F Brown (Carlisle) Ltd

Hello Lawrence,
Was that one of the Scania 4 Series, which where sold off after they lost the Pirelli contract??
Thankyou for your support.
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

045.jpg

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello Lawrence,
Was that one of the Scania 4 Series, which where sold off after they lost the Pirelli contract??
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

By the sound of it CG you are clearly not “singing of the same hymn sheet” as I don’t think the “X” reg Larry is on about running around the farm would be a 4 series tractor !! I could be wrang marra but I doubt it eh! Cheers Bewick.

Hello Bewick
I only think it’s a Scania 4 series tractor because X reg is about 1999, and the 4 series came in in 1997.
I might be wrong, but thankyou for pointing it out.
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

hi,
i remember brown’s very well.a large well turned out fleet.a proper haulier,there aren’t many left now.back in may 2010 we painted two ex browns tga man’s for a west wales based customer.
regards andrew.

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello Bewick
I only think it’s a Scania 4 series tractor because X reg is about 1999, and the 4 series came in in 1997.
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Yes CG, but the X reg we are all talking about is 1981/82, when you were nowt but a twinkle in your old mans eye.

Hello pete 359,
Thats an excelent photo. Who did you paint the lorries for■■?
pip2209, Thankyou for supplying me with the right infomation on X reg. So, the Lorry at Lawrences mate has must be a Scania 112M■■?
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Hello
Heres some more photos.
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

002.jpg

Bewick:

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello Lawrence,
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

By the sound of it CG you are clearly not “singing of the same hymn sheet” as I don’t think the “X” reg Larry is on about running around the farm would be a 4 series tractor !! I could be wrang marra but I doubt it eh! Cheers Bewick.

Well lads I can solve what model it is , I shall go & take a photo of it & put it on the thread, Regards Larry.

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello pete 359,
Thats an excelent photo. Who did you paint the lorries for■■?
pip2209, Thankyou for supplying me with the right infomation on X reg. So, the Lorry at Lawrences mate has must be a Scania 112M■■?
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

hi gill,
we painted the two ex brown tga’s for ajt recycling.they are mainly used running scrap from swansea to newport.
regards andrew.

pip2209:

■■■■■■■■ gill:
Hello Bewick
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Yes CG, but the X reg we are all talking about is 1981/82, when you were nowt but a twinkle in your old mans eye.

The P cab 112 on the right is an 81 X reg Scania RAO 982X and IIRC was one of the first batch of the,then,new model of Scanias that Graham Commercials supplied when the 111’s and 81’s were replaced with the P & R cabs.Maybe (probably definitely) you were running round the school playground with a snotty nose and a lump of ginger cake in your hand when the first X reg motors went on the road !!! Cheers Bewick.

A couple of DAF 85 series belonging to Browns somewhere in the Hull area
transportphotos.com/road/photos
DAF 85cf  Brown JLC00218-08.jpg
DAF 85cf  Brown JLC00219-09.jpg

Hello stansfield, Bewick & pete 359,
Thankyou for showing those excelent photos. Stansfield, are there many of Browns wagons on NA3T■■?
Thankyou again
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

georgeking:
When I was growing up in West ■■■■■■■ I used to love visiting Carlisle just so I could see their depot, which at the time was probably the best in the region if not the Country, I only visited their yard once around 1982.

As well as haulage they also had a large plant hire fleet it was probably the third largest in the region after Seymour Plant Hire and BEC, the plant fleet consisted of:-
Priestman 360 tracked excavators
Ford Backhoe Loaders
Caterpillar D6 bulldozers
A couple of Cranes
plus they had some Ford tractors

Regarding their haulage fleet in the early eighties they probably had around 20-30 lorries, at one time they had F88’s and then changed to 111’s plus they had a SA 400. A couple their 111’s were in a yellow Pirelli livery. They bought a large amount (5-10) of P112’s around 1983-84 these were X and Y reg. They also had a tipper fleet of about 5 Dodge 4x2 tippers.
They also had a couple of vehicles, a Volvo F12 and a Leyland Reiver (this was replaced by a DAF 2300) in a yellow plant hire livery.

They also owned a couple of farms near Aspatria.

Can anyone remember another haulage firm from Cardewlees called Armstrong they a SA 400 and a SA 8x4 tipper.

Hi George, If my memory serves me right, I think you mean John Armstrong, he being the father of Ian Armstrong who continues to run a bulk tipper outfit from Penrith although he still uses Carlisle in the company name, only met him a couple of times in the late 80`s, decent bloke though.

Hello georgeking,
That infomation is excelent, just what I set the thread up for.
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Hello georgeking,
Thankyou for that extra info. I sure the ■■■■■■■ Companies page has a photo of the Lawsons wagon your taking about?
Regards and Thankyou for your support.
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Hello
Heres some more photos.
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

1060325404.jpg

001.jpg

5694688798_acf4236f19.jpg

Hello
Can anyone remember the Foden 4380 Browns ran (reg. L623 KHH)?
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill

Hello
Heres some ATL DAF XF’s on the Nestle contract, which Browns had before they packed in. These lorries are based at Cardewless.
Regards
■■■■■■■■ Gill