Explore Transport

Seen these advertising quite a lot recently. 4 on 4 off tramping which is something I wouldn’t mind doing. Done a bit of digging and I see it’s a joint venture between Laing O’Rourke and WS Transportation.

Does this mean it’s just another Stobbard job with Stobbard pay. I don’t want to do a Dozy and drive round for £7.95 an hour, I’m scared I might start hitting stationary vans and running out of diesel.

Any drivers on here work for them ?

You don’t have a ■■■■■■■ clue do you.

Any response from people who are not pricks ?

Terry T:
Seen these advertising quite a lot recently. 4 on 4 off tramping which is something I wouldn’t mind doing. Done a bit of digging and I see it’s a joint venture between Laing O’Rourke and WS Transportation.

Does this mean it’s just another Stobbard job with Stobbard pay. I don’t want to do a Dozy and drive round for £7.95 an hour, I’m scared I might start hitting stationary vans and running out of diesel.

Greggo is your man , think he works for them

I must say though this four on four off lark does make me laugh , everyone wants to go on it too have extra time off ,then all they go on about is how they can work 2 days o/t one week and a day the next :unamused:

happysack:
You don’t have a [zb] clue do you.

About how much they pay, no. Hence the thread. Nearly 4000 posts and you still haven’t got the gist of this chat forum malarky.

Just to clarify for any other deranged folk out there, I more or less just want to know the money. The job ad and various websites cover the rest.

Terry T:

Never ran out of fuel, never hit a van, and don’t get paid £7.93 ph , your not doing very well :unamused:

A few years ago I posted my wage slip. It wasn’t an extra special week. Just an ordinary weeks work. I had comments on here and via pm calling a liar etc and accusing me of photo shopping the picture.

Can’t help you on explore. But dozy does work connected to them so it can’t be hard.

I don’t work for stobart, ws or indeed for explore. But I world imagine for Monday to Friday you will take home in the region of 600 including 4 nights out.

Obviously you’ll get less on 4 mid week days but the money should be better when covering the weekend days.

May I also suggest that if you have done your homework you will have found a contact number for them. So maybe you could ring them and ask them how much they pay.

And while I’m at it. If you are such a ■■■■■■■ whizz at research. You’ll find that it isn’t stobbard.

I know it’s not Stobbard as such. But with WS involved I was just curious if the pay for Explore was as crap as everything else they’re involved in.

If you don’t work for Stobbard, WS or Explore I’m not sure what your wage slip has to do with anything. I’d like to see the picture though, see if it’s worth wetting ur pants over.

Yes, I have a contact number for them from their website. Why bother though when I can ask on here and get the same response without having to ring them up asking questions. Lots of companies won’t discuss money over the phone either and if it’s not on the ad, perhaps there’s a reason for that. Perhaps not, who knows.

Look Jerry J, I work for the biomass side. My payslip is now irrelevant because I don’t get hourly pay anymore. Maybe you’d be better asking Dozy. The slip I put up wasn’t wet your pants exciting, just a standard week, but i cant remember what it was as it was a few years ago.

Personally I’d rather phone a company to ask wages than ask on a forum.

I do know that I see a lot of explore, stobart and ws wagons round here looking very important with all their flashing lights on because they are pulling a flatbed with a standard load.

Good luck with your job search, Jerry

happysack:
Look Jerry J

That cuts me to the bone. Can I borrow a mop to wipe away the tears.

I work for the biomass side.

Biomass side of who. Earlier you said you had nothing to do with any of them. Although it would explain why you’ve spat your dummy out over me criticising the pay.

i cant remember what it was as it was a few years ago.

I bet you can really. What thread was it, I’ll search for it.

Personally I’d rather phone a company to ask wages than ask on a forum.

Good for you. But that’s not always a good idea for reasons I’ve already stated.

Jeez, asking for the pay of a company shouldn’t require all this nonsense.

enquiries@exploretransport.co.uk

Email them. Ask them. Save yourself a phone call.

Now boys, stop arguing or I’ll spank you both and it’s straight to bed without pudding.

If it carries on no more trucky wuks for either of you - busses from now on.

You wait till I tell mom

Unless you find someone on here working the exact shifts that you are looking for, then no one will be able to give you answer.

For example. Dozy works for stobart but seemingly in conjunction with explore. I think he does Mon to Fri. He will get paid differently from someone working with him that does 4 on 4 off.

tomk86:
You wait till I tell mom

My mom is bigger than yours.

happysack:
Unless you find someone on here working the exact shifts that you are looking for, then no one will be able to give you answer.

For example. Dozy works for stobart but seemingly in conjunction with explore. I think he does Mon to Fri. He will get paid differently from someone working with him that does 4 on 4 off.

I don’t work Sunday to Thursday or Friday to Tuesday but I know what our lads that do earn for those shifts.

Bravo. I give up.

Terry:
I don’t work Sunday to Thursday or Friday to Tuesday but I know what our lads that do earn for those shifts.

So you want to pick your days and want 4on4off.When its your 4 days on and it covers them are you going to refuse if so dont waste your time filling the application for it.

Colin_scottish:

Terry:

So you want to pick your days and want 4on4off.When its your 4 days on and it covers them are you going to refuse if so dont waste your time filling the application for it.

I think you’ve missed what he’s saying.

A.

happysack:
Bravo. I give up.

I don’t know why you started in the first place, you clearly have nothing to add here.

I think you’ve missed what he’s saying.

Yeah just a bit :grimacing: