Extracting the Urine

Some folks are taking things a little too far… with false accounts and deliberately baiting topics, we have for a long while stood off the forums to give a little leeway, and allow some banter as requested by the memmbers here.

Unfortunatly some folks have to spoil it and go to far , so they have spoilt it for all and we have to tighten up the moderation for a while until some folks get over puberty … I am sorry to those honest posters who merely push the boundaries while never overstepping it but caution you may get caught in the crossfire… so I suggest until we rid ourselves of the trolls you post carefully.

Lets me very clear here- so there can be no mistake- if the trolling continues we will ban every account we feel is trolling or associated with trolling, it will be up to the account holder to prove to us they are not involved, not for us to prove they are - any new accounts made we feel are simply made to troll will also be banned - its 2 clicks of a mouse button for us to do this so hardly a difficult task.

This forum is about Trucks and driving not about having a dig or feeling superior - if you feel the need to belittle over people for their race, gender, choice of employer or any other reason then find some where else to do it- I hear Facebook is open to such behaviour, TruckNet is not - don’t like it don’t log into TruckNet its not difficult - if your only reason to be here is to be an arse we don’t want you here- and we WILL help you on your way

Rikki-UK:
… I am sorry to those honest posters who merely push the boundaries while never overstepping it but caution you may get caught in the crossfire… so I suggest until we rid ourselves of the trolls you post carefully.

I agree with your point about bs posted by trolls, but thing is Rikki if things become too sanitised on here, especially where there are posters who are inclined to speak their mind while not worrying who they offend to a point, (admittedlly such as me, but I aint the only one by any means) who will read this and be a bit over careful about what they say, the forum is then reduced to a ‘‘Which truck sat nav is best’’ and ‘‘What are Stobarts like to work for’’ type scenario,…which will be a shame because the forum is much better than that.

Please don’t come back with a ‘‘Well if you don’t like it mate’’ type answer, as I reckon it’s a relavent point worth discussing. :bulb:

I agree with Rikki. We all know who the fingers are pointing at (not you btw Robroy :smiley: ). In the past we had quality trolls such as Robk or Smashedcrabface who also actually did the job for a living, were very controversial but more importantly were also very humorous and whilst they could be scathing and cutting with their comments you never got the impression that they were posting in between doing homework assignments.

The latest breed (I have no doubt that it is one, maybe two people) are quite frankly puerile and immature and more importantly unfunny, so if the price of getting the forum back on track is the rest of us winding our necks in for a while then so be it imo.

Completey agree with maoster, I’ve put a couple of the tedious idiots on ignore but when they are quoted, their posts still appear.

I don’t think it will get sanitised Rob, just get round to turfing the trolls off and job done. There’s no humour or intelligence with this guy/s.

robroy:

Rikki-UK:
… I am sorry to those honest posters who merely push the boundaries while never overstepping it but caution you may get caught in the crossfire… so I suggest until we rid ourselves of the trolls you post carefully.

I agree with your point about bs posted by trolls, but thing is Rikki if things become too sanitised on here, especially where there are posters who are inclined to speak their mind while not worrying who they offend to a point, (admittedlly such as me, but I aint the only one by any means) who will read this and be a bit over careful about what they say, the forum is then reduced to a ‘‘Which truck sat nav is best’’ and ‘‘What are Stobarts like to work for’’ type scenario,…which will be a shame because the forum is much better than that.

Please don’t come back with a ‘‘Well if you don’t like it mate’’ type answer, as I reckon it’s a relavent point worth discussing. :bulb:

Hi robroy,

IMHO you’ve made very fair points. :smiley:

We can usually tell who’s who by reputation and post-count. :wink:

Modding is done by humans, so it isn’t an exact science, but I reckon we get it right (or as near right as possible) most of the time, so it’s more a case of “if they (trolls) don’t like it” etc.

As is well known, we don’t discuss sanctions applied to individuals, but it’s fair to say that after sufficient rope had been given, there have been some recent adjustments made in an effort to prevent crap from surfacing. :grimacing:

:bulb: Readers may even be able to read between the lines here… :wink:

albion:
Completey agree with maoster, I’ve put a couple of the tedious idiots on ignore but when they are quoted, their posts still appear.

Hi albion,

Unfortunately, that’s true but unavoidable.

albion:
I don’t think it will get sanitised Rob, just get round to turfing the trolls off and job done. There’s no humour or intelligence with this guy/s.

I think you’re right about it ever being (truly) sanitised, but let’s just say that quite recently the clean-up crew have been working behind the scenes. :wink:

Good call and about time, it was getting boring.

I don’t think it will get sanitised any more than it was before the idiots took over, banter is banter and most drivers can take a friendly ribbing but these one or two just took it too far with their tedious trolling.

albion:
I’ve put a couple of the tedious idiots on ignore

My list is chokka with the ■■■■ fools. They just spout puerile nonsense. IMO this action is long overdue.

I’m quite a subtle troll myself and feel it’s a disrespect to the art to create multiple accounts, if that’s what’s been done.

Always got to respect the house owners, although I have had a few precum near misses myself.

Dipper_Dave:
I’m quite a subtle troll myself and feel it’s a disrespect to the art to create multiple accounts, if that’s what’s been done.

