Fancy becoming a driver?

Brings back bad memories of a brief stab at this work I made a decade ago with the very same firm.Not my bag tbh but I guess it floats others boats.I recall getting chocolate from a tanker being highly involved,lots of technical shenanigans to extract the stuff,auxiliary irritations such as wasp gatherings in high summer,dreadful dairy stench all pervasive in the cab,hair nets,pay not exactly inspiring and an office coterie resembling the cast of Goodfellas :slight_smile: this looks like a recruitment campaign to these cynical eyes,but it could be different now I guess.

R420:

Conor:

R420:
I wonder how many of those chocolate tanker loads never made it to their destination. :smiley:

Having delivered sweetened condensed milk to Cadbury’s at Keynsham where I used to discharge my tanker right next to the ones delivering chocolate…

They made it to their destination but when they couple up and uncouple the sites put a plastic tub lined with a plastic bag under the outlet to catch any spillages. Doesn’t take long before that turns into a large solid lump of chocolate. I bet if you had a shuftie round his cab there’d be a few slightly chocolate stained plastic bags ferreted away.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thinking about it, on the milk tankers we have the valve for the tank sample pot, but it also doubles as free (and very fresh) milk for my breakfast cereal on my break :smiley: . If one were into milk like one could be into chocolate, it wouldn’t take long to end being the same size as him in the video :astonished: . Luckily I take my coffee black.

Would that be raw milk for your flakes I’m wondering?heard it’s way more flavoursome before the processing.I know you can get raw milk online but the man don’t like it so all kinds of regulations apply to thus demonize it’s superior health benefits?

manalishi:

R420:

Conor:

R420:
I wonder how many of those chocolate tanker loads never made it to their destination. :smiley:

Having delivered sweetened condensed milk to Cadbury’s at Keynsham where I used to discharge my tanker right next to the ones delivering chocolate…

They made it to their destination but when they couple up and uncouple the sites put a plastic tub lined with a plastic bag under the outlet to catch any spillages. Doesn’t take long before that turns into a large solid lump of chocolate. I bet if you had a shuftie round his cab there’d be a few slightly chocolate stained plastic bags ferreted away.

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thinking about it, on the milk tankers we have the valve for the tank sample pot, but it also doubles as free (and very fresh) milk for my breakfast cereal on my break :smiley: . If one were into milk like one could be into chocolate, it wouldn’t take long to end being the same size as him in the video :astonished: . Luckily I take my coffee black.

**Would that be raw milk for your flakes I’m wondering?**heard it’s way more flavoursome before the processing.I know you can get raw milk online but the man don’t like it so all kinds of regulations apply to thus demonize it’s superior health benefits?

It is! Daisy and her mates are sauntering from the machines back to their field as I arrive. The milk was still in the cows literally 10 minutes before I eat/drink it with my cereal :smiley: . It could be reduced to just a few minutes but I have to let the milk cool a little before pumping it out as the temperature is too high for the regs straight out of the cows.

And you’re right, it is extremely flavoursome :smiley: :smiley: .

I remember as a kid going down the local farm with my Granda, and the farmer giving us milk right from the cow, didn’t get much fresher than that.
I remember it being very creamy, not so much thick, but not like the watery stuff you get today.
I bet it wouldn’t be allowed these days. :unamused:

robroy:
I remember as a kid going down the local farm with my Granda, and the farmer giving us milk right from the cow, didn’t get much fresher than that.
I remember it being very creamy, not so much thick, but not like the watery stuff you get today.

That’s exactly right Rob - creamy but not thick like cream is… I’m not sure what yer average supermarket milk product would be for a decent comparison. Certainly not your run-of-the-mill plastic bottled milks as even the so-called “full fat” milk is like water in comparison. Maybe they do some speciality milks but I expect it would still lose some flavour and texture once it’s been treated for public consumption.

To say nothing of the vast vitamin b content that comes direct from the grass.Farm near me went for the raw milk option but due to some,probably manufactured issue,had to be kyboshed which is pretty depressing considering the current wastages as a result of this plandemic.A compromised immune system across the board seems the prevailing ethos of big food/pharma I would vouchsafe. :open_mouth:

robroy:

A good mate of mine is a dairy farmer and when he’s got them in the parlour first thing, he’ll squeeze milk straight from udder into his brew! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: