Experiences of Transline Recruitment

Rob K:

LASHHGV:
Give it a rest now Poeticpenguin if you want to advertise I think you have to pay for it. Transline are bullies when their backs are against the wall. I know for a fact they are short of drivers but give it a few months and they will get their stick out to beat the drivers again. Talking to one driver the other day he still hasn’t had wage slips for 3 weeks and you keep fobbing him off. Who are you then, Yana, Ellie, John or Dan.

Indeed. His other 4 posts are also nothing more than company promotion.

Woah there… I am entitled to like the people I work for. Still keeping busy.

Mike-C:

hgv1:
to sum up am i getting this straight

1 the poster works for transl
2 they are acting undercover to get remarks
3 their not a great advert for the company
4 their frutfull with the truth

i hope that their thoughts are not posted to their contractors because these remarks could make other drivers loose their jobs that rely on getting paid from the agency…loose talk is no good putting people out of work

Your comments are very far off the mark. What generally happens is that when the workforce demand comes to a certain financial amount/total/percentage then local agencies are ousted out or outright dropped, and Transline come in as sole or main supplier of staff. All previous agency staff that worked there are invited to apply to Transline for employment, or continuance of agency employment at the same site they where working at. So ultimatley the only people who will be out of work if no ones uses Transline is the Transline managers/operaters themselves. If the demand for drivers is there, then its there.

That’s true enough, I have worked at contracts like Argos when it was at TP and when it switches from one to another, you can switch with them, so it makes no difference if they are here or not.

LASHHGV:
Give it a rest now Poeticpenguin if you want to advertise I think you have to pay for it. Transline are bullies when their backs are against the wall. I know for a fact they are short of drivers but give it a few months and they will get their stick out to beat the drivers again. Talking to one driver the other day he still hasn’t had wage slips for 3 weeks and you keep fobbing him off. Who are you then, Yana, Ellie, John or Dan.

Can I be all of them?

poeticpenguin:

LASHHGV:

Can I be all of them?

so now the busy xmas rush is finished and you have finished spamming the job centre webshite you are back on here with your ■■■■■■■■.

work is slow at the minute.

My experiences of the above mentioned and indeed most agencies, very economical with the truth, will tell you just about anything to get you off the phone, always manage to under pay you and never over pay you, expect you to do a days training for no pay and even if you push them before the training to pay you and they agree…try getting the money out of them! Call me cynical but agencies appear to be a law to themselves. :frowning:

What are Transline like to work for?

Good and bad experiences please?

I work for them at the moment and have found them to be excellent, just wondered what everybody else thinks.

heard they where pretty good to work for when they had the wincantons contract in glos

I work for them and apart fom one scumbag they are very nice people. However like all agencies when It goes quiet they go to ground ie not replying to texts etc but why answer when you don’t have to. They do have texters cramp at Xmas tho :smiley:
overall not too bad but my motto is not to trust any agency too much.

poeticpenguin:

I work for them at the moment and have found them to be excellent, just wondered what everybody else thinks.

so you are working for them and want to know what they are like to work for :question: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I’m a little bit suspicious of this mob. I live in Harlow and they recently had an ad in my local rag for “a further 25 lgv c+e drivers”. Made me laugh because Comet, where the work was offered, don’t even have that many units, let alone need that many drivers!

I worked for them at the Sainsburys site in Northampton.
I found them to be very disorganised & kept paying me the wrong amount and paying me late or even missing payments altogether.
So much so that at one time they didn’t pay me for about 2 weeks and I ended up with about £180 worth of bank charges!!
I wouldn’t touch the Northampton site with a bargepole - no experience of the other sites though.

working via an agency at wincantons is and always been one of the lowest paying jobs going?Never met anyone who gets time and half after eight hours,on sat mornings or double on sunday.All the agencies do “deals” because of the drivers they can get in and overtime is only cause the ■■■■ heads who work for wincantons do not want it.

Arnt Transline owned by wincanton that’s why the have all their contracts and low rates of pay.

LASHHGV:
Arnt Transline owned by wincanton that’s why the have all their contracts and low rates of pay.

Transline do appear to have a connection with Wincanton. I suppose they pay the going rate of pay. A few years ago they were paying £500 per week guaranteed with free digs for a short term contract at Woolworths. I’ve worked for them myself, i found them pretty much like any other agency, although they must of had some big financial backing to be able to afford to take on and house they amounts of drivers at a moments notice as they have done over the years. They where able to provide literally hundreds of drivers at very short notice through national advertising. They had a very fast turnover of ‘consultants’ though.

LASHHGV:
I work for them and apart fom one scumbag they are very nice people. However like all agencies when It goes quiet they go to ground ie not replying to texts etc but why answer when you don’t have to. They do have texters cramp at Xmas tho :smiley:
overall not too bad but my motto is not to trust any agency too much.

I think most agencies go to ground when it’s quite, but only because they are spending the time looking for more work?

LASHHGV:

They are not owned by Wincanton, just a big supplier to them, but they also do DHL in some places too…

Denis F:

poeticpenguin:

so you are working for them and want to know what they are like to work for :question: :confused: :confused: :confused:

The good, the bad and the ugly… its always good to see the point of view from others my brethren

Sniff Sniff, smells a bit fishy :laughing: I have worked for many agencies and I can honestly say that I wouldn’t describe ANY of them as excellent. Trying to drum up some new business ? Roll up Roll up :laughing:

LASHHGV:

Indeed. His other 4 posts are also nothing more than company promotion.