farmer safety.

You wouldn’t know but he’s stopped to go left into a gateway ! How do they get away with it , was old boy in a little tractor ,no mirrors.

kemaro:
You wouldn’t know but he’s stopped to go left into a gateway ! How do they get away with it , was old boy in a little tractor ,no mirrors.

Some of the older smaller farmers, are living in a time warp, they don’t seem to realise how dangerous a lot of their maneuvers are.

Is that Pembrokeshire by any chances??

Must be just me though, having been brought up in rural community that doesn’t have a problem with this…

kemaro:

WHATTTTT, he stopped and turned left!!! the shyster. Bet you almost dropped your phone :unamused:

anisboy:

Must be just me though, having been brought up in rural community that doesn’t have a problem with this…

Heading toward st Davids, to be fair the trailer is good nic compared to some down here ,

Dave the Renegade:

kemaro:

Some of the older smaller farmers, are living in a time warp, they don’t seem to realise how dangerous a lot of their maneuvers are.

Not half as dangerous as some of the retards on timber wagons.

Agree with the time-warp thing though, drives me up the wall the state of some of the seasonal kit I see on the road, probably can’t afford to upgrade or simply can’t handle the new stuff that makes HGV cabs look pretty inadequate, seats are a ■■■■ sight better too. Comparable price wise too

Hiya…can i say in another ten years trucking will be so boring. everyone will have a dpcp never speed never
drive with a bulb out or overload…even remember anyone who ever did break the law. god what will it
be like i’am so glad i did all those wrong things when i did because before long it will all be gone and forgotten
for ever. do you know one time i used to ask people where to find deliveries and didn’t rely one a computer
to get me to drop off and loading places.

puntabrava:

kemaro:

WHATTTTT, he stopped and turned left!!! the shyster. Bet you almost dropped your phone :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing:

3300John:
Hiya…can i say in another ten years trucking will be so boring. everyone will have a dpcp never speed never
drive with a bulb out or overload…even remember anyone who ever did break the law. god what will it
be like i’am so glad i did all those wrong things when i did because before long it will all be gone and forgotten
for ever. do you know one time i used to ask people where to find deliveries and didn’t rely one a computer
to get me to drop off and loading places.

Never mind ten years, some firms it’s like that now.

Many a true word spoken in jest, John.

chicane:

Dave the Renegade:

kemaro:

Not half as dangerous as some of the retards on timber wagons.

brilliant. Care to enlighten us?

Having spent most of my working career amongst farmers , I know that some of them have an
old-fashioned cavalier attitude to safety. Unfenced slurry pits, machinery without guards fitted,…etc.,…
I got used to dodging the dangers of sagging overhead electricity wires when delivering high loads of
hay & straw,…well…except once :blush: :unamused: :laughing:

A couple of years ago , I was following this farmer`s slow-moving tractor & trailer along a single track road
near Kirkham , Lancashire. There was a person (trailer boy :question: ) standing on the load , with his back to a large round bale.

At a road junction , the farmer gave no signal to turn right , then stopped , - no working rear lights to warn of
his intention . :unamused: :unamused: I took this photograph as I waited for him to proceed .

When he eventually drove forward , the rear round bale started to roll backwards ,…luckily the trailer boy
somehow managed to prevent it from falling off . :exclamation: :exclamation:
No ropes !!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Not a very heart-soothing experience , I can say. :unamused:

Cheers , cattle wagon man.

This photograph shows the unsecured bales , - both flat and round ones - on the trailer.
I bet the trailer boy needed a clean pair of underpants after that fright . :blush: :laughing:

Always expect the unexpected when travelling on the highway . :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

anisboy:

Really ! i too grew up the sticks, it really cheeses me off :unamused:

In fairness the character in the OP, the little red tractor types dont tend to venture to often onto primary routes, so if you encounter one on a B road or the like, you just have to sit back and wait for them to act a prat and then theyve normaly shoved off out the way.

Its the super large high speed tractors with ■■■■■■■■■■■■ or out off ticket semi trailers on, doing 30mph with no tailights or obscurred or dirty or damaged that you cant see them, and if they have a beacon fitted on the tractor its either not working or again obscurred so you cant see it anyway. these sort tend to belong to large Farming groups who’s owners our considered pillars off the community, and will often be JP’s, yet they never get hauled up to explain why they are breaking so many rules/laws, funny that :wink:

From a old fashion lorry driver in the first pic carefully look past nothing coming overtake completely forget about it.

In the lower ones cant speak for the round ones but the normal bales are secured, they are all tied in by themselves, we used to load them up higher than that on the farm and you load them in a way that they hold themselves in, we never had any problems. If you stack them properly they will stay on, there is a knack to it. Same as the old stacks they are not just thrown together every bale has its place. Ever tried pulling one down and you will know what i mean.

My word i cant be that bad i can still remember things, now where did i put me zimmer frame :smiley:

cattle wagon man:
This photograph shows the unsecured bales , - both flat and round ones - on the trailer.
I bet the trailer boy needed a clean pair of underpants after that fright . :blush: :laughing:

Always expect the unexpected when travelling on the highway . :unamused: :laughing: :laughing:

reminds me of 2 years ago, was on m55 when 2 muppets in a 4x4 towing a trailer stacked high and tied with bailer twine.
just as I pulled out to pass half his load fell off.

I was doing 70 in me car and went right throu the middle of it all…
took ages to get a new seat for me car!!!
All that was damaged was a fog light and dint on the roof. . And me kecks split with brown impact damage!!!

Police threw the book at them

Look, he’s been turning left there for 30 years. Everybody knows he turns left there.

You’re not local are you? :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

+50 :smiley:

One safe load of good old farmyard muck. A lazy man’s load. :unamused:

I have a friend who lives in rural Herefordshire, on a village with a tight bend on the road through it. She never buys potatoes in the autumn, as there’s always a plentiful supply falling off overloaded farm trailers on the bend, there on the road for the picking up. :slight_smile:

Absolute madness, no one can see him. He needs a couple of small 6 inch square brake lights and indicators, and then he’ll stand out like a sore thumb and drivers will be able to safely avoid him.
They sneak up on ya these type of things, especially on these country roads. I’ve even come across people walking on them before today, with no high viz on !!!