"excoise me soir, can oi trouble ye for a moooment?&quo

“dey won’t take me euros at de petrol station… an oim desperate fer some diesel…”

scamming gits.

fortunately I saw it happen to another driver at gordano services 2 weeks ago so when they tried it on with me at michael wood, I knew the score…

offered some euros for a “fivers worth” of diesel. they go ahead using top notch syphoning pump thing to fill the whole 45l fuel tank then clear off leaving you with a genuine english fiver (despite the premise of not having any of the queen’s money in the first place!).

is it a particular problem around gloucester and avon, or nationwide?

:open_mouth: Yeah I had that at Avonmouth earlier in the year. Definite Irish accent. :confused: :imp: They got no qualms about waking everbody up either. :angry:

Sounds like ■■■■■■ doesnt it!?

Travellers have been trying that old “desperate for diesel” scam for years and always seem to find some mug to cash in on.

About 10 years ago I was waiting outside a factory in the cardiff docks area and this lad pulls up along side telling me he’s nearly run the transit dry and flashing a tenner if I could “help him out”. Being new to the game at the time I saw an opportunity to both do a good deed for the day and earn a few quid into the bargain. Matey sticks the hose into the tank and it near took the shape out of the tank the pump was that powerful. I soon stopped him and he gives me the tenner confident that he’d probably got twice that in diesel. I climb back into the cab just in time to see him turn into the ■■■■■ camp up the road…LESSON LEARNED…

A few years later I’d stopped at tesco abingdon for a bargain brekky and on returning to the truck I find this traveller type lurking around with a tale of woe about the tesco garage “not taking his BP card” and could I possibly help him out. Well it was his lucky day and I put him onto a BP garage a couple of miles down the A34 at didcot.

"I don’t think I’ve got enough to get that far"says Matey.

“Not a problem, I’m heading that way myself so I’ll follow behind and if you run out we’ll throw that big drum in the back there onto the trailer and I’ll run you down there”. Says I.

I can’t print his reply on here but after a few choice word from both matey and myself he cleared off with his tail between his legs and an empty drum on the pickup.

Cheers
neilf

ive had the same trick but i never fell for it thought at loughboro on the m1 trhose big lay-bys but that tight git didnt want to pay a tenner only a fiver. :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation:

Had it once parked in a layby near wisbech, when I politely told him to go away in short jerky movements he starts getting aggresive, fires up engine, selects reverse, and says you will have a job catching me after I put your engine through the bulkhead, and I will tell police it was you that didn’t stop, and ran into me, then threatened me with violence, he made a sharp exit. Doesn’t happen that often these days as the ■■■■■■ have realised that fuel is monitered closely because of cost, they just try to pinch it now. :imp: :imp: :imp:

duracell:
Had it once parked in a layby near wisbech, when I politely told him to go away in short jerky movements he starts getting aggresive, fires up engine, selects reverse, and says you will have a job catching me after I put your engine through the bulkhead, and I will tell police it was you that didn’t stop, and ran into me, then threatened me with violence, he made a sharp exit. Doesn’t happen that often these days as the ■■■■■■ have realised that fuel is monitered closely because of cost, they just try to pinch it now. :imp: :imp: :imp:

I live about 12 miles from Wisbech and know the place well, and I’d never have a night out anywhere near the place - it really is the ■■■■■ capital of England!

When I did long haul in an 18t Iveco, I was told by my boss to never lock the fuel cap. If the ■■■■■■ were that eager to get the diesel, they’d get it, one way or another. A few gallons of diesel, even 300l is still cheaper than a new fuel tank after the ■■■■■■ put 2 holes into it to drain it…

Last night at Colsterworth I was rudely awoken by some ■■■■■ type. actually I was awake talking to the mr’s about 1.00 am.

I heard some ■■■■ banging on the door and expected it to be an over zealous parking attendant. It banged again so I leant over and opened the window.

My language was not the sunday best my mum taught me :stuck_out_tongue:

Excuse me sir can you speak english? I need a drop of fuel for my van and my card wont work in the garage. Do you mind if I help myself as you are in bed and I can give you a little something.

I shouted so loud I think i scared the ■■■■ off while trying to photograph him with my mobile. I got a picture of myself instead (DOH)

■■■■■■■

There’s a big ■■■■■ site in Bristol/Avonmouth. A few years back they would nick the diesel out of several trucks parked in Avonmouth every single night. Said trucks were parked on Avonmouth way which has that bunch of morons doing the security. They had a big sign saying “X crimes prevented since buttmuncher Security took over”. I asked their MD where the sign for “100000 crimes commited since…”
He didn’t like that.

Anyway, while some were nicking diesel, others were doing cars over. I had 2 cars and my diesel tanks done in the space of 8 weeks. I was not a happy camper and made my views known to a couple of the scrotes from the site.
I also sat in wait for hours with a ball bat ready to show them the error of their ways. The ■■■■ from the security firm knew I would be there, I had told him so and that he should ignore me. What does he do? Shouts out a greeting to me after his third drivepast. I went home and the following night they had a go at my tanks. The security man told me he saw them and they ran away. he reckoned he couldn’t catch them, even though they were carrying 20 gallons of diesel between 2 of them.

■■■■■■ are the scum of the earth. I always feel that they would be worth buying a gallon of petrol and a box of matches for.

When I had a Swiss truck I was approached by ■■■■■■ with the transit pick-up with the North Sea oil platform on the back. They didn`t even offer dosh,only wanted a couple of gallons. In those days Swiss trucks used to carry 2 five gallon gerry cans of deisel on the side. I offered them 5 gallons at slightly over pump price. It was wonderful to see their faces. First they had assumed they could blag a foreigner & second they had no excuse to dip my tank. Why do ■■■■■■ have so many muscles…? Are they really from another planet…? Or do they think we are ? :laughing:

i’ve seen this scam a few times too, but the last time was a jct9 truckstop(M1). What gets me is that drivers were still falling for it even though the toe rags were doing it to 2 or 3 trucks at a time in broad daylight :bulb: But whats worse and yes i’m guilty of this too :blush: is that not one person , driver or staff , had the nuts to tell them to … off. The theat of violence is never far from these scum ,but 5/6 ■■■■■■… in a park FULL of drivers. One day maybe we’ll stand together eh :question: :question:

Well there’s alot of gullible people out there and i’m glad you lot seen through them eventually. Keep your eye out for anyone in black and white striped tee shirts with masks and loot bags as well, word on the street is they are robbers as well.

I think people are scared of these scrotes. Its another example of PC gone mad in the UK . They are virtually untouchable by the law. Just like Bin Ladens disciples that have surfaced recently. If only we could turn them on each other. Terrorists hi-jacking caravans & ■■■■■■ siphoning the the liquid bomb making gear…? :laughing:

They are hated even in Ireland! Wonder why they come to the UK and dont stay in Ireland then ?

Did you know Rooneys family were from a travelling family , shall we say!

harry:
I think people are scared of these scrotes.

You only have to say one word Harry…“no”. Not “sorry i can’t”, “i would if i could but the boss checks” etc., just plain unemotional…“no”.

Mike. I look at them as tho they are mad!!
routier They made new laws in the Republic that booted them out of their enclaves , so being EEC members they came here for the soft pickings.
Don`t blame the riff-raff ,blame our spineless politicians. They are so afraid of the racist word that they have paralyzed our police force.

harry:
Mike. I look at them as tho they are mad!!
routier They made new laws in the Republic that booted them out of their enclaves , so being EEC members they came here for the soft pickings.
Don`t blame the riff-raff ,blame our spineless politicians. They are so afraid of the racist word that they have paralyzed our police force.

What new laws Harry, because as far as i know anyone from Ireland could come and go as they please here. I actually lived and worked there about 20yrs ago, nothing has changed since then?

I think that recently ( In the last few years ) the Irish passed a law whereby it was illigal to set up camp on a grass verge ,etc.
Here it is Mike.
rte.ie/news/2002/0328/travellers.html

When I said no, I meant it and my language was not to used in front of an elderly aunt or the vicar :stuck_out_tongue:

I can be quite assertive when I put my mind to it.

Oi. ■■■■■ I said NO