Falling asleep at the wheel.

Bloke in an artic stuck in the central reservation this morning about 6am, m6 north of Birmingham, heard off another driver he’d allegedly fallen asleep at the wheel. Luckily no injuries but could have killed himself and many others, no problem. Probly lose his licence though.

Silver_Surfer:
Probly lose his licence though.

I hope so.

? no one plans to do it

silly sod should of pulled over before that, he’ll defo lose his licence with what’s gone on recently on the motorways, sad.

Silver_Surfer:
Bloke in an artic stuck in the central reservation this morning about 6am, m6 north of Birmingham, heard off another driver he’d allegedly fallen asleep at the wheel. Luckily no injuries but could have killed himself and many others, no problem. Probly lose his licence though.

Why would anyone take any notice of what another driver said allegedly happened :confused:

I would imagine the TC will be asking that driver some pertinent questions at interview the answers to which we can only speculate upon here.

why believe anything another driver says half of them are wannabe road accident traffic investigators come judge/jury and jailer :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

SmashedCrabFace:

Silver_Surfer:
Probly lose his licence though.

I hope so.

You don’t know the circumstances, OR do you??

Pratt end of . :unamused:

I very much about he’ll lose his license. And I hope he doesn’t. We all do stupid things or make stupid mistakes sometimes. Taking a mans livelihood away for damaging inanimate objects would be harsh. It’ll probably be a driving without due care and attention charge. That and the shock of the accident should be enough to make him change. When I buried a Range Rover in the central reservation of the M4 when I was 21 they couldn’t even get a driving without due care and attention charge to stick but I tell you what since that day if ever my eyelids start to droop I stop.

SI_A:

Is he still a pratt if fumes got into the cab ■■?

Pretty harsh to condemn someone without knowing any facts.

As for " another driver alleged " you should know half of us are fantasists. LOL… not me, honest injun.

Maybe his brakes failed…just like the guy in the tipper from a few years back…or maybe he was foreign and that looked a good place to stop and have his time off!!..And I don’t want to be classed as racist… so maybe he was English and it looked like a good place to park and have his time off!!! Or could it be he never got much sleep on christmas eve as he was excited that santa was coming there fore he was tired and not properly concentrating. Who knows but I would trust 100% if another driver told me he had fallen asleep :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

poor sod might have had apnea and not known it, he may also have a had a stroke or did the other driver see him putting his pyjamas on :unamused:

Silver_Surfer:

You don’t really think he’s going to admit he fell asleep do you?
Anything could have happened such as a blowout or steering failure. I think it’s unlikely he will lose his licence…I didn’t when it happened to me. I was convicted of driving without due care,that’s in the distant past now, thankfully.

Willy Gofar:

SI_A:

Is he still a pratt if fumes got into the cab ■■?

Pretty harsh to condemn someone without knowing any facts.

As for " another driver alleged " you should know half of us are fantasists. LOL… not me, honest injun.

well im only going on what the OP said so if it is “true” then yeah feel drowsy just pull over.

kangaroo court.png

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

bigsidney:
Maybe his brakes failed…

Very, very rare for both footbrake and secondary fail in such a fashion as the brakes won’t come on.
They’re designed to fail safe.

DieselDemon:
Anything could have happened such as a blowout or steering failure.

True, but if anyone ever finds thenselves in the situation described by the OP, PLEASE don’t tell the coppers the tyre blew out or the steering failed unless thats what happened. If you say the crash was caused by a mechanical failure, don’t think for one minute they’ll take your word for it. Once you motor is back in the contractors yard, the VOSA and police Collision Investigation Unit will go through it thoroughly.
I’ve known the CIU and VOSA remount tyres onto rims and inflate them to prove they hadn’t blown out (been knocked off the rims during the crash).
Likewise, they’ll check weather a steering linkage had dropped off causing the crash, or was smashed off in the crash.

If they prove you were telling fibs they’ll be determined to hammer you.

switchlogic:
Taking a mans livelihood away for damaging inanimate objects would be harsh. It’ll probably be a driving without due care and attention charge.

Assuming he did fall asleep, he’s only got himself to blame. It was pure chance that he only hit the central reservation and not a car full of people. Thankfully he’s not looking at a causing death by dangerous driving charge but if it was up to me he wouldn’t get another chance. Lives are worth more than someone’s livelihood.

No knowledge…? No comment. :unamused:

bigvern1:
No knowledge…? No comment. :unamused:

You should take your own advice.