Failed class 1 due to nerves

failed my class one at featherstone today …got to the test centre and i knew i could do it ,reversing was my strong point done it every time with not even a shunt.nerves was good …and drive was good…well anyway got to test centre and i went to the toilet came back all hell had a broke loose…the truck i was driving was a 07 plate renault premium 450 with full size tri axle trailor with a fridge on it…any way examiner said he wanted truck measured as he was not happy with it , ended up the truck was 20 cm to long, it was 16.7 mtr instead of 16.5 mtr …the examiner said it wasnt going on test, then it was, then it wasnt then it was,then my instructor said hed move the sliding fith wheel to make truck shorter, examiner said has he got authorisation to do it…any way this was going on for about 15/20 mins then they eventually got it to size after some messing about and remeasuring… then they had to test it to see if it would turn ok cause of the fridge… at this point im thinking it aint gona happen cause im already 15 mins late…this got sorted and i heard examiner say to another one that id do reverse when i got back before trailor drop…as well as this all going on cause the truck was a 07 plate and the comotion other instructors started floating around the truck… at this point my nerves was totally gone…right long story i know but eventually examiner says right lets go but he said just as i start the reversing excerise that i was meant to be doing last but now doing at start , while im doing excerise to watch him as well at begining cause if he not happy with truck his stoping the test…now my nerves are totally gone. guess what i totally shagged up the reverse over the line when you run it down as im taking the first lock off… had to take 2 shunts… at this point examiner came over said i understand whats happend do i want to stop test i replied i know that ive failed but id like to do rest of test…i built my confidence back up done a brilliant drive and only got 4 minors, when we got back examiner said apart from the start due to one total balls up i done a really safe and smooth drive…to say i wasnt happy one, with the truck not been road worthy but also the comotion that happend examiner should of said no cant go on test our sort it and it can, not keep changing mind …but to be fair examiner was sound bloke and id say fair…just gutted cause i know i could of passed it if the comotion did not shoot my nerves through the roof…my works have now got to measure 170 unit and trailors rigged to each other…anyway retest booked up and im taking a tape measure lol

I read your other post about this and I think Rog got it right anyway. The company driving assessor should not be training drivers until he has been trained himself :stuck_out_tongue: Does he also spec the trucks?

Maybe my original post was valid after all

i can honestly say the instructor training was very good

To stvme2519

Sounds like a nightmare situation, you have my sympathy.

Looking on the bright side, you did the right thing by carrying on with the test. It is invaluable experience and now that you look back on it you know that there is nothing to get worked up about. All the hard work is done during training, the test itself is a piece of cake.

Four minor marks is proof that you gave an exceptionaly good drive (anything less than six is very good).

Keep your chin up, you’ll do it next time and one day you’ll be able to look back on today and laugh.

stvme2519:
i can honestly say the instructor training was very good

Proven by only 4 minors on the road drive :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: