Bargain buy

Took the missus and her mum shopping today, I was promised some treats for going thru the hell of shopping with women. I got taken to my new favourite shop ‘Home Bargains’, if you’ve not heard of it, its a shop that sells bargains as the name suggests :exclamation:

I had bought for me some bottles of Jacques they are only small ones i’d never seen these small ones, anyway its 250ml in each bottle for the princely sum of 39p. They sell cans of Coke for 29p which is cheap but to sell a bottle of cider for the same price as a mars bar :question: :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: . No wonder the world is full of such ■■■■ heads, and with prices like those I saw today, I’m thinking of joining the ranks of the ■■■■ heads :unamused:

i used to deliver to their main warehouse in Knowsley, the prices in the shop are unbelievable :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

i think it may be something to do with the “best Before” dates and how long there is left for food and drink stuff.

But, what did we do before the “sell By” dates were used? :question:

the best before on this stuff is the end of june 09 and I really dont think it’ll last the end of the night, bloody lovely stuff, tastes a bit ‘poncy’ but I can imagine on a beach or in a beer garden or a summer bbq it’d be the perfect chilled accompanying beverage

I tend not to bother with sell by dates. If something looks ok and smells ok i will eat it. Fried some sausages wednesday night (the 18th) that went out of date on the 10th. smelt ok tasted ok, never even pooed on thursday so they must have been fine! :smiley:

Update I went back today, its like my little aladins cave but without the gold, cadburys cranberry and granola chocolate bars sounds horrible tastes like heaven 10p each. Bottles of Schweppes Russchian, I normally have a fair few bottles in the fridge as i like it with my vodka 10p each and got some smints for my training as its alittle known fact that I reckon smints help me concentrate, got some from boots last week, they’d gone to over a pound a packet, today picked some up for 29p each, and they were wild berrly flavour, which is THE best flavoured smints in the world. If it wasn’t illegal to be a bigamist and legal to marry shops, I’d marry that shop

Home bargains are great has are B+M shops too

Another shop that’s good for freezer bargains is Herons, there’s one in my town, they do some fresh goods as well, close to sell by date. You can go in with £20 and come out with 4 carrier bags of shopping, all of it paid for :wink: