Failed c+e not happy

Nearly messed up the reversing but took a shunt and recovered it went out to on the road Failed on pulling out on a rounder bout making a car slow down. in my opinion there was plenty of room and anyone would of pulled out there trying to get a clear patch big enough in birmingham is hard i thought i had waited there long enough con nsidering the size of the rounderbout and how busy it was apart from that two minors one was the shunt the other was on the road for observation now got to wait for training comepany to get back to me for dates for retest they are in no hurry i was hoping id have one for tomorrow lol

3stepsaheaduk:
in my opinion there was plenty of room

There wasn’t if you made a car slow down!
It’s a tough one mate and on test day your really hoping for things to go your way,especially when it comes to roundabouts. I know exactly what you were thinking as for my class 2,class 1 and my PCV test It alwys crept into my head that I was sitting too long and I needed to get moving before I picked up a minor for hesitation. All you can do is put it out your head and nail it the next time on your re-test. Just remember that if you need to sit for three hours then you need to sit for three hours if there are no gaps in traffic. A minor for possible hesitation is preferable to a serious for causing traffic to slow down.
Why did you get a minor for the shunt on the reversing?
Good luck next time :smiley:

iirc you have to wait 3 days before taking a retest, I don’t know if that is including Saturdays and Sundays.

Just a ‘Temporary delay’ mate.

Did you take more than one shunt on the reverse?

Ye i suppose the gap wasnt big enough but lorrys are constantly making cars slow down thats why car drivers hate us lol the car driver had seen me pulling out from a safe enough distance to react i didnt jump out him to make him emergency stop or anything i just slowed him down a little i the minor was for control reverse/left reverse with trailer

Can always remember my class 1 test and I passed first time but the examiner at the end said I should be more aggressive on pulling onto a roundabout :open_mouth:
I queried this and he said " If not you will be all day waiting for a gap" :smiling_imp:

i remember mine he said at the start of the test i want you drive in a work like manor there all different some by the book some exercise a little judgement i suppose its just the human element of the test better luck next time mate

You have not failed anything, it was defered success, it took me a few goes, it is experience.

Ironically the roundabout was invented by the French and would arguably be better if it was used as intended on the basis of giving priority to traffic entering not traffic on it.Or even better change the rules to no priority zip merging applies. :bulb:

I think part of the reason you hear of so many failures theses days is because you have to do your class 2 first then you are let out on the road to get some experiance and Then use it on your test instead of driving to pass a test . Onwards and upwards

Some roundabouts are always rammed, with no option but to commit and pull out. I’ve never got the hesitation thing during test. Better to be too cautious IMHO.

bazza123:
Some roundabouts are always rammed, with no option but to commit and pull out. I’ve never got the hesitation thing during test. Better to be too cautious IMHO.

If you are faced with such a situation, before you move explain to your examiner that there is going to be no let up in the traffic and you have no choice but to interrupt the flow to make progress and let him make the decision to agree with you.

I had a similar thing happen to me where on my (C) test a (CE) learner (under instruction) was using the test route in the opposite direction to me and managed to block my route. We both sat there for a moment or two until I told my examiner that I had no choice but to mount the kerb (curb?) to pass.

He agreed and I passed with no mention/penalty for that particular maneuver.

Worth asking instructors about such situations imo…

I reckon that most ppl that fail on the HGV test is due to roundabouts, coz the car ■■■■■■■ don’t use them bloody indicator things… you know the directional things that tell every one else where the ■■■■■■ there going…

■■■■ it up mate and have another stab

Swampey2418:
I reckon that most ppl that fail on the HGV test is due to roundabouts, coz the car ■■■■■■■ don’t use them bloody indicator things… you know the directional things that tell every one else where the [zb] there going…

■■■■ it up mate and have another stab

Agreed and most don’t know how to use them, something I see quite often is cars on a d/c in lane 1 approaching a roundabout indicating right then going straight on :confused:

I did that on my first class1 test, which guaranteed me a fail. I went back the next week, to give him a ‘good drive’ as he put it, and passed second time. Dont beat yourself up about it, its a hard test, and made very easy to fail by circumstances out of your direct control. :grimacing:

My son tells me that FAIL stands for “First Attempt In Learning”.

Best of luck with the re-test.

3stepsaheaduk:
‘…pulling out on a rounder bout making a car slow down…’

It’s zero compensation for you, but I did this too yet I passed - with the Examiner gesticulating rude stuff to the speeding motorist through the unit rear window as I progressed through the roundabout :smiley:

I failed first time cos a car decided to stray over the white line after I turned onto a country road and I had to stop about 10 yards into the road from the dual carriageway. The car wasn’t there when I started the move but examiner said I should have taken that into account before turning. How on earth I could have done that when the car wasn’t even there is a mystery to me, turns out the examiner was actually a car examiner and only does HGV tests once in a blue moon.
Anyway my Instructor went mental at him and re-booked my test for the following week, after what had happened the week before I gladly took two minors for hesitation and the examiner I got the second time said it was an excellent drive. I guess it is just your luck on the day and the mood of the examiner.
Good luck with your re-test.

Thanks everyone just waiting for a date for retest should have it by Tomorrow