Expensive day

Been out and about today shopping, and went for a nosy in the local Cash Converters, expecting to find a couple of cheap DVDs, CDs or games, came out 10 mins later with a set of drums FFS! :unamused: Cant play the things but am willing to learn. Anyone got any tips for learning?

Also had to get a new light for the fish tank, went into the pet shop to get the bulb, and came out with a new tank and stand. :open_mouth:

Im staying in tomorrow :smiley: Ah well at least Im banging some money back into the economy, to get things moving again, thats my excuse anyway :smiley:

This is the kit

Done the same thing a few years ago myself, sort off :smiley:

I only use them to bash when i am on one but they do help , i aint had a dent in a wall or door for ages :wink: :smiley:

bugcos:
Been out and about today shopping, and went for a nosy in the local Cash Converters, expecting to find a couple of cheap DVDs, CDs or games, came out 10 mins later with a set of drums FFS! :unamused: Cant play the things but am willing to learn. Anyone got any tips for learning?

Also had to get a new light for the fish tank, went into the pet shop to get the bulb, and came out with a new tank and stand. :open_mouth:

Im staying in tomorrow :smiley: Ah well at least Im banging some money back into the economy, to get things moving again, thats my excuse anyway :smiley:

your one of those shopperholics arenā€™t you :stuck_out_tongue:

donā€™t go to the parts shop you mite see a few to many bargains in the showroom :wink:

And I bet you moan at your missus if she buys a new pair of stockings! :unamused:

Wanted: DVDs
Purchases: Drumkit :open_mouth:

(I suppose it was still vaguely music-relatedā€¦) You and GerryT can meet up for some percussion and jamming sessions! :smiley:

Wanted: Lightbulb
Purchases: Entire London Aquarium :frowning:

I think your missus should confiscate your plastic and wallet and give you a small pocket-money allowanceā€¦ Youā€™re not safe to be let out unsupervised! :laughing:

Are you changing your signature to ā€œBorn To Shop!ā€ ? :grimacing:

wayhey bugcos has joined the darkside.

basically practice pads are your best friend right now when yoru out in the truck, get a practice book and a pad and just learna way while your on breaks or being tipped and if you have time get lessons aswell if your really wanting to learn.

it is addictive i must warn you. i spent Ā£5k on my last drumkit lol. spent in the region of 12k since i started playing drums lol

heres my old kit, loved this kit and it was quite big being an 11 peice kit lol, thats 11 drums lol

gogzy:
wayhey bugcos has joined the darkside.

basically practice pads are your best friend right now when yoru out in the truck, get a practice book and a pad and just learna way while your on breaks or being tipped and if you have time get lessons aswell if your really wanting to learn.

it is addictive i must warn you. i spent Ā£5k on my last drumkit lol. spent in the region of 12k since i started playing drums lol

heres my old kit, loved this kit and it was quite big being an 11 peice kit lol, thats 11 drums lol

i bet your neighborā€™s love you, are the ear protectors for the neighborā€™s or for you to stop hearing them :stuck_out_tongue:

you know my neighbours have never once complained about my drums lol
the ear protectors are for me, i need them with how loud this kit is lol.
full blown dear as hell birch thats in it.

two of my four kits, not got pics of the other two :frowning:

ha nice one, iv just been looking at getting myself a drum set, ibv been wanting to play for ages, i can play guitar so moving onto drums aswell.

id recommend youtube for lessons or wht i do is watch them and do the same

god theres soo many drummers on here lol

well if you wanna have a gear whorefest type match lets go for it :stuck_out_tongue:
snares

14x12 pearl ffx marching snare
14x5.5 mapex pro m coral crystal snare
10x6 pdp 805 snare (this thing ruled)

my electronic kit and the old mapex

drum tower ( 6 toms, 4 snares and a bass drum are in this pic, the lighting is crap though)

what we used to play on at college when i studied at acm, acm.ac.uk

bet the neighbours love you lot.

Some nice kits thereā€¦But are any of you as good as Neil Peart?

Koop:
Some nice kits thereā€¦But are any of you as good as Neil Peart?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qF-k4wg70rg

hes good but hes got nothing on this guy :stuck_out_tongue:

`or even this guy :stuck_out_tongue: (joking thats me but this video is soo old and soo rubbish lol)