EUROPEAN WORK?????

Hey guys, just wondering which comapnies are actually still travelling out to Europe from this country at the moment. Can anybody help me? :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

:unamused: Vague post is vague.

Sorry mate. Im looking for a company who would travel out to France, Belgium, Spain etc. I have just left the army and want to get back on the road as soon as possible.

Vague post is just as vague as first one. Perhaps you should put yourself in the reader’s shoes. Bloke wants European work but doesn’t state where in the country he is or where he is prepared to travel to. This is not some tin pot island where there are only half a dozen companies doing Euro work either, there are thousands of them (not surprisingly) so asking “who is doing Euro work” is like asking how long is a piece of string. :unamused:

Have a read of the above thread.Might give you some ideas to be getting on with.Good luck.

Ok my apologies as I am new to transport. I live in The North East of England and I would be prepared to travel anywhere around Europe. Do you happen to know any seafood hauliers or suchlike?

Scott Trawlers?

Cheers Mate. Does anybody know any European firms in Scotland apart from Currie?

Rob K:
Vague post is just as vague as first one. Perhaps you should put yourself in the reader’s shoes. Bloke wants European work but doesn’t state where in the country he is or where he is prepared to travel to. This is not some tin pot island where there are only half a dozen companies doing Euro work either, there are thousands of them (not surprisingly) so asking “who is doing Euro work” is like asking how long is a piece of string. :unamused:

Good luck in finding ‘thousands’ of companies in the UK running out to Europe.

switchlogic:

Rob K:

OK slight exaggeration, but there are more than one could possibly list here that’s for sure.

Rob K:

switchlogic:

Rob K:

OK slight exaggeration, but there are more than one could possibly list here that’s for sure.

In all honesty I’m not sure there is. In reality there is only a handful of companies that send trucks to Europe week in week out these days.

Ones i have seen regular are stobarts, sk logistics, chambers and cook, tdw (i think there called that) and most randomly a downtons tanker thingy in spain??
nidd transport up your way used to go over abit, not sure if they still do mind. And mayb even try nedexco, not sure what there like to work for but i know they take on brit drivers.

give um a try pal, if no joy jus keep searching… and good luck.

J D Riby in Hull (or whatever they are called now, eurovision I think).
Have you got any commercial experience of european work? If not you may struggle to get anything as there are loads of people that have lots of experience and cant get starts purely because there are too many jockeys for the saddles these days.
Luke is correct in saying there are only a handfull who ship out on a regular basis these days sadly.

Antonio88:
Ok my apologies as I am new to transport. I live in The North East of England and I would be prepared to travel anywhere around Europe. Do you happen to know any seafood hauliers or suchlike?

don’t take this the wrong way but you say you’ve just left the army and you’re new to transport and you want somebody to give you a job doing europe probably on the seafood, well thats a bit like trying to run before you can walk. I’m not saying your not capable but there are plenty of experienced drivers who can’t get a job on that type of stuff maybe try a company close to you to get a bit of experience first?
rob k might have exagerated on the numbers doing europe but there are plenty that still do it, forget curries though as they don’t employ brits to do europe, you need to be lithuanian or estonian

Harry Monk:
Scott Trawlers?

They just paid off 6 drivers and laid the trucks up.

scottie0011:

Harry Monk:
Scott Trawlers?

that’s a shame, used to see them doing the fish markets in spain, seemed to be a nice bunch of lads

Hello I’ve heard that Katem at Spennymoor do France, I work at WSS agency in Sunderland, they asked me a couple of times to do this run, doubly manned, also there is a company at Houghton le string Ind Est, not sure of name, that want euro drivers they are paying £500 per week take home

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.001891,-1.675345

try curries ,
my brother in law has worked for them for the last 2years on the continental side of the firm at the warrington depot
he says its steady
the only down side is you have to cab hop until new trucks arrive.
he cab hopped for a month.

welshboyinspain:

Antonio88:

don’t take this the wrong way but you say you’ve just left the army and you’re new to transport and you want somebody to give you a job doing europe probably on the seafood, well thats a bit like trying to run before you can walk. I’m not saying your not capable but there are plenty of experienced drivers who can’t get a job on that type of stuff maybe try a company close to you to get a bit of experience first?
rob k might have exagerated on the numbers doing europe but there are plenty that still do it, forget curries though as they don’t employ brits to do europe, you need to be lithuanian or estonian

You’re wrong there.
They don’t employ anyone to do Europe, apart from 6 old hands too expensive to lay off (or so I’ve been led to understand)…
Everything is else pulled by subbies

scottie0011:

Harry Monk:
Scott Trawlers?

I dont think Harry was actually suggesting he tried them for a job :laughing: :laughing: