EV Cargo again

news.sky.com/story/asda-and-sai … e-12413829

I can’t keep up with all the changes. So what happened to NFT then? I thought they became CML Fulfilment or something? Flat roof FHs? Never heard of EVCL. Is that Downton’s new name? :confused: :confused: :confused: Isn’t CML under the Muller / Culina umbrella? :confused: :confused:

Good thing about having wealthy customers. They will ensure it doesnt impact them in the slightest even if they have to prop the company up for a bit until they find a new supplier.

Probably a good example of someone who just couldn’t keep up with the new going rates for drivers.

DCPCFML:
I can’t keep up with all the changes. So what happened to NFT then? I thought they became CML Fulfilment or something? Flat roof FHs? Never heard of EVCL. Is that Downton’s new name? :confused: :confused: :confused: Isn’t CML under the Muller / Culina umbrella? :confused: :confused:

Yes EV Cargo took over Downtons!!

Markk80:
Asda and Sainsbury's chilled foods distributor on brink of collapse | Business News | Sky News

Surely…the exact same work needs to be done by someone. So the jobs will still exist in some form. Just under a different owner. So why are Sky news focusing on job losses in the story?

Obviously it’s a worrying time for those involved, but hopefully soon resolved?

DCPCFML:

CML come under Culina now like most of everything :laughing:

EV Cargo bought NFT, Downtons, Palletforce etc.

Culina! What’s happening with them? I reckon they’ll be buying Stobarts next the way they’re going.

ezydriver:
Culina! What’s happening with them? I reckon they’ll be buying Stobarts next the way they’re going.

They have…

mkb600:

ezydriver:

They have…

Beat me to it…

I’ve seen a couple of Culina liveried Stobarts already

Tough old game that chilled groupage lark, only “Corby Chilled” seemed to make it work, and he saw the light and sold up

These supermarket customers seem to enjoy squeezing the pips, then scream their heads off when the contractor falls over :unamused:

EV Cargo are just washing their hands of it as quickly as possible, a lot of the staff/drivers will be re-deployed elsewhere in the organisation if they are any good :wink:

As soon as the new chief executive quit after 2 months in the job i knew something was up.NFT are just mismanaged.If Culina were to buy it .The changes would be good .

WheelsofCardiff:
As soon as the new chief executive quit after 2 months in the job i knew something was up.NFT are just mismanaged.If Culina were to buy it .The changes would be good .

Michael Conroy could`nt handle the jump up, even after 13 years @ Palletforce as Chief Exec, the pressure must be immense running this monster, with Heath Zarin on your back everyday :open_mouth:

Culina are going to have spare resources in the new year when they lose the “Mars” contract, so that may be an option, but I`m not sure they will be any better at it, once they achieve critical mass, they lose the plot, they all do :confused:

DCPCFML:

Christ knows i never saw this company running into asda??

drover:

DCPCFML:

Confusing.
Does anyone have some pics of these “EVCL” trucks with trailers ? Do they even have a livery? :confused:

Only one I can find is this. Never seen these on the road myself, only the curtain-sider ones. Must be a small outfit.

DCPCFML:
Only one I can find is this. Never seen these on the road myself, only the curtain-sider ones. Must be a small outfit.

They are about, but a lot of their kit is just plain white reefers, with the accompanying white flat roof Volvo`s & rental Renaults…

Perhaps it was the rebranding decal estimate that sent them over the edge ? :open_mouth:

drover:

DCPCFML:

Asda CDC in Rochdale’s run by Wincanton but NFT/EV/EVCL (or whatever they’re called) has/had trucks based there.

DCPCFML:

drover:

DCPCFML:

Confusing.
Does anyone have some pics of these “EVCL” trucks with trailers ? Do they even have a livery? :confused:

They’ve got a lot of plain white stuff and also anything running around still in NFT livery is also them. They’ve got a number of sites throughout the UK including a big one in DIRFT.

On that note, when I drove past it after finishing work just there were lots of people outside with hi viz and bodycams so theyve either upgraded their security many fold or something is going/has gone on very recently.

Also the gas place at DiRFT were sending their trucks away and not letting them fill up.

toonsy:

DCPCFML:

drover:

DCPCFML:

Also the gas place at DiRFT were sending their trucks away and not letting them fill up.

This is always the sign of impending doom getting refused fuel :blush: