F Brown (Carlisle) Ltd

Hello,
For years, I loved the (now) long gone F Brown (Carlisle) livery. The companies lorries where always well turned out and where oftern carring smart, colourful trailers, most in customber liveries.
Has anyone got any old photos, infomation & interesting facts about them as all I know is up above.
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

5694688798_acf4236f19.jpg

Hello
Come on Trucknet, does anyone know anything about F Brown (Carlisle)■■?
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Be patient , ■■■■■■■■ Gill !!!
It s only 3 and a half hours since you put your first request on here . Have a browse through ■■■■■■■ Companies , theres info. on there about F. Brown ( Carlisle ) Ltd.
Thanks , cattle wagon man.

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello,
For years, I loved the (now) long gone F Brown (Carlisle) livery. The companies lorries where always well turned out and where oftern carring smart, colourful trailers, most in customber liveries.
Has anyone got any old photos, infomation & interesting facts about them as all I know is up above.
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Still going i think brownsofcarlisle.co.uk/index … age357.htm

We load out of their warehouse near dalston carlisle , had a truck in there a couple of weeks ago :open_mouth:

Not so old these photos :unamused: I am almost certain that I have put them on another thread somewhere on trucknet.
Brown of Carlisle 480 Iveco Stralis PX56CZS.jpg
Brown of Carlisle Merc Actros PX07CNA.jpg
Brown of Carlisle Mercedes Actros.jpg

Activespace, Spacecab, Megaspace?, all i remember them having is all the 2/3 series P cabbed Scanias?.

I drive past the yard everyday on my way to work. :wink:

Hello everyone,
Thanks for all your help. Yes, F Brown still run the warehousing business at Cardewless as well as a 2002 LDV dropside lorry and a Iveco Stralis artic which didn’t sell in the 2010 auction. They also run (according to VOSA) 14 trailers, which I think are on hire to ATL, who now have the Nestle (Dalston) contract.
NB12, yes Browns ran 2/3 Scania P cabs (I’ll see if I can find a photo).
Keep the info coming in.
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

grace%20042.jpg

Hello
Heres some more photos.
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

A390.jpg

A422.jpg

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello
Heres some more photos.
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Have you any when they had their depot at Thursby,? Regards Larry

Hello Lawrence,
I’m sorry,but I haven’t any photos of the Thursby depot (it was in the centre of the village wasn’t it??).
Heres some more photos.
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

5220_113166619083_100917969083_2170514_5475830_n.jpg

The livery was very recognisable. This one wasn’t thought worth changing.

Hello truckfing
Thankyou for that excelent photo. There are still some old Browns knocking about ■■■■■■■ like that, in the grey and red livery (most of them owned by ATL,I think■■?)
Thanks again
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

My memories of Browns from the 80’s/90’s when I used to see them up and down the country were a) They usually travelled in pairs and b) Invariably they were usually “airborne”.Were they on some sort of mileage bonus/trip money ? or was it just pure coincidence with the ones I came across that they just happened to be in “a hurry” ! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:
My memories of Browns from the 80’s/90’s when I used to see them up and down the country were a) They usually travelled in pairs and b) Invariably they were usually “airborne”.Were they on some sort of mileage bonus/trip money ? or was it just pure coincidence with the ones I came across that they just happened to be in “a hurry” ! Cheers Bewick.

Just to add to that Dennis, my memory of them includes DAFs with box van trailers flying past me on my way back from Scotland of an evening but the smell of tyre rubber was overpowering. (from the loads of Pirellis they were carrying)

Hello Bewick and truckfing.
Yes, I convoys of Browns wagons traveling to and from Nestles and Pirellis factories at Carlisle where a sight.
Thankyou again for you support.
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill
P.S Bewick, talking of Browns convoys, what about this one.

Picture%20003.jpg

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello Bewick and truckfing.
Yes, I convoys of Browns wagons traveling to and from Nestles and Pirellis factories at Carlisle where a sight.
Thankyou again for you support.
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill
P.S Bewick, talking of Browns convoys, what about this one.

This shot must have been cropped as there was a 3rd. Scania behind as well,it was a shot taken at Charnock Richard southbound on the M6 one Sunday afternoon.Cheers Bewick. This is a shot of the leading R112 in your shot CG,standing in the depot at Milnthorpe,it was the oldest of one of 5 R112’s that came from Essex International and was driven by the late Jim Varney who had been a long serving Bewick driver.Bewick.

Hello Bewick
Thankyou for that photo and infomation. Essex International is now part of Kerby Motors Haulage.
Thankyou again for your support.
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Hello
Heres some more photos from the internet.
regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Picture%20191.jpg

A421.jpg

5220_113166619083_100917969083_2170514_5475830_n.jpg

A friend of mine still has a Scania X Reg, that was one of Browns He uses it now for shunting trailers around his farm at Ponteland, Regards Larry