Fancy becoming a driver?

This guy seems a pretty down to earth driver, seems to have ‘‘done a bit’’ . etc.
Would you be sold on it?
youtu.be/f94NDstGww4

robroy:
This guy seems a pretty down to earth driver, seems to have ‘‘done a bit’’ . etc.
Would you be sold on it?
youtu.be/f94NDstGww4

Given the absence of posts slagging this guy off for…whatever…I guess he does get a “thumbs up”?
(288 views so far)
Seems to be a sensible person, neither exaggerating either the ups nor downs of the job.

Franglais:

robroy:
Would you be sold on it?
youtu.be/f94NDstGww4

Given the absence of posts slagging this guy off for…whatever…I guess he does get a “thumbs up”?
(288 views so far)
Seems to be a sensible person, neither exaggerating either the ups nor downs of the job.

Yep, as I said down to earth, no ridiculous ■■■■ dramas, or mountains out of mole hills for the benefit of the camera, and just gets on with the job, (and by his opinion on reduced rests and 15 hour days he’s got the job sussed as it should be…ie as he said .‘‘Down to the driver’s discretion’’.)
Proper driver. :sunglasses:
Not many of us left. :laughing: :laughing: :unamused:

‘Proper driver’? Wearing his perma-vis whilst driving?

Rob, your standards are slipping. Get thee back behind tha frilly curtains…

the nodding donkey:

Bloody hell I missed that one completely. :open_mouth:
The guy has just come down in my estimations. : :unamused: :smiley:

Listening to him he sounds like somebody who takes the job seriously and takes pride in what he does. All the qualities of a proper driver but a driving assesment would be necessary just to confirm he doesn’t drive like a complete maniac. Unlikely listening to him but always a possibility. :laughing:

Not many proper drivers left these days as you say Rob. :wink:

the nodding donkey:

One of the four key signs of a thick [zb] driver :

1. wears hi-viz while driving (but acceptable if only going a short distance between drops).
  2. wears baseball cap.
  3. wears rigger boots.
  4. wears bluetooth headset/earpiece when out of the truck. Double thick [zb] points if it’s got a flashing light on it.

Gives the appearance of having sampled pretty much every load he’s ever carried. Seriously - a heart attack waiting to happen.

I got offered a start with Abbey, and I turned it down. Judging by the reviews for them, best bullet I ever dodged…

Roymondo:
Gives the appearance of having sampled pretty much every load he’s ever carried. Seriously - a heart attack waiting to happen.

I thought the same when I saw his side profile walking around the trailer :open_mouth: . I wonder how many of those chocolate tanker loads never made it to their destination. :smiley:

R420:
I wonder how many of those chocolate tanker loads never made it to their destination. :smiley:

Having delivered sweetened condensed milk to Cadbury’s at Keynsham where I used to discharge my tanker right next to the ones delivering chocolate…

They made it to their destination but when they couple up and uncouple the sites put a plastic tub lined with a plastic bag under the outlet to catch any spillages. Doesn’t take long before that turns into a large solid lump of chocolate. I bet if you had a shuftie round his cab there’d be a few slightly chocolate stained plastic bags ferreted away.

The factory shop at bournville,is also very tempting.

Conor:

R420:
I wonder how many of those chocolate tanker loads never made it to their destination. :smiley:

Having delivered sweetened condensed milk to Cadbury’s at Keynsham where I used to discharge my tanker right next to the ones delivering chocolate…

They made it to their destination but when they couple up and uncouple the sites put a plastic tub lined with a plastic bag under the outlet to catch any spillages. Doesn’t take long before that turns into a large solid lump of chocolate. I bet if you had a shuftie round his cab there’d be a few slightly chocolate stained plastic bags ferreted away.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thinking about it, on the milk tankers we have the valve for the tank sample pot, but it also doubles as free (and very fresh) milk for my breakfast cereal on my break :smiley: . If one were into milk like one could be into chocolate, it wouldn’t take long to end being the same size as him in the video :astonished: . Luckily I take my coffee black.

Conor:

R420:

You can find them bags in my cab too.

Its not chocolate though…

Cracks me up when people look down on truckers wearing a hi viz while driving or in the services, it’s not a fashion show. Tin hat on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Silver_Surfer:
Cracks me up when people look down on truckers wearing a hi viz while driving or in the services, it’s not a fashion show. Tin hat on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

^ Spot the perma-hi-hiz wearer! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’d say the biggest tool is behind the wheel

The whole family had the best training ground at Pattersons of Batley. He is a good tanker man, but maybe been swayed by the mafia shilling. :stuck_out_tongue:

We can mock him for all it’s worth, but I the end, he’s a diligent and seemingly reasonably sensible driver. Well, apart from the perma-vis… :grimacing:

Of course he’s a company man. What company, when approached by a documentary maker, asked to put forth a driver to be interviewed and show the job, would pick the outspoken meaning hothead, or the driver that has only been in the job for a month, or the one that only shrugs and complains that “the job is ■■■■■■■■■

If you were Rikki, who would you pick to 'represent’TNUK on tv?

The Beaver? A consummate professional, articulate, but the 30 minute programme would involve a 20 minute detour to get a mediocre coffee.

Winseer? Another competent driver, who will rigidly stick to the script. If it involves a three hour documentary.

Dozy?

Carryfast?

toonsy:

Conor:

R420:

You can find them bags in my cab too.

Its not chocolate though…

<Splutter!> That’s one keyboard you owe me! This one’s got a mouthful of coffee in it :slight_smile: