Exhaust brake switch?

F-reds:

RB84:
Personally i think that if your fairly new or driving a variety of vehicles your not going to know EVERY switch on all the vehicles. You should familiarize yourself of course but it takes time and you will have “well where the hells that then?” moments, which i guess is the beauty of a forum like this where you can ask and find out and maybe not look so green in the eyes of a new employer?

Like I said, there is Auto Explode Button… If you don’t recognise the symbol, press the button, look on the dash for anything that has changed, and failing that get off your ■■■ and see what is the resulting action.

I’d be far more impressed by someone taking the time to familiarise themselves with £100000 odd of kit, than some turkey that just drives it off with the suspension up to the ceiling because that is how they found it…

Well if there is i’m not touching anything unfamiliar :wink:

Oh you should definitely have a play around to see what does what or ask BEFORE taking the vehicle out, but you will have times with hire vehicles etc when you don’t get chance or forget we are all human after all!

If we didn’t ask questions this forum would be pretty ■■■■! :smiley: Evil don’t mind being pestered he loves to help out! :stuck_out_tongue:

F-reds:
I’d be far more impressed by someone taking the time to familiarise themselves with £100000 odd of kit, than some turkey that just drives it off with the suspension up to the ceiling because that is how they found it…

I agree with most of what you say, but will ask if you’ve starting wearing a tie yet? :grimacing:

As who here hasn’t blagged it a bit at some point?
Come on admit it we all have, and as long as we can get the bugger out the yard, most of us will suss it out as we go…

So yes you’re right in saying; press it and find out if it’s the ejector seat! :smiley:
But you’re never going to find someone who reads that manual before they leave the yard, as the forkies will be practically pushing them out after a while.That’s what’s great about this forum, as when a Newbie with a bit of initiative to learn asks, those that know should help and have a bit of light banter. So the gist of my point is that Taffy (The OP! :smiley:) should be commended on WANTING to learn about the exhaust brake, as unfortunately it’s not part of the test and I’ve whined on here about that before… :cry:

Asking and wanting to do/learn, is far better than asking someone who’s driven a truck for a week and they can’t tell you how to check the oil on a DAF CF! :open_mouth: Yep I’ve been there! :unamused: The bloke was so lazy he didn’t even copy my vehicle checks, that were in the book from the alternating shift. :cry:
He just ticked everything! :open_mouth:

P.S. Taffy, just because I gave you some advice and you’ve been around longer than your user ID suggests :wink: it doesn’t make us lovers! :open_mouth:
:laughing:

Evil8Beezle:

F-reds:

I agree with most of what you say, but will ask if you’ve starting wearing a tie yet? :grimacing:

As who here hasn’t blagged it a bit at some point?

:laughing:

Blagging is fine, its the mortal fear some people have of the unknown that I cant understand.

And no tie, but ■■■■ me, I’m a handsome devil in a shirt and a pair of tight fitting jeans…

F-reds:
And no tie, but [zb] me, I’m a handsome devil in a shirt and a pair of tight fitting jeans…

Well I’m still thinking something is cutting off the circulation to your head! :wink:

Evil8Beezle:

F-reds:
And no tie, but [zb] me, I’m a handsome devil in a shirt and a pair of tight fitting jeans…

Well I’m still thinking something is cutting off the circulation to your head! :wink:

What a belt ? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

blue estate:

Evil8Beezle:

F-reds:

What a belt ? [emoji6]

Give it a couple of years of driver assessments, accident damage reports, Tacho infringement and 1 to 1 meetings, then maybe! :smiley: