Euro2 soon to be worthless?

Oh OK Coffee thanks.

Presumably issued after spending the five grand or so for a cat.

I just noticed that the LEZ new London regs are starting off with polluting trucks. And then coaches and buses will follow that.

Has anyone seen the ■■■■■ the London Transport buses kick out.?

I think Ken has lost the plot again

8wheels:
Presumably issued after spending the five grand or so for a cat.

That is one option although many Euro2 vehicles will have had an RPC from new as it means you get cheaper road tax (500quid a year cheaper if you’re running at 44t).

My understanding is that the RPC has to be renewed each year too to ensure it is kept up to date. I’m not sure if this might entail improving the standards year on year though or whether it’s just to ensure that your emissions haven’t gone up.

Paul

Repton, Where have you seen that euro 2 vehicles with a RPC can enter london without paying the £200 ■■? I went to their website and entered my mates scania registration that has a RPC and it said it was not eligable■■?

dozer:
Repton, Where have you seen that euro 2 vehicles with a RPC can enter london without paying the £200 ■■? I went to their website and entered my mates scania registration that has a RPC and it said it was not eligable■■?

This link states that “GB-registered vehicles must be fitted with devices which meet the requirements of either the Reduced Pollution Certificate (RPC) or Low Emission Certificate (LEC)”

They get the data from the DVLA database it seems, and so all I can guess is that the DVLA don’t have the right information about your Scania’s RPC. Presumably you can update it somehow, this link might help you.

Paul

I’ll try and explain what Im trying to say so here goes!!! I dont think the RPC they are describing is the same as our RPC that got us £500 off the road tax. they seem to be mentioning modifications using “traps” in the exaust system and if I am correct these cost £3000 plus??

tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/ … icate_(RPC_Approved_Devices_List.pdf

dozer:
I dont think the RPC they are describing is the same as our RPC that got us £500 off the road tax.

Hmm, you could be right. If you are then they could have picked a better term to describe it! I’ve had a quick google around and I can’t find anything to confirm either way. Perhaps you should contact them and try and clarify it?

Paul

dozer:
I’ll try and explain what Im trying to say so here goes!!! I dont think the RPC they are describing is the same as our RPC that got us £500 off the road tax. they seem to be mentioning modifications using “traps” in the exaust system and if I am correct these cost £3000 plus??

tfl.gov.uk/assets/downloads/ … icate_(RPC_Approved_Devices_List.pdf

Do old Foden’s get off the charge if they are painted green? :wink: :smiley:

Do you mean the pea green flying machine !! puts them 80 grand scanias to shame on the hills!!! :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve got nothing to shout about…my 270 tired little ponies struggle pulling up the little hill out of Yr Wyddgrug! :blush: