fuel price thread and they are saying around 1.14 to 1.16 a litre so not a great deal

True, and this is quite an expensive area for fuel, the cheapest pump price I can find nationally is 135.9 which gives an ex VAT price of 113.25, and buying it with a AA cashback credit card would give 3% back on this, bringing the price down to 110.48 ppl.

If you are going over the water you may be better off with a fuel card though as the likes of euro shell off VAT reclamation for a small fee.

Yep, AS24 seems to be the fuel card of choice atm.

Harry Monk:
I wonder how that compares with this week’s fuel card prices if anyone can let me know what that is?

Have a look at the fuel price thread in this forum - I post my prices every week and others do too.

My best this week is 114.99 which is s fraction over 137.9 inc vat.

Paul

cash back c cards are a good idea but in most cases the % back only stands to a certian level not the total spend on the card if you read the small print
all fuel cards work in the same way ie they offer you a half decent price if you have not been drawing on thier card for a while to get you back and then bump the price up the next week regardless of fuel prices in general hence the need for a range of options when buying fuel and also the need for a range of fuel cards which dont fall under the same ownership
for some strange reason the fuel card firms seem to think you depend on them so make shure thats not the case!!
moose

Credit card is no good for me though as I employ drivers.
Seems a fair point for an owner driver though.

i find fleetgreen is nearly allways the cheapest but smart can sometimes give them a run for there money but i tend not to use any of them i use my tesco credit card at tesco so i get my points plus if u shop there u sometimes get a voucher for 5p a litre off up to a total of 5pound or i fill up at morrisons were i still get the points on my credit card plus a 5pound voucher to spend in the store after u have acculated enough points you would not believe the amount of vouchers u can get in a year which if traded in wisley can add up to hundreds of pounds so why use fuel cards

the problem I have with supermarkets is the 100 litre cut off and the canopy heights :cry: :cry: :cry:

morrisons of ipswich and tescos of copdock both do not have height limits and both of them do not cut out at 100ltrs morrisons have no limit and tescos is about 400ltrs but u can fill up twice before u have to go to the kiosk the only problem u might have is that there is a low bridge on the way to morrisons i can not remember the height but the euroliners i pull get under there ok with room to spare

Morrisons at bramley rotherham m18 junction 1 has 2 hgv pumps, used to get vouchers on our fuel card, but gaffas moved to key fuels and they wont give vouchers out for that card.