EUROPEAN WORK?????

I didn’t say they employed them, every curries trailer I see on the continent is pulled by either an LT or EST plated truck but you seem to know I’m wrong so I’ll bow to your superior knowledge, lets not forget we can’t criticise eastern europeans on trucknet or orys will be on with a 40,000 word history lesson how we all owe our lives to the flipflop and sock brigade :unamused:

welshboyinspain:
I didn’t say they employed them,

Yes you did

welshboyinspain:
forget curries though as they don’t employ brits to do europe, you need to be lithuanian or estonian

welshboyinspain:
every curries trailer I see on the continent is pulled by either an LT or EST plated truck but you seem to know I’m wrong so I’ll bow to your superior knowledge,

Good, I quite like the idea of a bit of sycophancy :laughing:
That first bit is correct, most of the Curries trailers you’ll see on the continent are pulled by Eastern Europeans. But seeing as your going to bow to my superior knowledge, get bowing.
You have knowledge of your own local hauliers, I have knowledge of mine.

welshboyinspain:
lets not forget we can’t criticise eastern europeans on trucknet or orys will be on with a 40,000 word history lesson how we all owe our lives to the flipflop and sock brigade :unamused:

A completely seperate argument all together.

Simon:

welshboyinspain:

Yes you did

welshboyinspain:
forget curries though as they don’t employ brits to do europe, you need to be lithuanian or estonian

welshboyinspain:
every curries trailer I see on the continent is pulled by either an LT or EST plated truck but you seem to know I’m wrong so I’ll bow to your superior knowledge,

That first bit is correct, most of the Curries trailers you’ll see on the continent are pulled by Eastern Europeans. But seeing as your going to bow to my superior knowledge, get bowing.

welshboyinspain:
lets not forget we can’t criticise eastern europeans on trucknet or orys will be on with a 40,000 word history lesson how we all owe our lives to the flipflop and sock brigade :unamused:

the OP was asking for driving jobs and I stated that curries don’t employ brits, agreed but thats because he employs EE operators and as the OP is a wet behind the ears ex squaddy he’s not going to be able to compete with them.
how are EE’s local to me? :confused: just because curries are local to you doesn’t mean you know more about them than anybody else does it? oh i forgot you have superior knowledge, as for a seperate argument well i don’t think it is, somebody wants euro work and he’s not going to stand a chance as long as there are hundreds of thousands of plastic russians working for ■■■■ money

welshboyinspain:

Simon:

welshboyinspain:

Yes you did

welshboyinspain:

welshboyinspain:

welshboyinspain:

the OP was asking for driving jobs and I stated that curries don’t employ brits, agreed but thats because he employs EE operators and as the OP is a wet behind the ears ex squaddy he’s not going to be able to compete with them.
how are EE’s local to me? :confused: just because curries are local to you doesn’t mean you know more about them than anybody else does it? oh i forgot you have superior knowledge, as for a seperate argument well i don’t think it is, somebody wants euro work and he’s not going to stand a chance as long as there are hundreds of thousands of plastic russians working for [zb] money

oh FFS :unamused:
Where did I say you had superior knowledge of EEs ?

I did say you had knowledge of your local hauliers.
Your handle is welshboyinspain, I therefore assumed you lived in Spain. And going by the way you give every appearance of being all knowing about Spanish hauliers, second only to Vasco, I took it that Spain was your local area.
Perhaps I was mistaken and you live somewhere in EE.

Nor did I claim to know more about Curries than anyone else.
Curries are however local to me and involved in similar work. I used to see their employed British drivers quite often for a chat. I therefore probably have more knowledge of them than you. You wouldn’t know any of that though, because every one of their trailers you see is pulled by an Eastern European, so you’re unlikely to chat with them.

The OP was asking for driving jobs and you stated that Curries don’t employ brits, You are wrong, they do. Not very many and they are unlikely to employ any more, so the OP will be wasting time asking Curries for a European driving job… Your statement is still wrong though.

You are now changing your argument about Orys’s history lessons to what your argument should have been in the first place.
That is that European driving work for Western Europeans has been flooded by an influx of cheap Eastern European labour. Orys has attempted to explain all the ins and outs of exactly why it’s happened, from his perspective.

Hopefully you can see where I’ve repeated your own stuff back to you, so you won’t argue against yourself.
I live in hope.

Im sure Ive seen an advert by curries for euro drivers out of warrington in the last 6 months, I may be wrong though.

