Extracting the Urine

I take the view that often people on TNUK expect to be able to offend then expect others to dance their tune. I also find that those who bleat the loudest are often the most offensive.

There’s definitely been some gangish culture and TBH, I don’t care… I can give as much as I take.

I do though think that naming individuals, who have clearly ruffled the feathers of someone - with the tag of a moderator - is not only potentially dangerous, and uncalled for… it’s not good moderating and brings the whole site into disrepute.

I employ people and I really don’t need to read, see or hear malicious statements about individual drivers - regardless of how high and mighty a moderator might believe they are, or what those individuals might have published online themselves!

To that end I would say: Tachograph, we once had a discussion about what you posted regarding a member whom you said backed up your statements in videos he published online.
In response to that, I would say this: That person has control over what he published about himself. He can remove it from the internet when he chooses (and I don’t need lessons on web archives etc).
He cannot control what you posted about him - he cannot edit nor remove what you posted about him. On that basis, if he ever suffers financial loss - he could claim… I did put that to you at the time - to which you made a very silly and frankly immature remark that has no standing and no truth in it. I provided what I believed to be sound advice and your reply was bloody daft tbh.

I would also say and stand by this: There’s a very large number of immature idiots using TNUK, this may have calmed recently, but it became very boring dealing with childish remarks constantly and is the main reason I hardly look at TNUK.

I’m up for a debate and have opinions on just about every subject going. But, to read the Admin of this site - pointing to Facebook as a playground for trolls and idiots is nothing short of hilarious IMO.

That said, internet forums are what they are and they to some extent invite the kind of comments made and encourage the ridiculous.
I personally think it’s a bit weird to have a forum for adults where swearing is so heavily moderated… but that’s how it is.

I’ve missed the recent debacle and I actually like DD’s lewd comments, rather funny and typical of the NAAFI, so it brings back old memories from times gone by.

Happy new year to everyone.

Good luck with the moderating.

Jingle Jon:
I do though think that naming individuals, who have clearly ruffled the feathers of someone - with the tag of a moderator - is not only potentially dangerous, and uncalled for… it’s not good moderating and brings the whole site into disrepute.

I employ people and I really don’t need to read, see or hear malicious statements about individual drivers - regardless of how high and mighty a moderator might believe they are, or what those individuals might have published online themselves!

To that end I would say: Tachograph, we once had a discussion about what you posted regarding a member whom you said backed up your statements in videos he published online.
In response to that, I would say this: That person has control over what he published about himself. He can remove it from the internet when he chooses (and I don’t need lessons on web archives etc).
He cannot control what you posted about him - he cannot edit nor remove what you posted about him. On that basis, if he ever suffers financial loss - he could claim… I did put that to you at the time - to which you made a very silly and frankly immature remark that has no standing and no truth in it. I provided what I believed to be sound advice and your reply was bloody daft tbh.

I’ve no idea what this has to do with this topic but presumably you’re still upset because I deleted a post you made just to slag off other forum members :unamused:

Actually we hardly had a discussion, it was one post by you and one reply by me telling you that the the person in question still pops in from time to time and the videos speak for themselves, I also told you that any more antagonistic posts by you would be deleted :unamused:

By the way, I stand by every word I said, including “everyone deserves a second chance and as he claims to have now changed I’m sure most people will give him that second chance”.

I think the mods do a good job personally. Take me for example, a clearly talented fella, but unfortunately nature has decreed that I am saddled with ’ bellenditis '.

This condition (although not medically recognised :neutral_face: ) means I am prone to a mixture of informative and constructive posts, however they do now and again get infiltrated with infantile nonsense :open_mouth:

Do the mods appreciate this? Probably not, but my take on it is this; I reckon the mods see us as similar to a community of chimps. Stay with me…

You get the older chimps who are experienced and mature. These primates generally sit in the shade, ■■■■■■■ around with sticks scratching each others backs and observing the group in general. (Various elder hairy eared members spring to mind :grimacing: ) These chimps do not need moderation.

Then you get the main group. These chimps on the whole contribute in many different ways, now and again though a couple of mistakes occur and occasional moderation is needed.

The other members of the group tend to be juveniles and/or disruptive. These chimps constantly fight, vandalise the trees (cabs) and steal food (glass cleaner & pens) from each other. Some members…erm I mean chimps, may have been kicked out of another zoo and struggle to fit in, or simply have not understood where they fit in. This group require regular moderation.

So in a nutshell, it’s ok to be a chimp/driver/bellend as long as you don’t break the rules :wink: What’s not to like? :laughing:

tachograph:

Jingle Jon:

I’ve no idea what this has to do with this topic but presumably you’re still upset because I deleted a post you made just to slag off other forum members :unamused:

Actually we hardly had a discussion, it was one post by you and one reply by me telling you that the the person in question still pops in from time to time and the videos speak for themselves, I also told you that any more antagonistic posts by you would be deleted :unamused:

By the way, I stand by every word I said, including “everyone deserves a second chance and as he claims to have now changed I’m sure most people will give him that second chance”.

