europe or uk ?

Keep up the good advice I will be sleeping on this one for a while I think.

The Euro work is far more relaxing. Most, and I stress MOST drivers, have different attitudes over the water.
No ■■■■■■ hand signals, V -signs etc…
I hate driving over here in the UK. Can’t wait for the next trip! :wink:
Do what you want, and best of luck. :smiley:

Difficult question.If this Euro thing is gnawing away,I suppose you’ll have to do it.But as has been said,later rather than sooner.IF you could get a start with a good outfit(not many around with vacancies),would you be able to get your old job back if you really didn’t like the work? You might take to it like a fish to water-how would your family feel? I think this is up to you and your family.

Thetaff:

switchlogic:
My view is ignore what people tell you and go with your gut. If I’d listened to other drivers I’d have never taken up Virginia on their job offer and therefore missed out on my dream job. Only you know what’s right for you.

Hey Luke do you remember a guy on for your firm who goes by the name of everton■■?

No afraid not, but then I’m not the most sociable of chaps!

switchlogic:

Thetaff:

switchlogic:
My view is ignore what people tell you and go with your gut. If I’d listened to other drivers I’d have never taken up Virginia on their job offer and therefore missed out on my dream job. Only you know what’s right for you.

Hey Luke do you remember a guy on for your firm who goes by the name of everton■■?

Shame that,as he’s a nice guy who used to work for your guys.Said its the best job he’s ever had apart from not being home.

how strong is your marriage? take that into account because she is so used to you being home etc

Thetaff:

switchlogic:

Thetaff:

switchlogic:

Shame that,as he’s a nice guy who used to work for your guys.Said its the best job he’s ever had apart from not being home.

Well we’d have got on then since I also think it’s a great job. But I live in my truck so have no home to go to so even better!

switchlogic:

Thetaff:

switchlogic:

Thetaff:

switchlogic:

Well we’d have got on then since I also think it’s a great job. But I live in my truck so have no home to go to so even better!

you for real switch? you live in a truck day in and day out? if it is true, good on you. I bet it saves paying Tax’s for nothing lol

Yep, 5 years since I lived in a house this summer. I can count on one hand the amount of times I sleep in a building in an average year!

if ya can get a job doing euro go for it you only get one crack at life make the most of it,i wish i could find a euro driving job again but most brit firms want ya away for a fortnight minimum and i want home at weekends.

switchlogic:
Yep, 5 years since I lived in a house this summer. I can count on one hand the amount of times I sleep in a building in an average year!

I bet your saving up to by a nice big mansion with the money your saving switch :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Nope! I spend it all! Not really got any desire to ever owna house to be honest.

Can I ask here, What about Canada or America for driving jobs??

I know I only have my Class 2 (at the moment, still hoping to get C+E one day soon), I’ve always wanted to emigrate there, and the way this country’s going, the urge is just getting stronger. :cry:

We’re nearly at the point where we can’t even afford to go to work never mind live! :imp:
So really just weighing up any other options before we’re too old to do anything except suffer…

I would love to work and live in canada but my misses would neverm leave England cos of her parents , brother, sister etc.

bald bloke:
I would love to work and live in canada but my misses would neverm leave England cos of her parents , brother, sister etc.

Ditto here… :cry: :cry: :cry:

She’s close to her family, I’M NOT!

Where can I get info, just to really have a good look on what it’s like over there?? I’ve done serches in the past, but I want to look past the ‘glam’ of some advertising sites that search engines throw up.

Goldfinger:

bald bloke:

Ditto here… :cry: :cry: :cry:

She’s close to her family, I’M NOT!

Where can I get info, just to really have a good look on what it’s like over there?? I’ve done serches in the past, but I want to look past the ‘glam’ of some advertising sites that search engines throw up.

Look at the expat section on here and you will find plenty of info on Canada.

Cheers! :wink:

Am off to look and live in hope…

switchlogic:
Nope! I spend it all! Not really got any desire to ever owna house to be honest.

Fair play, this obsession with “getting on the property ladder” is a bit like Dutch tulip mania, why do people sell themselves into a lifetime of slavery to some bank?

Harry Monk:

switchlogic:

Fair play, this obsession with “getting on the property ladder” is a bit like Dutch tulip mania, why do people sell themselves into a lifetime of slavery to some bank?

same here, i’ve never understood it?
watched my mum and dad slog there guts out for years, then in the 80’s, when i was still at school, and the whole big crash happened, interest rates went nuts, dad couldn’t keep up, work slackened, and they lost everything they ever worked for, not nice to see :frowning:
always said from then on, i’d never get a mortgage over here, in great britain, (well, not so great any more.)

chilistrucker:
…in great britain, (well, not so great any more.)

Apart from a little coastal erosion it’s still pretty much as great as it always has been. :wink: