Favourite destination?

Which is your favourite destination in europe?
I used to love tipping out in swiss then down into italy to reload. My perfect combination really. I always found swiss really clean and a beautiful place to drive.
Then the run down empty to chiasso and through the border (vuoto of course, beats all that queuing malarkey :laughing: ) and into carisio for the night.
Then either a nice run down to rimini for a load of fridge cooler units, or a multi dropper around milan/turin. Perfect

i voted france cos thats what i mainly did. most of my work was down to epinal and thann los vorges, and i used to go over bussang to mulhouse to reload.

I voted other, my favourite destination is Scandanavia, quiet roads, no threat of being robbed or gassed, no bent coppers as in F-ES-P etc. Stunning scenery and stunning women.

Iā€™m with Kindle on this one, I think Sweden takes some beating. Maybe its because we usually do the normal France and Spain as regular as clockwork so when you go somewhere different it seems nicer?

Traffic is easy in Sweden, people are fantastic and friendly and the food is good.

As an aside, 1 place I never enjoyed going is Italy, I always pass up the opportunity these days yet can never put my finger on why :frowning:

Sweden for me, my favourite country by far. Netherlands is second favourite.

Sweden nice but too expensive, I voted Spain.

I voted other because I not only enjoyed doing Russia and the Eastern Block countries but really enjoyed doing Greece and Turkey especially the trips to Rhodos.

I voted Other , as every day is a holiday and
each place I vist holds it,s own charm, and
up to now I have all ways enjoxed myself
where ever I have been.

i too voted other, as i too love going to russia, and also i did turkey for the first time this year, and im determined to get back there as much as possible.

that said, all of them i enjoy going to with the exception of italy, and im not sure either just why i dont really like going there, the scenery is great, but i would rather be elsewhere (well except the uk!!!)

Home !!
:laughing: :laughing:

i would have voted for all of them as i am like britpete every day that i was out of the uk i treated it like a holiday and a new adventure every time even if it was just a run up to zeebrugge. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Used to love getting down to the south of France, had quiet a few weekends down around Antibes, Cannes and Cavalierre.

Italy and Spain for the sunshine and scenery. Never got to Greece though, shame cos im sure that would be the favourite. :sunglasses:

iā€™ll stick with greece as well,
i loved spain and italy and had good times in all the countries iā€™ve been in
but in greece you were normally on your own due to the lack of brits around

Its gotta be Greece for me, great people, great food and sunshine.
Cant stand Italy, the people just annoy me. Norway & Sweden are good too although very expensive :open_mouth:

I have voted for ā€œotherā€ too as being called a European driver and doing two trips a week to France is not quite the same thing.

I must be quite strange too in that I like Germany. At least you know where you stand with them.

Other!
Sweden,although being expensive,is a pure pleasure to drive in,back that with friendly people (including all those blonde women that must come from a blonde factory somewhere) and good parking places,Iā€™d go back there like a shot!

Then Italy,purely and simply because I love Italian food.

One of the regular runs I used to do was Holland to Rome with car parts(nice and light ) and transited Swissā€¦tip Rome, . then spend 2-3 days wandering the Italian back roads collecting empty beer barrels from small villages and towns. to take to our warehouse in Milan, a cushty job and had all the time in the world to do it inā€¦

Italy - weekended in a small mountain village with views to die for, and everyone really friendly - I loved it, Italy for me everytime

France has got to be my favourite :unamused: , if it was anywhere else Iā€™d have gone to live there instead - wouldnā€™t I?

I had to vote ā€˜otherā€™ tooā€¦ :smiley:

Although Iā€™ve done DK, S and N, and the scenery is nice, theyā€™re rather expensive.

I did Italy for about 5 years, and I prefer that to Spain, but Italy can be quite dangerous.

NL is great, but my preference is for anywhere that has German as their first languageā€¦

So guys, IMHO the winner is Austria, and Vienna in particular. :grimacing: (Even though they speak funny German there. :open_mouth: )

I have to say ā€œsorryā€ to Spardo, cos I didnā€™t mention France. :blush:
I always treated France a giant ā€œTā€ junction, you drive so far down, then turn left for Italy, or right for Spain. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Iā€™ll get me coatā€¦ :wink:

Italy for me, in particular up around the Venice area, much nicer than Milanini & PratoJohn, the bottom end on either side was nice but a bit too far when the boss man wants one a week out of you!

2nd choice would be Sweden, nice friendly people, decent roads but very expensive.