Excessive lights

All these lights are just a complete distraction for other drivers. Drivers seem fascinated by extra lights in this country. They are selfish ■■■■■

toonsy:

Adonis.:

toonsy:
Got passed by a French plate Scania today. Had about a million lights on the front so I felt like I was having an xray and on the back had so many banks of indicators etc that I felt like I was in a tanning salon.

Why? It’s a tad sad. Small ■■■■■ syndrome? I don’t mind extra lights but this guy took the right royal ■■■■

And the Scania jealousy rages on. :laughing:

That’s it, we should all run around with 2 headlights and nothing more because toonsy bursts into tears when nicer lorries over take him. Why do you get so upset about someone else’s lorry, you saddo?

A.

I’m not upset and I’m sat in a Scania as I type lol I’m just wondering why there’s an urge for it? Some look nice with extra lights, some like this one are way over the top. But I guess it’s down to taste or other factors such as if it’s an owned truck etc.

Speaking of saddos… giving it the big gob with personal attacks on an internet forum. Are you 12?

+1

I’ve never quite seen the point of spotlights on the roof unless you go off road, and few of the lorries i see weighed down with the things could possibly go off road, but each to their own.

What i can’t fathom is how those with huge garish make specific neon signs behind them in the cab, (some of which you could see clearly from the orbiting space station), can possibly see out, if you switch your house lights off you can see outside clearly, same applies in the cab or am i missing summat.

I do like those large round indicators that some fit to the underside of the mirrors, remember back when lorries were sensible designs, thats where indicators and sometimes side lights were sited, bloody good place for them too, can be seen easily by everyone, see just shows drivers really liked Sed Acks after all and are aching to make their inferior lorries as good :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

each to their own, live and let live etc , but I do get annoyed when I get stuck behind a bin wagon doing 50+ along a trunk road (in the dark ) with all his " working " lights / beacons flashing away for no reason . surely the driver can see them in the mirrors ■■?

syramax:
each to their own, live and let live etc , but I do get annoyed when I get stuck behind a bin wagon doing 50+ along a trunk road (in the dark ) with all his " working " lights / beacons flashing away for no reason . surely the driver can see them in the mirrors ■■?

Of course they can see them but I think it must make them feel special because they have flashing lights. Trouble is everyone else thinks they are childish ■■■■■■
Same with recovery and wide load wagons that use their lights when empty. Special? Special needs I reckon. :unamused:

Dr Damon:

syramax:

Of course they can see them but I think it must make them feel special because they have flashing lights. Trouble is everyone else thinks they are childish [zb].
Same with recovery and wide load wagons that use their lights when empty. Special? Special needs I reckon. :unamused:

Im not special if im using the low loaders at work the rear orange working lights come on with the side marker lights.So can’t switch them off not my trailer thats the way they have been set up.

toonsy:

Adonis.:

toonsy:
Got passed by a French plate Scania today. Had about a million lights on the front so I felt like I was having an xray and on the back had so many banks of indicators etc that I felt like I was in a tanning salon.

Why? It’s a tad sad. Small ■■■■■ syndrome? I don’t mind extra lights but this guy took the right royal ■■■■

That’s it, we should all run around with 2 headlights and nothing more because toonsy bursts into tears when nicer lorries over take him. Why do you get so upset about someone else’s lorry, you saddo?

A.

I’m not upset and I’m sat in a Scania as I type lol I’m just wondering why there’s an urge for it? Some look nice with extra lights, some like this one are way over the top. But I guess it’s down to taste or other factors such as if it’s an owned truck etc.

Speaking of saddos… giving it the big gob with personal attacks on an internet forum. Are you 12?

What’s it got to do with you what anyone else does with their truck? Maybe it’s way over the top to you, I imagine the driver likes it. Maybe it’s the being overtaken that’s got your wee knickers in a bunch.

Italians have a thing for chrome, I think it looks horrendous, I don’t sit and wonder what the urge is for it or if it’s necessary, why not, because it’s nothing to do with me and doesn’t affect me in the slightest.

I’m old enough to not be so upset by another lorry that I need to whinge on an internet forum about it. If you think that’s a personal attack then you’re clearly the type of simpering princess that would get all teary eyed over a random truck with lights.

A.

Adonis.:

toonsy:

Adonis.:

toonsy:

A.

What’s it got to do with you what anyone else does with their truck? Maybe it’s way over the top to you, I imagine the driver likes it. Maybe it’s the being overtaken that’s got your wee knickers in a bunch.

Italians have a thing for chrome, I think it looks horrendous, I don’t sit and wonder what the urge is for it or if it’s necessary, why not, because it’s nothing to do with me and doesn’t affect me in the slightest.

