Exhaust brake switch?

Driving a Man automatic rigid in work it’s quite a few years old. Any idea of how to turn exhaust brakes on/off? Don’t want to start pressing random buttons for the sake of it! :smiley:

On dash above radio there’s a bank of switches you need the one with the crossed out Brake symbol on it
That’s if you’ve got the older 2 cup holder dash with standard radio ?
Also try pressing the end of r/h stalk , mine is on auto and either comes on when going down hill’s or braking when in higher gears
My truck is a TGM 18.240 2008 auto

On tgx its at the end of the rh stalk as mentioned above

Ah right cheers .I know it’s a Man but not sure if exact model so will check Monday when I’m in. Cheers both!

ValleysTrucker:
Ah right cheers .I know it’s a Man but not sure if exact model so will check Monday when I’m in. Cheers both!

I will post pic up Monday as well

blue estate:

ValleysTrucker:

I will post pic up Monday as well

Ok nice one. Couple of buttons on steering wheel too which I’m not sure of.I will try upload some when can.

L/h top to bottom
Radio volume +/- top 2 menu toggle up down
radio preset up / menu select centre screen
radio preset down menu exit
opens centre screen menu
r/h side
Cruise or limiter up/down top 2 buttons
off turns cruise off
memory button
bottom switches between cruise Symbol in centre screen arrow on l/d side
limiter Arrow on r/h

MAN.jpg
Is your truck cab like this

ValleysTrucker:
Don’t want to start pressing random buttons for the sake of it! :smiley:

Look, there is no button that will make the truck explode if you press it. If you don’t know what a switch does, press it and find out! Every single button does something to help you, the driver, out in some way. Driving a truck without investigating every feature, is like trying to box with one arm tied behind your back…

F-reds:

ValleysTrucker:

Look, there is no button that will make the truck explode if you press it. If you don’t know what a switch does, press it and find out! Every single button does something to help you, the driver, out in some way. Driving a truck without investigating every feature, is like trying to box with one arm tied behind your back…

I use the radio off button usually between 5am and 9.30am then 12pm to 2pm when on radio 2 :laughing: :laughing:
Yes I can’t stand Feltz and Evans also the moaners on Vines show :imp: :imp: :imp:

blue estate:
L/h top to bottom
Radio volume +/- top 2 menu toggle up down
radio preset up / menu select centre screen
radio preset down menu exit
opens centre screen menu
r/h side
Cruise or limiter up/down top 2 buttons
off turns cruise off
memory button
bottom switches between cruise Symbol in centre screen arrow on l/d side
limiter Arrow on r/h
Is your truck cab like this

Slightly different.On the steering wheel too there’s only about 3 buttons each side of centre of steering wheel.

blue estate:

F-reds:

ValleysTrucker:

I use the radio off button usually between 5am and 9.30am then 12pm to 2pm when on radio 2 :laughing: :laughing:
Yes I can’t stand Feltz and Evans also the moaners on Vines show :imp: :imp: :imp:

Like I said, every button does something to help you :wink:

The button/switch on a TGX to turn off the exhaust brake is down on the bank of switches to the lower dash beside your left knee.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

This one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What? the one with an engine in the middle, a drum brake around it, and then a cross over the top? :open_mouth:

Is that the night heater? :laughing:

F-reds:

Can we have an exception for Diff lock please? :smiley:

For Newbies that don’t know, the Diff lock (if you’re lucky enough to have one :wink:) will save your arse of you put one side of your drive axles on something without traction, as it will force the better grounded (opposite side) drive wheel to push as well. So when you hop on to that firm looking verge, or think the terrain is more suited to a tractor, a Diff lock is great.

However, (I’m told) you can do serious damage if you have it locked in on normal driving…
I don’t know, as when I was a lowly VAN driver, my MAN didn’t have it! :laughing:

P.S. Good truck or VAN, just let Volvo provide the auto gearbox from now on! :imp:

What you say is true, but how do you know what the diff lock button is? Press it and see what it does!!

If used the weight transfer button on my truck fully loaded and then tried to drive a full shift like it, it wouldn’t do her any good either.

My point is, you as the driver, should know each button on the dash, because otherwise it was pointless having it installed!!

F-reds:
What you say is true, but how do you know what the diff lock button is? Press it and see what it does!!

If used the weight transfer button on my truck fully loaded and then tried to drive a full shift like it, it wouldn’t do her any good either.

My point is, you as the driver, should know each button on the dash, because otherwise it was pointless having it installed!!

From left to right starting at top
Heated seat control
Load area lights
Exhaust brake auto mode switch off
Cab night lights (red)
Reversing buzz switch off

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

F-reds:

Can’t argue with that…
What I can remember, is being a Newbie first staring at them all! :open_mouth:
So Newbies should be encouraged to ask these sorts of questions, as we both know this stuff isn’t in the CPC! :laughing:
And trainers don’t need to cover them…

Personally i think that if your fairly new or driving a variety of vehicles your not going to know EVERY switch on all the vehicles. You should familiarize yourself of course but it takes time and you will have “well where the hells that then?” moments, which i guess is the beauty of a forum like this where you can ask and find out and maybe not look so green in the eyes of a new employer?

RB84:
Personally i think that if your fairly new or driving a variety of vehicles your not going to know EVERY switch on all the vehicles. You should familiarize yourself of course but it takes time and you will have “well where the hells that then?” moments, which i guess is the beauty of a forum like this where you can ask and find out and maybe not look so green in the eyes of a new employer?

Like I said, there is Auto Explode Button… If you don’t recognise the symbol, press the button, look on the dash for anything that has changed, and failing that get off your ■■■ and see what is the resulting action.

I’d be far more impressed by someone taking the time to familiarise themselves with £100000 odd of kit, than some turkey that just drives it off with the suspension up to the ceiling because that is how they found it…