That’s it - except you said quite a lot more about the person in question and I wasn’t upset because you deleted anything - that’s just silly, really don’t care about that. Don’t measure me by the scale of your own insecurities.

We did have a discussion, but you couldn’t handle being challenged - so you deleted my comments… No point in me posting more if that was going to continue & you made it clear that would be the case.

I didn’t post just to slag off other users, I actually jumped in to defend the same person you then slagged off. The fact that I did and still do think there’s a large number of idiots here… is my opinion and I stand by that… to which I added something like: thank god for the minority.

That seems to have irritated you.

If you think (standing by) making personal attacks on the character of a member who is personally identified - then quite frankly… you’re a bloody idiot too. :unamused:

Jingle Jon:
That’s it - except you said quite a lot more about the person in question and I wasn’t upset because you deleted anything - that’s just silly, really don’t care about that. Don’t measure me by the scale of your own insecurities.

We did have a discussion, but you couldn’t handle being challenged - so you deleted my comments… No point in me posting more if that was going to continue & you made it clear that would be the case.

I didn’t post just to slag off other users, I actually jumped in to defend the same person you then slagged off. The fact that I did and still do think there’s a large number of idiots here… is my opinion and I stand by that… to which I added something like: thank god for the minority.

That seems to have irritated you.

If you think (standing by) making personal attacks on the character of a member who is personally identified - then quite frankly… you’re a bloody idiot too. :unamused:

You was clearly upset by your confrontational post being deleted and can’t even post here without feeling the need to insult people.

I wasn’t slagging anyone one off, what I posted was fact and can be proved by the videos I still have on my computer, get over it.

I am not whining. Merely pointing out that I think you are a blithering idiot with a very poor command of English, based on empirical evidence - not conjecture - you are not capable of moderating because you have your own biased agenda.

The original attack you made was on the innocent individual who was not even taking part in the conversation and possibly not likely to have seen the attack on his character that you took part in. That is outrageous!

As I have pointed out - (WHICH APPEARS TO HAVE GONE WAY OVER YOUR HEAD) what that person says about himself is within his ability to control - he can remove, edit or alter those detail/s when or if he sees fit at any time of his choosing.
He has no ability to log into TN and moderate, alter, delete etc the slanderous remarks you have written about him - which to be honest I would have thought even the thickest of thickos would realise is at the very least disruptive and at worst liable.

I repeat - for anyone with half a brain to understand. I am an employer - you have made some very personal and slanderous remarks about a specific person - providing information about that person, which I would not have known if you had not been dumb enough to post that information.

Repeating your position because of what an individual says about themselves is not a good defence. On the contrary, it further emphasises you are a square peg in a round hole.

Un-professional, not fit for purpose and incapable of reasoning the bleeding obvious!

P.s: You obviously are stupid or just don’t have the wotsits to admit where you have done wrong and make the necessary changes to repair the issue. The fact that you store such data (video) on your personal computer paints another picture about your personality and one which is a very dark story indeed… not me that needs to get over anything… (not me storing data is it?) just saying what I believe.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Jingle Jon:
I am not whining. Merely pointing out that I think you are a blithering idiot with a very poor command of English, based on empirical evidence - not conjecture - you are not capable of moderating because you have your own biased agenda.

There’s no biased agender from me but I’m not so sure about you.

Perhaps you’d like to explain what you think my “biased agenda” is, or better still don’t bother because I don’t really care what you think :unamused:

Jingle Jon:
The original attack you made was on the innocent individual who was not even taking part in the conversation and possibly not likely to have seen the attack on his character that you took part in. That is outrageous!

Outside of your imagination there was no attack on anyone, someone made a comment implying that a particular driver didn’t deserve the criticism he gets and I explained why he gets so much flak on TN, that’s all.

Jingle Jon:
As I have pointed out - (WHICH APPEARS TO HAVE GONE WAY OVER YOUR HEAD) what that person says about himself is within his ability to control - he can remove, edit or alter those detail/s when or if he sees fit at any time of his choosing.
He has no ability to log into TN and moderate, alter, delete etc the slanderous remarks you have written about him - which to be honest I would have thought even the thickest of thickos would realise is at the very least disruptive and at worst liable.

On the contrary, while he may not be able to edit or delete other people’s posts he has every chance of replying just like any other TN member.

Nothing slanderous or libellous in what I’ve posted, perhaps you should look up what those words mean before using them :bulb:

Jingle Jon:
I repeat - for anyone with half a brain to understand. I am an employer - you have made some very personal and slanderous remarks about a specific person - providing information about that person, which I would not have known if you had not been dumb enough to post that information.