Always got to respect the house owners, although I have had a few precum near misses myself.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1

couldnt have put it better myself.
its not uncommon for me to write a reply.read it,think,id love to,but il never get away with that,and 5 attempts later it gets watered down enough to think itl scrape through.
for the ones that would indignantly take the hump,there always seems to be more that went with the flow…
mr famous 5 id man just ant got the knack to be doing it tongue in cheek other than trying to taunt for replies and basically being irritating and annoying,but there you go,prob mostly solved once the new accounts made go the same way.
id have thought the need for multiple accounts would only be for the reason to troll,would anyone know of a valid reason? :confused:

To look popular and create a mini following is one reason maybe, in my antiscam days used to ‘seed’ a forum then turn it round a bit pointing out the drawbacks of the ponzi/hyip/autisurf/mlm scheme in question.

Probably never saved anyone from themselves in fact may have made things worse. Was paid to post once when I trolled myself as a shill. Dark times…

dieseldave:

robroy:

Rikki-UK:

Hi robroy,

IMHO you’ve made very fair points. :smiley:

We can usually tell who’s who by reputation and post-count. :wink:

Modding is done by humans, so it isn’t an exact science, but I reckon we get it right (or as near right as possible) most of the time, so it’s more a case of “if they (trolls) don’t like it” etc.

As is well known, we don’t discuss sanctions applied to individuals, but it’s fair to say that after sufficient rope had been given, there have been some recent adjustments made in an effort to prevent crap from surfacing. :grimacing:

:bulb: Readers may even be able to read between the lines here… :wink:

Cheers Dave mate for the usual fair explanation and summing up which I’ve come to expect from you on here concerning anything like this, …(I’m NOT being sarcy or taking the ■■■■ here btw :bulb: )
instead of the ‘pulling of rank’ or 'take it or leave it 'you sometimes get off a couple of the other mods… :neutral_face:

Oh ■■■■! That’s me on ■■■■ pre mod now. :laughing: :laughing:

I never knew this forum existed, I have read this all and have to admit that some people are very tedious and trying. I know a lot of my posts are troll like posts, no doubt about that at all. Not all of them are as most are actually truthful but you have to weed these out as the truth and trolling becomes becomes blurred. I know fingers are pointed in my direction over multiple accounts. I have always maintained my innocence here on this and that is the truth. It is difficult when the obvious trolls appear and start agreeing with me and even to some extent appearing to be me. This has a negative effect on my standing on the forum as these trolls start insulting posters that I actually like and have time for. I don’t like the trolls either and I don’t like people trying to insinuate that it is me for this reason. They are cheap copy cat posters and not too bright either as they cross the line of fun and humour, I always looked on my postings as edgy but not cheap shots at people. These trolls that are emulating and mascaraing as me are actually not helping me at all but actually damaging my character as UKT. I am a driver and I am a real fridge man, I was never a lie. I would apologise to anyone who was ever offended by my comments, my intention was never to upset, humour draws a line at insulting, the mods have done to me what they think is right, I agree with their decision but do have me wrong with multiple accounts. No sympathy vote is being asked here either.

Rikki-UK:
Some folks are taking things a little too far… with false accounts and deliberately baiting topics, we have for a long while stood off the forums to give a little leeway, and allow some banter as requested by the memmbers here.

Surely…

If you and the mods can clearly see someone is false/multiple accounting there can be no argument or leeway, ban the false accounts and their origional account.

The banter and mickey taking levels are no different to other forums and the balance is right but, multiple accounts shouldn’t be tolerated at all. They are only ever used for deceit. It became obvious from early on that one poster was appearing under various names and to such a point, that they were having conversations with themsleves. It shouldn’t have got that far.

I’m surprised that that particular person still has a voice on this forum at all.

UKtramp:
I never knew this forum existed, …

:bulb: Try a read of the index page.

UKtramp:
I know fingers are pointed in my direction over multiple accounts.

No need to claim innocence, it’s not against the rules.

:bulb: Try a read of the forum rules.
:arrow_right: Forum rules and sanction system - WEBSITE INFORMATION - Trucknet UK

UKtramp:
… a negative effect on my standing on the forum

You achieved that by your own efforts and all on your own.

UKtramp:
No sympathy vote is being asked here either.

I agree, and I’m seeing this as a good sign.

Stanley Knife:

albion:
I’ve put a couple of the tedious idiots on ignore

My list is chokka with the ■■■■ fools. They just spout puerile nonsense. IMO this action is long overdue.

I’m relieved I’m not one of them Stanley :wink: . I have a reasonable degree of patience…but it does have a limit!

Trolling can be a two way thing, when people reply to people they consider to be trolls with abusive or inflammatory replies intended to provoke an angry response, they then become trolls themselves.

There’s an old saying :wink:
Don’t feed the Trolls[/list:u]

An occasional wind-up is okay, isn’t it? :wink:
Hopefully I haven’t crossed the line, I don’t mind getting involved with a bit of banter from time to time, I have been hit with some real good come-backs but I’ve never been offended, just see it for what it is - be a shame to loose some of the craic.

123smith:
An occasional wind-up is okay, isn’t it? :wink:
Hopefully I haven’t crossed the line, I don’t mind getting involved with a bit of banter from time to time, I have been hit with some real good come-backs but I’ve never been offended, just see it for what it is - be a shame to loose some of the craic.

Nothing wrong with a bit of banter, nor a bit of a wind as long as it doesn’t turn into nothing more than an abusive slanging match.

It’s the trolling that needs to stop not the banter :wink:

have a swatch at some classic glesgae banter for you at 20 seconds in though you may need an interpreter,especially if you want to know what a swatch is… . :slight_smile:

youtube.com/watch?v=PN9CtXdNwyU

moan the banter