Failed c+e advice please

Guys. I’m getting out the forces and completed numerous resettlement courses but I didn’t pass my c+e the biggest one I needed.

I did this in manchester it was a very busy city and did it in a manual truck. I know this isn’t the whole reason why I failed. I clipped a Kirb. And got 9 minors.

Anyhow. I am now going to pay myself. And decided to go with Peter Smythe. I spoke to a lady on the phone and was told it’s in automatics.

I’m a bit dis heartened but cpuld anyone shed any light If it is slightly easier to pass in automatic ? With out having to worry about gears ect.
any personal advice would be apreciated

Hiya bad luck on the fail did the same clipped a kerb first try,I’m sure Pete is more up to speed on auto training but driving an auto everyday it’s a big thing not to have to worry about.
Gives you more confidence and time to concentrate on everything else I’m sure Pete will be along soon and he only gets good stuff posted on here about his training and good luck

Jeff.

Cheers Jeff.

Was a little bit gutted to be honest it was a stupid mistake And now looking back I’m kicking my self.

Just don’t like the thought of a fail after £1350

Only 1 serious and under 10 minors = you will ■■■■ it next time and if changing to an auto then that will make it easier still

I fail to see what your concerns are …

You have picked your self up & re booked good

In the last few weeks I have used both manuals & autos ( I passed in a manual ) it can be easier with a auto less to think about untill you have to break hard then you will go for the clutch as well

But you should have nothing to worry about just go enjoy it

Sorry to hear about your fail mate, I have just passed my Class C but faild 3 weeks ago, wanted auto truck but it was booked out, so manual gear box 4 over 4 found it very easy to use and never missed any gears, I found class C hard, so you did very well to get round manchester with 9 minors and 1 serious good luck on your re test mate I’m sure you will get it on second test fingers crossed.

Or you go out in a manual we have 1 rigid that’s manual,you get to stop and think this is juddering a bit :blush: bugger it’s a manual lol.

Accountancy. Truckings whack

I cant see why auto should be a problem. Artic is auto but you have a choice of auto or manual on w+d.

Personally, the auto artic is my favourite vehicle on the fleet - even if it’s the only one that isn’t virtually new.

Pete :laughing: :laughing:

£1350

Don’t forget to ask for the 10% Trucknet discount when booking. That makes it £1215.

JS06:
Cheers Jeff.

Just don’t like the thought of a fail after £1350

I’m sorry Pete you won’t like this, but why are you paying for a full course? You’ve already had your training with the other company. I’m pretty sure half a course would suffice to familiarise with the training truck and gain knowledge of the test routes.

Paul :smiley:

There must be a reason; I have no idea as I had nothing to do with this booking personally.

I took a call today from a lad who had failed with another company and wanted to use my truck for a retest with no further training. lol!!

I don’t mind giving at least a day refresher training to familiarise them with the truck and get round a few test routes but after they have paid another training company a fair wedge for training then want to use the truck with no further training basically it ain’t gonna happen.

Paul :smiley:

We get these calls frequently when folks have failed having chosen another trainer. The response is that they must have an assessment drive. Then they’ll be given a quote and then it’s up to them. The majority book, normally making the comment that they wish they hadn’t wasted their money with the other trainer.

Thanks to everyone who replied.

I am going to choose to do the whole week as hopefully another week will be more than enough. I would rather pay more and not have to re do it more times.

Also Peter would I need to come down for an assessment as last time the forces paid for the course and was told were I would be doing it. Not by choice.

I will be ringing today anyways

Peter Smythe:
We get these calls frequently when folks have failed having chosen another trainer. The response is that they must have an assessment drive. Then they’ll be given a quote and then it’s up to them. The majority book, normally making the comment that they wish they hadn’t wasted their money with the other trainer.

Sorry, you really need to get your head out of your harris.

JS06:
Thanks to everyone who replied.

I am going to choose to do the whole week as hopefully another week will be more than enough. I would rather pay more and not have to re do it more times.

Also Peter would I need to come down for an assessment as last time the forces paid for the course and was told were I would be doing it. Not by choice.

I will be ringing today anyways

Go for an assessment and let Peter see your ability, he will advise you accordingly of course duration.

At this stage don’t commit yourself to a full course unless you have money to burn.

Paul :slight_smile:

No assessment is often common practice to gain customers living a distance away, stops them considering a more local driving school - get them booked, get the payment, job done. That’s how most course booking admin staff work, less hassle and saves on delays to fill the diary.

However, I’m a big fan of get as much training as you can before the test, extra practice isn’t going to do you any harm and who knows what he might have been taught before, the new instructor might have lots of work to do. I’ve seem some poorly trained individuals come through our door forcing us to recommend they complete a full course to give us enough time to correct their driving ability. This is often much harder than working with a complete novice, takes a very good instructor to turn around some customers.

Often customers don’t say on the phone they have previously taken training, so a full course may unwittingly be booked, but like I say, more time behind the wheel isn’t wasted.

ROG:
Only 1 serious and under 10 minors = you will ■■■■ it next time and if changing to an auto then that will make it easier still

I fail to see what your concerns are …

I got 14 minors and 2 serious on my first then 4 minors on my 2nd.

Having driven the artic at Peter Smythe I can tell you the brakes are all or nothing. Took me some time getting used to it, went to move out of the yard and nearly sent Chris through the windscreen! Oh and it rolls back if you aren’t careful. Had that happen to me a few times but other than that its dead easy to drive and pretty comfortable to boot.