I don’t care that you’re an employer nor do I care that you don’t want to know some of the stuff that’s posted on a public forum, sorry but I just don’t care and no matter how many times you repeat yourself I still won’t care.

As above, before using words like slanderous find out what they mean, here’s a clue, the truth that can be proved is not libellous or slanderous.

Jingle Jon:
Repeating your position because of what an individual says about themselves is not a good defence. On the contrary, it further emphasises you are a square peg in a round hole.
Un-professional, not fit for purpose and incapable of reasoning the bleeding obvious!

Thank you, but like any other member of TN I’m allowed to express an opinion as long as it’s within the forum rules, the fact that you don’t like my opinion is neither here nor there :wink:

Jingle Jon:
P.s: You obviously are stupid or just don’t have the wotsits to admit where you have done wrong and make the necessary changes to repair the issue.

Or maybe I don’t believe that posting the truth in order to explain to a forum member why a another member gets so much flak is doing anything wrong, but I guess that isn’t what you want to hear is it.

By the way, I could justifiably remove quite a bit of your abusive post but I’ll leave it as it is because I think is shows why your post in the other thread were deleted and why I can’t/won’t take your last couple of posts here seriously :unamused:

Have a good day, or don’t …………………. if I’m honest I don’t care about that any more than I care about the fact that you like to tell us that you’re an employer who doesn’t want to read stuff about people.
I know I should be impressed but… :smiley:

Jingle Jon:

P.s: You obviously are stupid or just don’t have the wotsits to admit where you have done wrong and make the necessary changes to repair the issue. The fact that you store such data (video) on your personal computer paints another picture about your personality and one which is a very dark story indeed… not me that needs to get over anything… (not me storing data is it?) just saying what I believe.

I am not sure what your aim is on here fella, but your angry (and boring) posts are a little cringeworthy to be honest :neutral_face:

If you don’t like this sandpit, why don’t you go and find another? Sounds like life has dealt you a bum deal, but that does not mean that you should deal with it like a bum…

Jingle Jon:
I am not whining. .

Pretty sure you are… but in all fairness- if you have an issue with a moderator PM Desiel Dave outlining your complaint- it will be looked into - if Dave doesn’t give you the response you need then it will be escalated.

If you don’t want to do that, then maybe its time to just move on… because your getting a bit boring now

Rikki-UK:

Jingle Jon:
I am not whining. .

Pretty sure you are… but in all fairness- if you have an issue with a moderator PM Desiel Dave outlining your complaint- it will be looked into - if Dave doesn’t give you the response you need then it will be escalated.

If you don’t want to do that, then maybe its time to just move on… because your getting a bit boring now

Sorry mate. My mistake - though this area was for feedback. Didn’t realise you just wanted your arse kissing.

You guys are the best, level minded and not at all as stupid as some people think you are. Thank god you are here.

■■■

Feedback or constructive criticism is welcome, but that’s not what is happening here us it, you can spin it whichever way you want, but the fact is, you don’t like the way things are done here, so I will refer you to the cliche, you can please some of the people all the time… I’m sure you know the rest.

newmercman:
Feedback or constructive criticism is welcome, but that’s not what is happening here us it, you can spin it whichever way you want, but the fact is, you don’t like the way things are done here, so I will refer you to the cliche, you can please some of the people all the time… I’m sure you know the rest.

Which part of advising someone that what they have written about a person who is not here to defend themselves… is morally wrong and potentially liable - do you think is not constructive?

Jingle Jon:
Which part of advising someone that what they have written about a person who is not here to defend themselves… ?

Could you please say where it was written?

dieseldave:

Jingle Jon:
Which part of advising someone that what they have written about a person who is not here to defend themselves… ?

You are welcome to use the search tool or chat with Tacho… I’m too busy and have to be fair - no faith in those running this board.

I’ll doff mi cap and move on.

Bye bye then…

Jingle Jon:

dieseldave:

Jingle Jon:

You are welcome to use the search tool or chat with Tacho… I’m too busy and have to be fair - no faith in those running this board.

Talking of being fair… I’ll interpret your unhelpful remark as… unhelpful.

Thanks for your time and help though.

Rikki-UK:
Bye bye then…

Rikki,

What goes up - must come down.

Are you familiar with that age old saying… Be careful how you treat people on the way up etc etc?

If we meet on your inevitable way down… I’ll make sure I say hello.

Intelligent people know when to keep their ■■■■■■■ mouths shut.

Jingle Jon:
Intelligent people know when to keep their [zb] mouths shut.

And there’s proof of concept right there!

I am sorry I thought you had better places to go to and move on and was leaving us forever so thought a goodbye was appropriate
obviously not as I misread your good bye post and your still here- as for this

Are you familiar with that age old saying… Be careful how you treat people on the way up etc etc?

If we meet on your inevitable way down… I’ll make sure I say hello.

I am pretty sure I don’t care wether we meet in a lift somewhere but if we do I am sure my opinion of your online persona wont change