I’m old enough to not be so upset by another lorry that I need to whinge on an internet forum about it. If you think that’s a personal attack then you’re clearly the type of simpering princess that would get all teary eyed over a random truck with lights.

A.

I see you are throwing the “JEALOUS” accusations around again.
It may surprise you that most grown ups have an opinion that differs from you regarding covering a truck in fairy lights and thinking it’s cool, I bet you love this time of year, Coca Cola truck advert on the telly, you with sky+, rewinding it, pause on the best bit and knocking one out, it’s not just the “holidays” that are coming in your house x

Personally I like the over-decorated lorries. It’s a bit of fun, and a such its a little bit of positivity, to counteract the negative media-promoted public image of the ‘juggernaut’ kitten-squashing, nun-flattening, bicycle mangling menace.

Adonis.:

toonsy:

Adonis.:

toonsy:

A.

A.

I’m limited to 52mph so most things overtake me :laughing:

Have I said I was upset about it? Nope. I just wondered what the point is really. You know, posting thoughts about trucks on an internet forum… about trucks… :open_mouth:

theres a few european folk that like a bit of tat on their trucks…obviously they are all in completely bad taste.
i bet they wish they were all looking over a bridge on the m6 watching all the basic fleet spec pishmobiles trunking up and down all day…they just dont know what they are missing.
youtube.com/watch?v=3b2xuUpACWs

save your pennies and go to assen next year if you want to go to a proper show.
it makes peterborough and all the uk rest look like walking about lymm at the weekend.

Back in the middle ages when I drove trucks I did a lot of night work running from a Derbyshire quarry to Motorway surfacing jobs etc. A lot of narrow-ish twisty roads to negotiate on route and Tarmac used to send trucks from Shrewsbury to help out and these had a multitude of lights across the cab roof, when you met them they would give a flash and for a second or so I was blinded! :open_mouth: No need for it really, I always managed with what the maker supplied apart from a coulple of spot lights set into the bumper which were useful as Foden headlights were not the best in the universe!

Pete.

I dont mind some extra lights. Why is it always Scania drivers that take it too far though? Its like a desperate need to be noticed. Thats when it reaches Saddo stage.Nobody is impressed other than Saddos and young kids. Perhaps its the kids they want to impress?

Each to their own, it’s only personal opinion on what looks tacky and what is tasteful anyway.

Some trucks look they are from Close Encounters Of The Third Kind - they must have alternators the size of dustbins. And take days to wire up :open_mouth:

Hycus:
I see you are throwing the “JEALOUS” accusations around again.
It may surprise you that most grown ups have an opinion that differs from you regarding covering a truck in fairy lights and thinking it’s cool, I bet you love this time of year, Coca Cola truck advert on the telly, you with sky+, rewinding it, pause on the best bit and knocking one out, it’s not just the “holidays” that are coming in your house x

Cheers for that one, dits.

Looks like toonsy has himself a knight in shining armour to hammer out angry replies for him. :laughing:

A.

CraigM:
I dont mind some extra lights. Why is it always Scania drivers that take it too far though? Its like a desperate need to be noticed. Thats when it reaches Saddo stage.Nobody is impressed other than Saddos and young kids. Perhaps its the kids they want to impress?

Pipe down, van boy.

A.

I have extra lights, also frilly curtains, and one of them illuminated names on the back wall, that’s because I LIKE IT, i drive the same truck every day, and take a bit of pride in said truck, I’m not a trolley plopper, who has a different seat every day, and walks around yards with his little hand bag on wheels,. Trying to find his next seat to abuse for the day, at 51.5mph, carefull, don’t brake to hard your halo might slip into the red.

biggriffin:
I have extra lights, also frilly curtains, and one of them illuminated names on the back wall, that’s because I LIKE IT, i drive the same truck every day, and take a bit of pride in said truck, I’m not a trolley plopper, who has a different seat every day, and walks around yards with his little hand bag on wheels,. Trying to find his next seat to abuse for the day, at 51.5mph, carefull, don’t brake to hard your halo might slip into the red.

Same here, low light bar with four spots, also alcoas as they save weight and look the dogs, side deflectors and stainless Eminox stack for the team of 700 stallions to bellow through… :smiley:

AndrewG:

biggriffin:

Same here, low light bar with four spots, also alcoas as they save weight and look the dogs, side deflectors and stainless Eminox stack for the team of 700 stallions to bellow through… :smiley:

Only got 500, donkeys but it’s enough to pass a plobber, and wake em up with a blast of the billy big wheels horns. Wooooshh