Face masks?

elsa Lad:

lolipop:
Belly ache and moan and show as much indignation as you like,you enter a business premises you abide by their rules.Dont like it dont go in
As for face masks for Covid 19 it helps protect you from incoming and others from your outgoing germs being spread all over the place,
Its going to get worse before it gets better, the use of face masks is going to be the rule for sometime to come in MORE places than ever something the MOANERS are going to have put up with

+1 Is it really a major hassle putting one on?

For some, yes.

For others, me, its a signal that you facelessly submit to the increasingly dictatorial crew that have taken power for themselves, ie the blond buffoon (note, it wasn’t an act) and his carefully chosen allies, and those who own them and much of the western world, who are currently resetting the western economies to suit themselves.
Yes i’ll do what i have to in order to keep my job, if that means doing as the customer requests so be it, other than a customer’s requirements the rest of them can stick their pointless muzzles where the sun don’t shine.
For those happy to submit to the new and going to worsen tyranny, by all means carry on, just don’t be under any illusions that any of this is for your benefit.

They’v given us a daily check sheet for cab cleaning which is simple enough, but clearly drawn up by someone in the office, clean the steering wheel, parking brake lever, indicator stalks etc, but it also includes the questions “have you cleaned and disinfected the 5th wheel handle and the TIR cord

I’m waiting for one of these non job rule making types to specify hi viz face masks on their premises…it WILL.come. :smiley: :unamused:

Juddian:

the maoster:
You looked shiny, sparkly and well polished on the Soke (sp)Parkway in P’boro the other morning Juddian. The lorry looked good too. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Didn’t see you mate, sorry :blush: , have you got the same beasty or in another?

Same one mate. In your defence there was one of your Scanyars catching me up and he probably took your eye. Btw, you can tell that particular driver that although he made no attempt to acknowledge me I know that he was eternally grateful that I flashed him in! :smiley:

msgyorkie:

Martin:
On the site that you visit it is very possible that all the staff there have been COVID tested, especially if there is any connection to the food chain. They know that they are clear of the virus but have no proof that you are so could pass it on to them if you did not wear a mask.

So are you saying people are having a covid test done on a daily basis■■? If not they are just as likley to have the fake virus as you or I visiting the site.
If they are having covid testing done on a daily base then no wonder the testing labs are overwhelmed!!!

They do not need to be tested on a daily basis, tests should only be carried out if they have symptoms of COVID. Elevated temperature, loss of taste and smell, unusual cough, sore throat etc. are all symptoms. Also a sure sign is a very low blood oxygen saturation which can be done with a finger test in seconds. (Test meter from Amazon for around £17.)

robroy:
I’m waiting for one of these non job rule making types to specify hi viz face masks on their premises…it WILL.come. :smiley: :unamused:

I wonder where you can order one, think it would look quite fancy :sunglasses:

robroy:

Tipper Sam:
Why is it when I go onto sites that I am forced to wear a mask because I am at third party haulier when there members of staff including their drivers do not? Any body have an answer for this as it doesn’t seem fair.

This type of crap has been going on for years, one rule for us, one for everyone else.
Travis [zb] Perkins classic example, a delivering driver has to wear a hard hat, staff dont, customers walking around yard don’t, office staff walking in yard don’t…just us.
Power trips by those in charge.

Rob, I had the same thing at Severfield, near Thirsk, I was asked to put on safety glasses and a hard hat by the yard manager.
I said “your own staff are not wearing them”, his reply was “they know where the dangers are”.
I was going to point out to him that the danger that causes the damage is the one you don’t see but I knew it would be a waste of breath so I didn’t bother.

Martin:

msgyorkie:

Martin:
On the site that you visit it is very possible that all the staff there have been COVID tested, especially if there is any connection to the food chain. They know that they are clear of the virus but have no proof that you are so could pass it on to them if you did not wear a mask.

So are you saying people are having a covid test done on a daily basis■■? If not they are just as likley to have the fake virus as you or I visiting the site.
If they are having covid testing done on a daily base then no wonder the testing labs are overwhelmed!!!

They do not need to be tested on a daily basis, tests should only be carried out if they have symptoms of COVID. Elevated temperature, loss of taste and smell, unusual cough, sore throat etc. are all symptoms. Also a sure sign is a very low blood oxygen saturation which can be done with a finger test in seconds. (Test meter from Amazon for around £17.)

You miss my point. You can have be covid tested then 5 minutes later be in contact with a leper and you could catch covid19. The point im making is you can never say you are clear of covid, especially if you are one of those with the virus and show no symptons.

elsa Lad:

lolipop:
Belly ache and moan and show as much indignation as you like,you enter a business premises you abide by their rules.Dont like it dont go in
As for face masks for Covid 19 it helps protect you from incoming and others from your outgoing germs being spread all over the place,
Its going to get worse before it gets better, the use of face masks is going to be the rule for sometime to come in MORE places than ever something the MOANERS are going to have put up with

+1 Is it really a major hassle putting one on?

It’s the glasses thing for me. I’ve tried everything, tried all of peoples tips, can’t stop them glasses steaming up. Therefore I have become one of those people that just wears it under the nose only pulling it up when judging eyes might be watching or i’m actually close to other people, if I can get away with it I take the ■■■■ thing off.

Had to wear one again this afternoon to open the trailer curtains in a yard, total farce. They would get more respect for the mask wearing rules if they applied a bit of common.

robroy:
Apparentlly these have suddenly took off among drivers for some reason, don’t know why.
Got mine on order. :sunglasses:
It’s coming especially from the U.S. …by JUMBO jet. :smiley:

Unfortunately they are for trunkers only.