Euro work

To those who do Euro work from the UK, is £450 guaranteed take home per week (tax & nic paid) good, bad or about right for Euro work to Italy / Spain etc?

:confused:

Rob K:
To those who do Euro work from the UK, is £450 guaranteed take home per week (tax & nic paid) good, bad or about right for Euro work to Italy / Spain etc?

Many firms doing continental would pay less than that, some also don’t pay a night out if that night out is onboard a ferry, ie Hull - Zeebrugge. I personally would think that wage is alright going by what other people I know on Euro work are on, though I’m sure others on here will think its rubbish. Is that wage including or excluding nights out? Or is it just a basic salery that includes x amount of nights out to begin with?

robinhood_1984:

Rob K:

Many firms doing continental would pay less than that, some also don’t pay a night out if that night out is onboard a ferry, ie Hull - Zeebrugge. I personally would think that wage is alright going by what other people I know on Euro work are on, though I’m sure others on here will think its rubbish. Is that wage including or excluding nights out? Or is it just a basic salery that includes x amount of nights out to begin with?

That’s an all inclusive figure as night out’s are obviously part of the job on Euro work. The gaffer said it doesn’t matter whether you end up only doing 2 days or 6 days, he guarantee’s the same in your hand and his other driver’s have had some short weeks lately.

If thats the sort of work and lifestyle you want, then I’d definetly go for it. You can always earn more on agencies doing the sort of work you’re doing now (I think?) but at the end of the day, if the money is enough for you, and you’re happy doing it, there’s no problem.

nice wage - £450 for me!!! :open_mouth: :smiley: plus europe work will be grand for me!!! :smiley: but i m too young and not yet have a licence :blush:

Ben :wink:

The odd euro job i’ve seen advertised round here only seem to offer about £25,000 pa all in. That’s running to France & Italy with tractors and associated parts.

What about asking Penfold? I remember from his posts that he is salaried and his runs include Ireland & Luxembourg.

i know sewells pay £400 in your hand every week including nights out even if your weekended its still £400.

Having recently, last couple of weeks, done some research into this subject I would say that was about average. For six days it is poor but if you say you would get the same regarless of days worked, if it averages out to five a week it isn’t too far off the mark

The thing most people don’t realise is that euro work is a lot less streesful, better working conditions, easier drives (apart from Milan), and you’re treated like a professional - unlike in this country.
Free cups of coffee, showers all over the place, decent truckstops, no charges or aggro at MSA’s all add to a good way of life.
For me, you can stick your UK work where then sun don’t shine! :sunglasses: :laughing:

i have been talking to a few drivers who do euro work and they all seem to enjoy it and hate it if they have to spend the week in this country for the same reasons as what ian has pointed out
what is wrong with runing to milan ian one of the drivers i spoke to did that every week left early sunday morning and got back late thursday early friday i think the firm he worked for was delphic and he was based in northwich

Heard dodgy things about that outfit… :confused:
The motorway round Milan is like the road to hell on a bad day.
It’s whacky races gone wrong - it’s lack of signs - horns blaring all over the place - little Fiats nipping in and out of your blind spots…
Yeah you’re right - it 'aint that bad. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I recently applied to Richard Long and they were paying £500 a week although there were NO nights out on top what they did was paid you 5 nights out included but alower gross so you pay a lot less lax.

Rob are you wanting to go on Euro work ? surely you can earn that kind of money in this country easily?.;

i know one in middleton or how that is called with £320.- takehome in offer :laughing:

i tramp the uk, but take home around £100 a week more than our euro drivers.
they say its easier work, but only when they are avoiding major towns and cities, same as here.
the other week, i did 872km in a shift, going around birmingham and over the thelwall viaduct twice.
uk work is only as difficult as you want it to be.
sort of goes back to the old ‘what makes a good tramper’ thread.

people often ask why i dont go over the water. if im going to a foreign country, where they speak a different language, use a different currency, and puts me further away from my home and family, i want more money, not less.

I’m just reading this lot in disbelief I really thought that euro work was really well paid. A mate and I used to run to Ireland and a couple of Brits working out of Denmark that used to be on his ferry always talked about 50K plus!
I can see if it’s easier life it has it’s benifits but I’m doing 25K on class 2 mon- fri nights out paid + parking paid I’m begining to think leaving is a bad idea? :confused:

I can see if it’s easier life it has it’s benifits but I’m doing 25K on class 2 mon- fri nights out paid + parking paid

Hey Geordievin, if you do leave let me know where youre working, that sounds OK to me! :wink:

Holland & Barrett running out of Burton might be a bit of trek for you but there always looking turnover of drivers is quick could’nt tell you who half of them are, you flash somebody going the other way then you think err who was that?

geordievin:
Holland & Barrett running out of Burton might be a bit of trek for you but there always looking turnover of drivers is quick could’nt tell you who half of them are, you flash somebody going the other way then you think err who was that?

Doesn’t sound so good now does it Mal? :cry: There’s always a good reason for that. :wink:

And Geordievin, I assume the 50k figure you mentioned was a typo? Otherwise somebody’s been drinking too much diesel :unamused:

More miles in the caff etc… :laughing:

Salut, David.

Roadhog:
if im going to a foreign country, where they speak a different language, use a different currency, and puts me further away from my home and family, i want more money, not less.

Each to their own, if I was going to do UK work I would want a lot more money than doing Euro work, at least half as much again.

What bearing does the fact they speak a different language and use a differnt currency have on wages?

well rob ive told you you will do a lot less hours i mean if you go to italy or swiss you have a days running from calais anyway so 41/2 plus a 45 then another 41/2 is only 9 1/4 hours work your first day. plus look at where you have to go for your lorry then also you are looking out at setting out sunday morning getting back friday night and all though the gaffer says £450 in your hand is that with tax and ni paid or is that £450 paid to your nova.