Extra Training (HIAB)

While I was waiting this morning for my rigid to made ready at the DHL depot in Newark this morning after speaking to some drivers I thought about doing extra training related to the new choosen career in truck driving.

And wondering if anyone could guide me to places in/around Lincolnshire area (upto Grimsby/Doncaster if I have too) that does HIAB training please? I have found one in hull for about £200 but need the truck with crane on which I don’t have.

BTW, got sent home in the end this morning as they couldn’t complete the order for the load I was doing to do - but not bad really getting paid for 8hrs doing nothing other than waiting, and chatting to the staff (now have a contact and some info to get a job there now :wink: )

Mike

try these,at least they will be able to tell you who does.(if they dont)

sitebuilder.yell.com/sb/show.do? … 1487000130

The trouble is, someone may not want to give you a job if you have no experience using one. A lot of places will put you through the training if they like the look of you as a driver. There also seems to be lots of organisations who can offer training, some employers will not recognise the training by some organisations. If you want to do anything construction based, the CITB would probably be your best bet.

try and get on at a builders merchants.
whilst at jewsons i got my ALLMI hiab ticket,forklift ticket and a defensive driving course

www.allmitraining.co.uk

bigandy:
try and get on at a builders merchants.
whilst at jewsons i got my ALLMI hiab ticket,forklift ticket and a defensive driving course

www.allmitraining.co.uk

Then find a job that pays somewhere half decent unlike builders merchants!

couple of things to consider, firstly the ticket you recieve after training is for the type of crane you do the test on, so if the schools using say an atlas 3006 block grab crane (6t) thats what it will say on the card which probably won’t impress an employer running wagons with 30- 40 t cranes for cabins and containers, which is where you wana be to earn any more than just a drivers rate.
secondly, there is no national standard test for lorry mounted cranes, each school will have their own set out agenda which you obviously must complete before they’ll give you a card, that can range from picking something up and putting it on the back of the wagon and then back off again and you passed, to operating with a banksman and written tests including slinging methods and safe lifting proceedures, so what may appears a cheap deal at one shool may not be the best value.
bit of run but try euromark at barnsley, good lads who will make sure your confident with the crane before they’ll give you the card, i’ll dig the number out for you if your bothered?
paul