Fans of Fodens

Punchy Dan:
I think that 12 speed had you beat Dennis ,hence your dislike !

How come you can change your “handle” ? Well for your info “Punchy” I could handle with ease a Fuller RTO 610 and Eaton 2 speed, could walk past Volvo F88’s and Scania 110’s in the early 70’s urr, urr,urr, :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They made the best eight wheeled tipper chassis compared to what else was around at that time with the finest gearbox for that type of work. Can’t comment on the tractor unit side though as we didn’t run any but plenty of Peak district hauliers did.

Pete.

adr:
Ready for work :smiley: . Chris

is that Frosterley on the door? i thought Dyson were just in sheffield at 2 sites in the surrounding hills ? is there a tie up with Hobson Bros ?

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

How come you can change your “handle” ? Well for your info “Punchy” I could handle with ease a Fuller RTO 610 and Eaton 2 speed, could walk past Volvo F88’s and Scania 110’s in the early 70’s urr, urr,urr, :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

keep your head down or i will change it to Dennis Smith !!!

windrush:
They made the best eight wheeled tipper chassis compared to what else was around at that time with the finest gearbox for that type of work. Can’t comment on the tractor unit side though as we didn’t run any but plenty of Peak district hauliers did.

Pete.

Well said Windrush, Im a Foden man & as you say they were the best 8 wheel chassis money could buy IMO, They stood up in any conditions,& Of course the 12 speed Foden G/B With a gear for every hill was the best in its day, But of course one had to know how to drive them didn’t one, I had some delightful experiences in the 70s when I Was asked frequently on building sites to pull ERFs Atkis & even AECs out of the ■■■■, Im not knocking these motors in any way, But they were too high geared in low gear to cope with the heavey going on some sites, Fodens were the best IMO, Regards Larry.

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Who’s 'e ? never 'eard of the ■■■■ Anon 1 :open_mouth: :laughing: :wink:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Bewick:

Punchy Dan:

Who’s 'e ? never 'eard of the [zb] Anon 1 :open_mouth: :laughing: :wink:

Now then Dennis, Could you handle the old 12 speed Foden box ■■?, I don’t doubt you could if you tried but did you ever have a go in a Foden, You seem to dislike them, But at the end of the day there was plenty of operaters that swore by them, Like Robsons Frae Carlisle, So what do you think Eh, Ha Ha, Regards Larry.

Bewick:

adr:
FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT :neutral_face: :smiling_imp: :angry: :confused: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[zb] off “adr” I am now sat in a deep underground bunker with “CF” ,in the next padded cell ,sorry, secure accommodation and NO it doesn’t have a connecting door, Nursie will be round shortly with the sleeping draughts :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: Bewick.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Bewick:

adr:
FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT :neutral_face: :smiling_imp: :angry: :confused: :open_mouth: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

[zb] off “adr” I am now sat in a deep underground bunker with “CF” ,in the next padded cell ,sorry, secure accommodation and NO it doesn’t have a connecting door, Nursie will be round shortly with the sleeping draughts :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: Bewick.

That ‘Nursie’ thing is just a fettish Dennis, you should have grown out of that by now :blush: , unless ‘Hattie Jacques’ is your thing :open_mouth: ! You have got all the therapy you need in the next cell, CF will hit you with a couple of 1 liners & stun you with his views on life :smiley: It’ll be like having warm honey poured over you, & you will sleep like a baby :wink: :laughing: .Chris

Hiya Larry,now Fodens are like Marmite,you either liked them or loathed them and IMHO more operators loathed them than liked them,however as far as Robsons were concerned the Great Stan,who I met on three occaisions was IMO “a man of his time” who was still loyal to Fodens but the world had moved on by in the late 70’s unfortunately there was no one at Robsons capable of succeeding the old chap.If there had been “fast eddie” would never have got a “sniff” into MB but unfortunately Stan sold out to United Glass who were in direct competition with MB in the packaging business.Sad to say “and the rest is history” Cheers Dennis.

adr:

Bewick:

adr:

That ‘Nursie’ thing is just a fettish Dennis, you should have grown out of that by now :blush: , unless ‘Hattie Jacques’ is your thing :open_mouth: ! You have got all the therapy you need in the next cell, CF will hit you with a couple of 1 liners & stun you with his views on life :smiley: It’ll be like having warm honey poured over you, & you will sleep like a baby :wink: :laughing: .Chris

Barbara Windsor “adr” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:Hattie can deal with “CF” Ooooh! I can hear him screaming in the next cell,sorry,torture chamber !! Sounds like he’s enjoying it,■■■■■■■ pervert ! :open_mouth: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: Dennis.

Bewick:

adr:

Bewick:

adr:

Barbara Windsor “adr” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:Hattie can deal with “CF” Ooooh! I can hear him screaming in the next cell,sorry,torture chamber !! Sounds like he’s enjoying it,[zb] pervert ! :open_mouth: :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :wink: Dennis.

Dennis do you think he is having a Detroit Spasm or a W…K, I mean he is a real one isn’t he, Ha Ha , Regards Larry.

He is obviously having extreme difficulty in changing hands at 99 Larry,it must be his bionic mit that is running amok eh! :laughing: :laughing: Cheers Dennis.

Bewick:
Hiya Larry,now Fodens are like Marmite,you either liked them or loathed them and IMHO more operators loathed them than liked them,however as far as Robsons were concerned the Great Stan,who I met on three occaisions was IMO “a man of his time” who was still loyal to Fodens but the world had moved on by in the late 70’s unfortunately there was no one at Robsons capable of succeeding the old chap.If there had been “fast eddie” would never have got a “sniff” into MB but unfortunately Stan sold out to United Glass who were in direct competition with MB in the packaging business.Sad to say “and the rest is history” Cheers Dennis.

Well Dennis, I divent like Marmite, But I do or did like my Fodens, , With two of them powered by the good old Gardner 150s And the S36 with its Leyland 680 PP, Along with the 12 speed Foden Box, I never made the higher rich rank, But we did make a very good living out of the road haulage game, & now relaxing in retirement with a few pennies in the kitty, Regards Larry

‘Babs Windsor’ :open_mouth: , don’t tease me, just write out the prescription :laughing: :laughing: & never knock ‘The 5 knuckle shuffle’ gents, it’s ■■■ with someone you love :blush: :stuck_out_tongue: :wink: :laughing: :laughing: . Chris

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Well Dennis, I divent like Marmite, But I do or did like my Fodens, , With two of them powered by the good old Gardner 150s And the S36 with its Leyland 680 PP, Along with the 12 speed Foden Box, I never made the higher rich rank, But we did make a very good living out of the road haulage game, & now relaxing in retirement with a few pennies in the kitty, Regards Larry

Members of the same club Larry !! :wink: Dennis.

Bewick:

Lawrence Dunbar:

Bewick:

Members of the same club Larry !! :wink: Dennis.

I will drink your good health to that Dennis, With a large Glenlivet Single Malt £22.00.from Morrisons Luvlyjubbly or what Eh, Regards Larry.

Doing a delivery by Malmsbury, Wilts last week, saw this Old Girl still working :smiley: . Chris

Virtually identical to the D reg one that I had, possibly ex Smiths as well? Quite a decent two part article in Classic and Vintage Commercial mag this month/last month by Peter Davies on the S80/S83 models (the last 'proper Foden’s) as well.

Pete.

Ive just had a phone call from a very good friend of mine Roddy Patterson from Aberagie Nr Perth, he is sending me some photos shortly of a Foden he has just acquired, Its a 6 wheel D/D, Unit, I will post them on here as soon as I get them, Regards Larry.