Antonio88,dont take it personaly mate,why would anyone tell you of any euro work going when they are all looking like you are,the best way is to load your car/van/camper/caravan up with all your night out gear,along with two warning triangles for break downs,you place one in front of the truck,one behind or get a fine.
You drive around and knock on doors,if a driver was on sick or left that day,they may ship you out that day too.Do you have a NHS medical card for free or cheaper hospital care costs while over there.If you wear glasses,you will need a spare pair,that is a fine too.without two pairs.
Get some battery cables to jump start the truck,in the winter the batteries run out of juice with all the phone charger/computer/sat nav/kettle/microwave/radio/night heater all going off.
Will you like being stuck in the middle of nowwhere,with nobody to talk to except the livestock in the field next to your truck,will you like the food,and know what to order,find a decent place to eat,know all the truck bans on public holidays,they ban you the night before the holiday starts,so planning is crucial,if you are delayed,dont expect to get home for the meal your wife has cooked you,and the theatre ticket she got too.

And dont forget the last 28 days tachos,if no records,you will need an activity attestation form that you down load from the tinterweb,and do not hand write on it,except your signature.Some driver on trucknet has been fined in France at the Rungis market for such a thing of record keeping on his weekends off,and was accused of being active on his time off,there was no proof otherwise,the fine was nearly 3000 euros.
Blank CMR forms,and all the truck paperwork,they DO NOT accept any photocopies in europe,as they assume they are forged.If you do get a fine,is there enough funds on the credit card to bail you out,they will stop the trucks at a control in the middle of nowhere,it will be too far to walk to a town or a bank to get money out,and it is cash payment only.

and most randomly a downtons tanker thingy in spain??

They regularly load ink in Spain back up to holland. I know the guys on it

scaniav8power:
and most randomly a downtons tanker thingy in spain??

They regularly load ink in Spain back up to holland. I know the guys on it

ink or milk?

Ink mate

I got it slightly wrong though they tip ink there not load it sorry

toby1234abc:
there enough funds on the credit card to bail you out,they will stop the trucks at a control in the middle of nowhere,it will be too far to walk to a town or a bank to get money out,and it is cash payment only.

Hmmm another piece of rubbish trying to fill u with horror stories…All central europe coppers have facilities in their vehicles to accept payment via bank or credit card…GDR, FR,IT,SP ETC. I got a pull for overtaking on the Brenner coming into Austria from Italy and they had the facilities in the van to take payment via Card…Pity the card account I had was empty so they had to let me go :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

bigsidney:

toby1234abc:
there enough funds on the credit card to bail you out,they will stop the trucks at a control in the middle of nowhere,it will be too far to walk to a town or a bank to get money out,and it is cash payment only.

Hmmm another piece of rubbish trying to fill u with horror stories…All central europe coppers have facilities in their vehicles to accept payment via bank or credit card…GDR, FR,IT,SP ETC. I got a pull for overtaking on the Brenner coming into Austria from Italy and they had the facilities in the van to take payment via Card…Pity the card account I had was empty so they had to let me go :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Bit of a fib there all central european coppers don’t have card payment facilities at all.

Ben9:
Bit of a fib there all central european coppers don’t have card payment facilities at all.

Totally agree, also there is no way the Austrians would allow you to go without paying a fine just because you had no funds available. The vehicle would be parked up end of.

Ben9:

bigsidney:

toby1234abc:

Indeed. I’ve been stopped in Germany and they took me to a cash machine in the van and Italy certainly doesn’t have machines, I’ve been stopped there more times than I care to remember.

German police DO have machines in their cars FACT. Ihad a 100.00 euro fine because I was too close to the truck in front. I have the receipt to prove it. And a sulking Mrs, because it was her last shopping money! :open_mouth:

bigvern1:
German police DO have machines in their cars FACT. Ihad a 100.00 euro fine because I was too close to the truck in front. I have the receipt to prove it. And a sulking Mrs, because it was her last shopping money! :open_mouth:

German Police and all Central European Coppers is not quite the same though is it.

I have been taken to a cash machine by Dutch, French and Belgian police, the advantage of Belgium is that not many cash machines accept UK cards, so I have been let off with a fine. I was taken to a hotel to draw money in Spain :frowning:

bigsidney:
All central europe coppers have facilities in their vehicles to accept payment via bank or credit card…GDR, FR,IT,SP ETC

the gendarmes don’t have facilities to accept card payments, I lost my patience on the forest road recently at doing 70 so got caught overtaking and they gave me a map of the nearest cashpoints to withdraw money and report to their station near the bayonne turn off. to make sure i appeared they took the vehicle documents and CMR.

bigvern1:

Well I’d argue that certainly not all of them do in my experience