failed AGAIN!

Took my test on 4th Jan for class 2 rigid. I FAILED AGAIN!
All the way round i got minors but then the serious took place OUTSIDE THE BLOODY TEST CENTRE. He said it was planning and awareness.
I thought i could change lanes before the traffic lights turned red but i didn’t and i ended up blocking two lanes!!! I feel stupid as if i hadn’t done that i would have passed as i only had 12 minors. that was 1 less than last time god i am gutted.
i will have to save up to get another try.
I am gonna try for driving 7.5 until then. i cried my little heart out last night as it would have been my dream job to drive the 17.5 tonners at work.
I wish everyone else who has their test soon good luck and think way ahead before u move.
:frowning:

Gutted for you :cry: gotta pick yourself up,dust yourself down and have another go - don`t give up !!! :smiley:

the only problem is i was funded before but i now have no funding left so i am gonna have to wait maybe a couple of months till i save up again.
i am definately gonna get back in the saddle.
gonna try for 7.5 tonners to get experience

mutha-trucker:
the only problem is i was funded before but i now have no funding left so i am gonna have to wait maybe a couple of months till i save up again.

I’m sorry to hear of your bad news, it seems like that lane change did for you on the last test as you said :cry:

As for driving the 7.5s at work, that depends on when you passed your car test, unless you’ve done a Cat C1 test along the way :wink:

dieseldave:

mutha-trucker:

I’m sorry to hear of your bad news, it seems like that lane change did for you on the last test as you said :cry:

As for driving the 7.5s at work, that depends on when you passed your car test, unless you’ve done a Cat C1 test along the way :wink:

i passed my test in 1995 so i have 7.5 tonne on my car licence. i made sure i had before i applied to TNT and other places

Good idea to get 7.5 experience - most of those that I’ve taught that have had that experience have passed their C much easier. I usually get " show me the DSA procedures and the gearbox, I’ve got the rest ok" - and they usually have :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

mutha-trucker:
i passed my test in 1995 so i have 7.5 tonne on my car licence. i made sure i had before i applied to TNT and other places

Nice one mutha-trucker, not everybody realises the difference between a pre-01/01/97 and a post- 01/01/97 car licence.
That comment also applies to some so-called TMs :wink:
There are reports of people getting caught for this quite regularly in Commercial Motor.

sorry you failed but if i were you i would even borrow the money rather than wait and keep at it till you do pass that could happen to anyone i,ve got it all to come to in feb and i,ve never drove any lorry even a 7 ton just 1 hr assesment so keep at it good luck

find the money somehow and take it again you will sail through it next time.

got some good news today.
I am being funded again for onedays training and one test.
EXCELLENT!!!
third time lucky!!!

mutha-trucker:
got some good news today.
I am being funded again for onedays training and one test.
EXCELLENT!!!
third time lucky!!!

I’d like to wish you luck, although you shouldn’t need it :wink:
The good thing is that you know what to expect, and what the examiner expects of you. :smiley: Should be a doddle this time :wink:

:smiley: Congrats on getting the extra funding, I’ve a feeling that wouldn’t have happened in my neck of the woods. :wink:

Best of luck :wink:

mutha-trucker:
I feel stupid as if i hadn’t done that i would have passed as i only had 12 minors. that was 1 less than last time god i am gutted.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Isnt 12 minors alot really?

who cares how many minors as long as you pass :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I had 4 minors on my first test and failed. I didn’t back far enough into the box. I was gutted as the guy before me destroyed the barrier and I was worried about doing the same. My instructor had told me you could not get out and check how far from the box you were, but I have now been told you can. My thought was that in reality, if you were reversing that close to something then you would need a banksman anyway, unless you were backing upto a dock in which case the buffers would stop you.
My second test was a nightmare, I got 15 minors I think it was (as I was a bundle of nerves) and when I tried to pick the trailer up again, I couldn’t remember which way to wind . But I passed.
Keep trying buddyif we never made mistakes we would never learn anything!

dangerousdave:
I had 4 minors on my first test and failed. I didn’t back far enough into the box. I was gutted as the guy before me destroyed the barrier and I was worried about doing the same. My instructor had told me you could not get out and check how far from the box you were, but I have now been told you can.

CORRECT - you can get out ONCE and go to the back of the vehicle when near the barrier and check without any faults being marked (unless you leave the handbrake off :open_mouth: ), so if you are unsure, stop a little bit short and the n GET OUT AND HAVE A LOOK.

Stevewoods:

mutha-trucker:
I feel stupid as if i hadn’t done that i would have passed as i only had 12 minors. that was 1 less than last time god i am gutted.

Yes i know that 12 is a lot but it would still be a pass.
don’t be so bloody picky

mutha-trucker:

Stevewoods:

mutha-trucker:

don’t be so bloody picky

12 is not that bad - a lot would depend where they are on the sheet. If a lot were in one section then that might be an area to look at more closely next time but if they are well spread out then do not worry.

mutha-trucker:
don’t be so bloody picky

:grimacing: You tell him mutha-trucker :grimacing:

I couldn’t have put it better…now doing my best impression of Muttley’s laugh :laughing:

:smiley: 12 minors is fine, and I’d echo ROG’s comment :wink:

Agreed. 12 minors is fine, that’s what I got for my cat C and went on to get 3 minors on my cat D and 3 minors on my CE.

A pass is a pass.

I’ve noticed that people seem to be saying that the more driving faults you have recorded against you, the worse the Pass is.

15 driving faults with no serious or dangerous faults is the “DSA Standard” required to receive the Pass certificate, therefore it’s completely irrevelant how many driving faults you make, because driving faults are faults you make which are NOT potentially dangerous NOR caused any danger - how safe is that??
However, 3 driving faults with 1 serious fault means you did something which WAS potentially dangerous and had the POTENTIAL to cause actual danger given the right circumstances.

Given the 2 examples I’ve listed above I know which driver I’d prefer behind the wheel.

I would also like to point out that when I passed my Cat. D Automatic Bus test in February 2004 I had crashed the vehicle before the test, then during training afterwards I destroyed the offside mirror, followed by misjudging the distance from a parked vehicle and hitting it, followed by driving a bus through a bus wash without realising it had metal guide-rollers on the floor which prevented me from straightening up and crashed into the bus wash…and that was after passing a DSA test with 5 driving faults.

You shouldn’t prejudge people’s driving based on what the examiner saw - the driving test is a controlled environment…the Real test is when you’re out on your own. As I found out.

If your examiner says you’ve passed, then it means you’ve been examined and passed a test of competence to drive a vehice of the category you’ve tested in, as prescribed for the purposes of Section 89 of the Road Traffic Act 1988…there’s no way you’d be given that kind of entitlement and permission if you were dangerous?!?

Richard
:slight_smile: