europe or uk ?

chilistrucker:

Harry Monk:

switchlogic:
Nope! I spend it all! Not really got any desire to ever owna house to be honest.

Fair play, this obsession with “getting on the property ladder” is a bit like Dutch tulip mania, why do people sell themselves into a lifetime of slavery to some bank?

same here, i’ve never understood it?
watched my mum and dad slog there guts out for years, then in the 80’s, when i was still at school, and the whole big crash happened, interest rates went nuts, dad couldn’t keep up, work slackened, and they lost everything they ever worked for, not nice to see :frowning:

The sad thing is that this is all about to happen again, there are millions of people who have borrowed six or eight or ten times their income to get a mortgage and who are stretched to the absolute maximum as it is, what with VAT and fuel prices. When interest rates go up- and there is only one way they can go- then they are facing disaster.

Harry Monk’s philosophy has always been “What you don’t owe, can’t worry you”.

bald bloke:
I would love to work and live in canada but my misses would neverm leave England cos of her parents , brother, sister etc.

Have you thought about a hitman? :smiling_imp:

your right, and today i hear on the radio that the bank bosses are trying to convince the goverment, that, the banking elite should get their big bonuses, hmmm!!!
i know people must be daft, to borrow the maximum they can pay back, (till vat, fuel and interest rose that is) but whos at fault here really, them, or the lenders, that encourage them in the 1st place.

i think i’ll revert back to my savings plan, of cash under the mattress, probably safest there.

welshboyinspain:
you def need the doctors, happily married with kids, 3 days off after 5 working, no nights out and happy with your job?
why would anyone want to be away from home more?
i do it as a job but would love to be home just doesn’t pay as good.
get a driving holiday around europe and make do with that :laughing: :laughing:

Exactly what he say’s i’d kill for a job like yours sounds like heaven :open_mouth:

Well I’ve finished doing europe. Start a new job Monday home every weekend and sometimes during the week and very good money. Also been offered a job today back on euro work but turned it down because I’m fed up of missing my son growing up and missing the wife and my big comfy bed and my cable tv and going out with my mates etc etc.

That’s it thrashed it with the missus and the euro job will remain a distant dream, thanks to you all for your wisdom and wit on the matter tho.

Big Jon’s dad:

bald bloke:
I would love to work and live in canada but my misses would neverm leave England cos of her parents , brother, sister etc.

Have you thought about a hitman? :smiling_imp:

She’d probably turn him on me first!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: