Face masks?

Why is it when I go onto sites that I am forced to wear a mask because I am at third party haulier when there members of staff including their drivers do not? Any body have an answer for this as it doesn’t seem fair.

Just like I was refused a trailer swap the other day because I forgot my face mask even though I don’t need to go inside and the paperwork is left in the trailer :unamused:

Apparentlly these have suddenly took off among drivers for some reason, don’t know why.

Got mine on order. :sunglasses:
It’s coming especially from the U.S. …by JUMBO jet. :smiley:

As much as it ■■■■■■ me off it’s a case of it being their train set so it’s their rules. There are plenty of ridiculous ill thought out rules abounding at the moment though; being handed a polythene bag in which to place your keys, you handle the bag, put your keys in and they handle it to take it off you. Unless there’s some plague resistant polythene bags on the market it just smacks of middle managers with their heads up their arses desperate to be seen to be doing something/anything.

Suppose am lucky, if the take the keys off me the load can’t get tipped :smiley:

Tipper Sam:
Why is it when I go onto sites that I am forced to wear a mask because I am at third party haulier when there members of staff including their drivers do not? Any body have an answer for this as it doesn’t seem fair.

This type of crap has been going on for years, one rule for us, one for everyone else.
Travis ■■■■ Perkins classic example, a delivering driver has to wear a hard hat, staff dont, customers walking around yard don’t, office staff walking in yard don’t…just us.
Power trips by those in charge.

the maoster:
As much as it ■■■■■■ me off it’s a case of it being their train set so it’s their rules. There are plenty of ridiculous ill thought out rules abounding at the moment though; being handed a polythene bag in which to place your keys, you handle the bag, put your keys in and they handle it to take it off you. Unless there’s some plague resistant polythene bags on the market it just smacks of middle managers with their heads up their arses desperate to be seen to be doing something/anything.

Or going to certain places, were drivers have to wear mask when getting out of cab, yet yard staff don’t, :smiley:

^^^^ would that perchance be the place off of the side of the major trunk route with the Asian mouth on a stick who sticks his beak into everything? :imp:

the maoster:
^^^^ would that perchance be the place off of the side of the major trunk route with the Asian mouth on a stick who sticks his beak into everything? :imp:

Both places, we don’t go to the OTHER place as regular as you do.

Aldi are a pain in the arse for this, drivers being asked to wear face masks by staff that are walking around the same warehouse without them.

I wear it at the counter, but take it off for the unloading process… can’t properly see what i’m doing with the pallet truck otherwise with my glasses steaming up. :unamused:

The customer makes the rules, no i don’t like signalling submission to this rapidly escalating national despotism but if going to a customer’s site i will do what i have to, they do after all indirectly pay my wages.

When it’s the other way round, ie out in the real world and i’m the customer then a different approach is taken.

You looked shiny, sparkly and well polished on the Soke (sp)Parkway in P’boro the other morning Juddian. The lorry looked good too. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I refuse to wear one. If the customer doesn’t want the goods they’ve ordered then I’m quite happy to take them back to where they came from. No skin off my nose.

the maoster:

There might be something in the bags for keys so to speak as the virus can’t cling to nitrile gloves so maybe the same for bags, but most likely ■■■■■■■■ to be fair.

the maoster:
You looked shiny, sparkly and well polished on the Soke (sp)Parkway in P’boro the other morning Juddian. The lorry looked good too. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Didn’t see you mate, sorry :blush: , have you got the same beasty or in another?

Tipper Sam:

First thing to understand is that wearing a mask does not protect you, it protects others that you might cough or breath on.

On the site that you visit it is very possible that all the staff there have been COVID tested, especially if there is any connection to the food chain. They know that they are clear of the virus but have no proof that you are so could pass it on to them if you did not wear a mask.

Martin:

Tipper Sam:

First thing to understand is that wearing a mask does not protect you, it protects others that you might cough or breath on.

On the site that you visit it is very possible that all the staff there have been COVID tested, especially if there is any connection to the food chain. They know that they are clear of the virus but have no proof that you are so could pass it on to them if you did not wear a mask.

Are there any reliabke tests that show whether anyone currently has C19 ?

Martin:

So are you saying people are having a covid test done on a daily basis■■? If not they are just as likley to have the fake virus as you or I visiting the site.
If they are having covid testing done on a daily base then no wonder the testing labs are overwhelmed!!!

Belly ache and moan and show as much indignation as you like,you enter a business premises you abide by their rules.Dont like it dont go in
As for face masks for Covid 19 it helps protect you from incoming and others from your outgoing germs being spread all over the place,
Its going to get worse before it gets better, the use of face masks is going to be the rule for sometime to come in MORE places than ever something the MOANERS are going to have put up with

lolipop:
Belly ache and moan and show as much indignation as you like,you enter a business premises you abide by their rules.Dont like it dont go in
As for face masks for Covid 19 it helps protect you from incoming and others from your outgoing germs being spread all over the place,
Its going to get worse before it gets better, the use of face masks is going to be the rule for sometime to come in MORE places than ever something the MOANERS are going to have put up with

+1 Is it really a major hassle putting one on?