Euro2 soon to be worthless?

reading an article on the propossed new regs for entering any london borough to come into force next year where only euro 3 or 4 vehicles will be permitted and wondered what effect it will have? how many haulage firms of any size could say they’ll never enter a london borough? not many i’d have thought but should local government (or ken livingston) be in a position to overule the laws of the land by stating that a wagon which is 100% legal and still warrants a reduced road tax license on any uk road is not suitable for it’s own streets?
it does go on to say that a daily permit will be available for noncompliant vehicles but talks of a charge of £100 a chuck which to me is basically saying no noncompliant vehicles!
theres already been a rise in demand and price for euro3 wagons with operators wanting to avoid digi tacho’s and any add blue nonsense, so what price a decent euro3 next year?

The same thing happened with trucks delivering to Italy and Swiss with pre Euro trucks being forced out of use by high charges.

The London Lorry bans have never worked, customers still need their goods. I had a plate on my truck that let me go into certain London Boroughs, this was an extension of that.

James Whale for Mayor :stuck_out_tongue:

THE swiss germans, autrians all do a rebate or
cheaper rates when you have a euro4–5 engined
vehicle, and this is why you see so many new trucks
on the road due to lower costs and tax advantages
that come with it, the austrians and swiss are/have
passed(passing) a bill where non euro and euro-1/2
VEHICLES WILL not be allowed into the country or
have a very high rate of road charges leveled,

That’s the trouble with this governments carrot & stick approach to conforming with Euro legislation…

… NO CARROT

You can modify a euro2 engine so that it is euro3 compliant, by adding a catalyitic converter the one that we are loking at for our coaches is made by Eminox, they have not given us a price yet! In 2012 the minimum requirement for entering London will be Euro 4.

so why would anyone want to enter london ■■ let em starve ,keep all lorries out of the centre and let them come out the m25 to collect everything that will teach em :laughing:
by the way paul i see trussies made 800m this year , was that because you were pulling for them ■■

well one dosn’t like to blow ones own trumpet but…:smiley:
trussies are one of the old school if they don’t get their rate then they don’t do the job it’s as simple as that, perhaps a lot to do with the fact it’s run by ex drivers and not financial wizkids straight out of business school?

I wonder if the euro bods have taken the environmental cost of constantly manufacturing new lorries to replace perfectly good ones that don’t meet their requirements into account.

do you think these nutters who constantly move the goal posts actually know what a wagon looks like?

paul b:
do you think these nutters who constantly move the goal posts actually know what a wagon looks like?

It’s a big scary slow moving road blocking thing that carries goods that would be better off on the railways isn’t it! :wink:

Hi, Have just had a quote from Eminox for either Volvo FH12-420 or Scania 124-420 Euro2 to Euro 4 £4537 plus Vat and £495 to fit at Stoke depot !

Regards

JJSL

just out of interest what mpg they stating after the jobs done?

JJSL:
Hi, Have just had a quote from Eminox for either Volvo FH12-420 or Scania 124-420 Euro2 to Euro 4 £4537 plus Vat and £495 to fit at Stoke depot !

Regards

JJSL

not going to happen is it :wink:

I was quoted £1100ish for an exhaust box for my Daf 85, to keep the RPC that would save me £250ish a year, that didn’t happen either :laughing:

there is not as yet a minimum spec to enter London
what there is , is a proposal to charge for vehicles not meeting euro 3 from 2008 and euro 4 from 2012 something like £200 go to TfL website for more details dunno link sorry

Interestingly up until 2012 Euro2 vehicles with a valid RPC will still be allowed in which is another incentive (on top of the reduced RFL) to keep the RPC up to date if you’re planning on driving your Euro2 truck in London.

Paul

the old man has 5 dafs. all euro 2. 3 of em have rpc’s. to replace all of em or upgrade em to euro 3 aint worth it. he is retiring in 3-4 years no incentive to replace em either. he will just say stuff doing london work. let em starve.

r slicker:
the old man has 5 dafs. all euro 2. 3 of em have rpc’s. to replace all of em or upgrade em to euro 3 aint worth it.

Three of his five trucks will still be able to go into London (until 2012) without any penalty then, so he doesn’t need to completely give up on work there.

Paul

according to lez paperwork only one of em can as other 2 dont qualify for some daft reason or another. will find out and post. its more complicated than my brain can stand after a night on the lash.

What’s an RPC?

We have 3 vehicles all Euro 2, and whilst I’d be happy to not enter the M25 it aint gonna happen.

8wheels:
What’s an RPC?

Reduced Pollution Certificate.