farmer safety.

Rhythm Thief:
I have a friend who lives in rural Herefordshire, on a village with a tight bend on the road through it. She never buys potatoes in the autumn, as there’s always a plentiful supply falling off overloaded farm trailers on the bend, there on the road for the picking up. :slight_smile:

Rural Herefordshire :exclamation: :laughing:

happysack:

chicane:

Dave the Renegade:

kemaro:
You wouldn’t know but he’s stopped to go left into a gateway ! How do they get away with it , was old boy in a little tractor ,no mirrors.

Some of the older smaller farmers, are living in a time warp, they don’t seem to realise how dangerous a lot of their maneuvers are.

Not half as dangerous as some of the retards on timber wagons.

brilliant. Care to enlighten us?

A sweeping generalisation I know but the key word is SOME. Lifetime living and decades driving on the Dumfriesshire/Stewartry border, the land of Larch and Spruce. Key skill round here is always having an escape route to avoid the leg-ends in their own lunch time. Had far too many near misses over the years, mention timber wagons round here and you’ll get a string of swear words.

chicane:

happysack:

chicane:

Dave the Renegade:

kemaro:
You wouldn’t know but he’s stopped to go left into a gateway ! How do they get away with it , was old boy in a little tractor ,no mirrors.

Some of the older smaller farmers, are living in a time warp, they don’t seem to realise how dangerous a lot of their maneuvers are.

A sweeping generalisation I know but the key word is SOME. Lifetime living and decades driving on the Dumfriesshire/Stewartry border, the land of Larch and Spruce. Key skill round here is always having an escape route to avoid the leg-ends in their own lunch time. Had far too many near misses over the years, mention timber wagons round here and you’ll get a string of swear words.

Funny,I drive a timber wagon round the same parts and never heard any abuse,must only be in steering wheel attendant circles :wink:

Quicky loaders, like the one on the front of this Country Cadillac shouldn’t be on the public highway.

Dave the Renegade:

Quicky loaders, like the one on the front of this Country Cadillac shouldn’t be on the public highway.

I hate to be the one to point it out to you but if you took those photos then you are the only person breaking the law. Road use is not about an opinion but statute law.

puntabrava:

Dave the Renegade:

I hate to be the one to point it out to you but if you took those photos then you are the only person breaking the law. Road use is not about an opinion but statute law.

I wasn’t breaking the law. My passenger took the pic.

Trucker56:
In the lower ones cant speak for the round ones but the normal bales are secured, they are all tied in by themselves, we used to load them up higher than that on the farm and you load them in a way that they hold themselves in, we never had any problems. If you stack them properly they will stay on, there is a knack to it. Same as the old stacks they are not just thrown together every bale has its place. Ever tried pulling one down and you will know what i mean:

Yeah, and we used to take a stack off 3 flat trailers from Norfolk to Cheshire with just 3 spanset holding them on, I think the Vostapo would take a dim veiw off that kind off load security now, but we never lost any.

The same should apply to farmer boy with his loose load off bales. I too have loaded those bales as you describe like an arch with a keystone,the bales tie themselves together, but the arch is stationary and maybe a massey ploding at 15mph would be fine, but these days the tractors like that pulling that load will rack along at 30+mph, and these muppets dont think to take it steady because theyre too tight to buy some rope. When one or more off those goes sliding off in front off the Vicar on his bycicle, He’ll be on his way for a permanent chat with the boss :wink:

GOG47:

chicane:

happysack:

chicane:

Dave the Renegade:

kemaro:

Funny,I drive a timber wagon round the same parts and never heard any abuse,must only be in steering wheel attendant circles :wink:

funnily enough the greatest majority of other road users are absolutely fine with us. Most cars pull in and give us a wave as we pass. Yes one or two timber motors do let the side down, but same with any driving job.
In fact the only people that moan tend to be the halfwits that buy a plot of land and build a house or even buy a house, right next to a forest road, then complain about noise and dust. These people don’t realise that the quiet forest next door will eventually have to be felled and extracted past their house. Nimby roasters.