Failed my c+e

Hi all well on Friday I failed my c+e due to the examiner taking me down a road he shouldn’t of. I pointed out to him that it was a 7.5 ton limit which he told me it’s fine as we can go down there on test. When we got to the end of the road I then knew why it was for 7.5 ton as there was a roundabout that was very small and the truck was to big which I ended up the trailer wheels hitting the kerb. ■■■■■■ off is a understatement :imp:

devonlad2009:
Hi all well on Friday I failed my c+e due to the examiner taking me down a road he shouldn’t of. I pointed out to him that it was a 7.5 ton limit which he told me it’s fine as we can go down there on test. When we got to the end of the road I then knew why it was for 7.5 ton as there was a roundabout that was very small and the truck was to big which I ended up the trailer wheels hitting the kerb. ■■■■■■ off is a understatement :imp:

DVSA do have 7.5 limit exemptions

Can you provide a google map link for this road please and give us your direction of travel

Is this plymouth test center?

You have the right of appeal; it’s in the notes on the test report. If there was no way the vehicle could negotiate the roundabout, then a serious mark should not have been recorded IMO. But, if there was any way that the vehicle could have got round it, the judgement is fair. The 7.5 limit is irrelevant in many areas as the DVSA can have exemptions from them.

Your trainer should be able to advise whether or not the truck could actually do it.

Hope this helps, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

The training school I’m with said its not part of the test route and went there themselves and same thing happened. And as for they can take you anywhere is rubbish as asked a few different people ie highways agency traffic police and they all said no they not to go down there. But turns out the examiner I had doesn’t know any test routes and got him self lost

devonlad2009:
The training school I’m with said its not part of the test route and went there themselves and same thing happened.

In a vehicle over 7.5 :question: - do they have an exemption :question:

Very silly if they did

Whas it because of the diversion due to collapsed drain on outland road? Then you end up at a mini roundabout going onto a big roundabout?

Wasn’t just me he did it too the lad after me failed his coach test on same roundabout and there was no roads closed or nothing he just didn’t know what where he was going. Definitely have lost faith with the dvsa

What road at what test center?

matttt iv pm you

I’d appeal. You never know, you could get it overturned.

intrigued to see that roundabout please

Been told they can’t be overturned and will have to sit another test

Radar19:

No, you cannot get a failure changed to a pass. A successful appeal just gets you the test fee refunded and you have to retake the test.

Roymondo:

Radar19:

No, you cannot get a failure changed to a pass. A successful appeal just gets you the test fee refunded and you have to retake the test.

Oh, so that how it works.

Sure is and to appeal you have to go to court which by that time and money you spend doing that u may as well pay for the test again

devonlad2009:
Sure is and to appeal you have to go to court which by that time and money you spend doing that u may as well pay for the test again

nothing here about going to court: gov.uk/government/organisat … -procedure

you could get the test fee refunded, and I reckon if there are issues with this examiner, the more people who actually bother to register a complaint, the greater the chance is of them getting sorted out.

I would like to see someone in this situation take the DVSA to small claims court (max £5k) to get back any loss of wages as well as any extra training fees and of course the retest fee etc

Rog I only said about court as that’s what it’s said on the back of the failure sheet but now I’m going to write to them