Ex Rugby Cement Drivers

Hi, Re. Hunter. IF I manage to make contact I will point him in your direction. He was fairly active on here 18 mnths 2 years ago but seems to have dissappeared, maybe a woman after him.

Hi, Pat Hasler, Not quite the ex Rugby Cement topic but I would be interested to hear your views on trucking both sides of the pond. I have only ever worked on UK haulage and I am too near retirement now to do otherwise, but I do like to hear about and compare the two sides of the story. I have worked with men who have been there and done the job US style, but what intrigues me is the fact that they came back to the UK. Personally not a fan of Yank trucks ( sleeper cab arrangements excluded ) I appreciate there is a place for them, and a UK industrial estate or a farm down a Cornish lane doesnt come in that category. As said earlier if you have the time to communicate, Iwould be interested to read about it. Regards, Bassman

Can anyone tell me if Mo(Topgun) off Stobarts is some one I knew as Spike ( Hunter ) ex Rugby Cement Southam Night driver. Does any other ex Rugby driver want to contact a ex Rugby Cement driver who was at Ferriby. If so put a reply on for the Bassman, ex night driver out of Ferriby.

Do you know Glen McBirnie of Rugby? Glen is a friend of mine and spent years at Rugby Cement.
In fact he wrote a book about it.
Alex

Re. Ex Rugby Cement Drivers
Hi, Yes i do know Glen McBirnie, we speak on the phone often (sometimes it,s difficult to stop) and meet occassionally. For all things orange and with Rugby Cement on them ,Glen is your man.

It would seem that Mo ( Topgun ) has retired or emigrated, it,s a pity cos I would have liked to talk to him about Rugby Cement days-----Or more appropriately, nights. If he is who I think he is. C,mon Mo, where are you?

Hunter (Real name ‘Maurice’) was a really good friend of mine when he worked for Rugby cement. I was on the M5 near Evesham one night and had a front wheel blow out, Hunter got me a take away mug of tea, a mars bar and the biggest cigar I ever saw, stopped on the opposite side of the motorway and walked across all 6 lanes to give them to me :laughing:
After Rugby cement he drove for Maxi transport (White FL10’s with white trailers). We had quite a few weekend get togethers after that, then lost touch after the end of my first marriage, I wish I knew what became of him, he was a very good mate.

Hi, I remember Hunter ( Spike as I knew him ) being at Maxi. I believe , but may be wrong , that he had a bit of tacho trouble there. Have not had any contact with him since Rugby finished with their own account fleet. Certainly from memory a “bit of a character”. Contacts inform me he is with Stobart,s working out of Crick, I keep looking when I,m in that area but not successful so far. Regards, Bassman

Bassman:
Hi, I remember Hunter ( Spike as I knew him ) being at Maxi. I believe , but may be wrong , that he had a bit of tacho trouble there. Have not had any contact with him since Rugby finished with their own account fleet. Certainly from memory a “bit of a character”. Contacts inform me he is with Stobart,s working out of Crick, I keep looking when I,m in that area but not successful so far. Regards, Bassman

If you ever find him, get him on here. I’d love to get back in touch with him.
thanks mate.