Failed again

Failed my Hazzard Perception again today. It’s getting silly now! The first bloody hurdle and I can’t pass a simple test. I wouldn’t mind but I’ve not failed one practice one at home, been doing free online tests and anything I can get my hands on HP wise. I got 60 this time out of 100. It says on the double hazzard I got 2 but I know ■■■■ well I spotted them. Already got a retest booked for start of November. I just don’t know where I’m going wrong. Do you get marked down for clicking too many times? I know how it’s scored. Just can’t figure out where I’m goin wrong.

If I don’t get it in another couple of go’s then I might have to reconsider my career.

sorry to here that tarman, better luck next… cheers weeman

Sorry to hear this - I’m not looking forward to my attempt next week at all!

From what I’ve read, I don’t think you lose marks for clicking too many times unless the system thinks you’re trying to cheat and then it just gives you a flat ZERO mark

Was it a different set of clips to your first time?

Did you do the HPT for your car test and if yes, how did you get on?

There were a few clips which I remembered, might be why I got a better score this time round.

And yes, I’ve had my licence for 12 years but got it revoked after the first year, went a few years without driving and then eventually had to re-sit my theory complete with the (then new) hazard perception. I got something like 74 or 79 marks but I didn’t revise at the time as it was fairly new and training material was few and far between.

I’m thinking of not revising for the third time as it doesn’t seem to be doing me any good. The real test cant be the same as the revision material otherwise I’d pass it surely? I’ve not failed a practice test yet.

My understanding is that the practice clips online (the ones that I’ve seen) aren’t the real article, they’re just a way to get you used to what you’re supposed to do and what to look for etc

hi tarrman, sorry to hear you failed, i had the same problem myself at the start of the year, passed my questions first time with 97%, then the hp i failed, had to do it 3 or 4 times, i had the same problem it was really starting to ■■■■ me off, but trust me dont give up, if you really want to drive lorrys you will get it, theres a certain window time you have to click with in, dont keep clicking to much or you will see an X at the bottom of screen meaning you have clicked to much, just click easy when you see the hazard developing, take the practise session at the start, all the best for next test, davy :wink:

know your frustration on this one. I failed it relly badly one time only 40 odd points. I have managed to pass it now. my stratigy was to always do 3 clicks as slowerly as it takes to say it as im clicking it 1…2…3, i found can do 3 in a row like this and it wont think your cheating. if i clicked any more than 3 clicks at the same pace and it would think i was cheating so if i felt i need to click again i would try and put diffrent time spaceing between the clicks after the 3 clicks. hard to discribe in words but i managed to pass by working it that way. i was praticing so for so long at home i was getting an avage of 90 points but even when i passed i only managed 82 as not one clip on my dvd came up on the real test. it is a bollox test the amount of times i scored zero on a clip because i clicked to soon ! and was less than a milimeter out side the 5 points zone, was getting a fail for spotting the hazzard to quickly :imp:

davy1111:
hi tarrman, sorry to hear you failed, i had the same problem myself at the start of the year, passed my questions first time with 97%, then the hp i failed, had to do it 3 or 4 times, i had the same problem it was really starting to ■■■■ me off, but trust me dont give up, if you really want to drive lorrys you will get it, theres a certain window time you have to click with in, dont keep clicking to much or you will see an X at the bottom of screen meaning you have clicked to much, just click easy when you see the hazard developing, take the practise session at the start, all the best for next test, davy :wink:

I had to give myself a mental shake today, I kept thinking if I don’t get it soon then I’ll give up etc etc, but, gave myself a kick up the backside and my wife re-booked it for the following Tuesday. It is what I want to do and I WILL get there in the end :grimacing:

Suppose it’s natural to get all defensive after failing a test twice. I know I’m a good driver and I know I’ll get there in the end :sunglasses:

ull get there tarman, just keep at it, i felt the same way to but got there, the driving part is great, even though i havnt had job yet, the training was great, i knew once i drove a lorry 1st time on my training its wat i wanted to do, and i absoutley love driving anyway so job wud suit me down to the ground, just keep at it mate ull NAIL! that hp, once you do ull fell like uve passed your class 2 :laughing: , all best mate for next tues, chin up :wink:

Personaly I think the hp should be scrapped for the hgv test or something should be done to make it more hgv relevant as the hp as it is , is quite hard for people who have been driving a fair while as you tend to pick up hazard awareness with experience and as it is I feel more experienced drivers see the hazards well before the computer thinks we should as is designed to give new drivers a hazard perseption , just my opinion but there you go :stuck_out_tongue:

I found that i just hesitated before clicking worked for me , good luck for tues im sure it will all come together for you

fingers crossed fer ya

jen x

Thanks all :slight_smile:

Keep trying mate. Trick I used for car was to click a few times on same hazard. There is a certain zone to click in for each hazard - you can click too early even though we have seen hazard.

Do you drive a car on a daily basis?

Keep watching the video and click where you feel it’s a danger. Nothing to it. I feel that if i was in the same room with you and i coughed, i bet you would turn around !

Yeah I drive a car most days, not as much as I used to though. I used to have the car all the time for work but now the wife needs it to do the school runs so I’m relagated to a 50cc moped :open_mouth: (50cc because I have the entitlement on my licence and don’t need a CBT).

I have the car all week now as its half term :sunglasses:

Tarrman:
Yeah I drive a car most days, not as much as I used to though. I used to have the car all the time for work but now the wife needs it to do the school runs so I’m relagated to a 50cc moped :open_mouth: (50cc because I have the entitlement on my licence and don’t need a CBT).

This is true only if you passed your car test before Feb 1st 2001. If it was after that date you require a CBT. If so, you have to take your test within two years or re-do the CBT.

Truckulent:

Tarrman:

This is true only if you passed your car test before Feb 1st 2001. If it was after that date you require a CBT. If so, you have to take your test within two years or re-do the CBT.

Which I did, which is why I have the entitlement on my licence. it also means I don’t need ‘L’ plates on my bike. Its category ‘P’ to have the entitlement. There’s also ‘K’ for a lawn mower and ‘F’ for a tractor aswell as ‘B1’ which is a quad or trike. :grimacing:

Tarrman, I’ve just been doing some more practice tests and I’ve taken the advice in your threads on board and I’m finding that if I just take a breath and then click as the hazard develops rather than trying to pre-empt it happening, I’m scoring fives almost every time. Also, clicking once more again a second or two after you spot the hazard seems to ensure you’ll get at least one in the scoring zone. I think the person that said because we’re not new drivers we’re seeing things too soon and things that might not develop into hazards was spot on. Just need to stay cool about it and put yourself in the shoes of a learner driver again!

Its a joke, i passed mine first time, but it gave me 0 on 2 of them, saying i responded incorrectly,

I think the programme is a complete joke and you dont get points for spotting really early.

voodoo1:
Its a joke, i passed mine first time, but it gave me 0 on 2 of them, saying i responded incorrectly,

I think the programme is a complete joke and you dont get points for spotting really early.

When it first came in all the instructors failed it as they spotted hazards too soon. They had to change it. It’s a load of utter ■■■■■■■■ by the way…