F C Corbett Bagillt

Is this company still running ? Pics from Trucking International,October 1993.

No they are not. he passed away a couple of years ago.

but his 3 sons are.

Chris is running 2 artics on for kingspan. and a fleet of taxis!

cliff runs a strato 6x4 insulated tipper on for tarmac

alan runs a erf 6x4 insulated tipper on for tarmac.

now your going to ask for me to get pictures of the 2 tippers!!

I’ll see what I can do.

Alan still looks the same except his hair is a lighter grey.

(like freddy boswells of bread!!)

dozer:
now your going to ask for me to get pictures of the 2 tippers!!

I’ll see what I can do.

You read my mind,mate ! :unamused: :laughing:

BTW,have you seen this article before ?

yes I saw it when it came out.

they’ve not long had a clear out in their yard and got rid of that wagon and the rest of the old scrappers.

dozer:
yes I saw it when it came out.

they’ve not long had a clear out in their yard and got rid of that wagon and the rest of the old scrappers.

Shame that mate,I’d have loved a trip over to N.Wales and take some pics. :frowning:

Is Hanmers still full of old wrecks ? Last time I was over,there was the old M reg Routeman stuck in the corner and various other old tippers as well.Mainly Fodens IIRC.

Thanks for the fascinating article on FC Corbett of Boot End, Bagillt. I vividly remembering seeing FC Corbett’s Bedfords through the railings in the playground of the Bootend School as they passed.

Does anyone remember TE (Eric) Corbett of Holway a brother to FC (Frank)?

Like Frank Corbett, Eric also used to run tippers out of a yard near the Holway Garage. In my schooldays in the 60’s and early 70’s, I can well remember his small fleet of Dodge 4-wheelers which had red cabs and would often been seen working alongside FC’s Bedfords. I have an idea that Corbett’s owned a quarry somwhere in the Halkyn area.

Other haulage concerns I can remember in the Holywell - Bagillt area were Waddy’s Haulage (Wadsworth), who had a yard by the Britannia Cafe - not far from FC Corbett’s yard.

In Greenfield, in a yard by the railway arch,was Canton Transport who were later taken over by Nuttall’s of Heywood. In a yard next to Canton were Phillips’ Buses (still there) who also had a couple of flatbed lorries a Bedford KM - 6 wheeler - later cut-down to a 4 wheeler and a 4 Wheeler Seddon.

Further along the coast-road towards Mostyn was Herbert Roberts who ran
some cattle wagons.

In Caerwys also running cattle trucks was Elfed Bartley.

I would be pleased to hear from anyone who remembers these old Flintshire firms.

Cheers - RR

Thanks for the photos of FC Corbett’s workhorses Bonkey - they certainly look well worked as indeed they were, I like the greedy boards subtly added to the Atki’s! It’s great to see them all again and much appreciated. Cheers!

Will make some inquiries about Tarmac (Khaki’s) and see if anything transpires.

RR - Chester