Euro Health Insurance?

I’m wondering what your doing about health insurance when travelling around Europe, or beyond. I know the NHS have a form via your local GP but are there any other options. The only other health insurance I have seen is travel insurance via a travel agency, very expensive and constantly needs to be renewed.

Have a look HERE for the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card). You can apply for one free from this website.
It’s a credit card sized bit of plastic that you stick in your wallet and can flash if needed if it unfortunately goes pear shaped for you when in the EU.

Fot the UK the best one around is TRANS-MED
this has been going for a very long time
this should be the siteHERE; You will find they have a excellent reputation
well worth the cost…

Inselaffe:
Have a look HERE for the EHIC (European Health Insurance Card). You can apply for one free from this website.
It’s a credit card sized bit of plastic that you stick in your wallet and can flash if needed if it unfortunately goes pear shaped for you when in the EU.

Nice Inselaffe, done that, 7 days it says. Cheers.

brit pete:
Fot the UK the best one around is TRANS-MED
this has been going for a very long time
this should be the siteHERE; You will find they have a excellent reputation
well worth the cost…[/quote

What’s this one then pete? It looks like private medical, as in costa fortune.

I can only repeat what , those guys who have the insurance
told me and i was talking to guys then around 1980,s
About 12years (?)ago there was a report in a trucking mag
about a driver who got into problems in Russia,with
his truck which ened up with the driver suffering from servere
frostbite,the wagon froze and had to be towed to a workshop and warmened up so that the mechanics could work on the engine etc, the driver was flown home and a driver came out to bring the vehicle and trailer back home after delivering the goods, ask those who used it ;HE HAD TRANS:MED cover
and they paid all costs,yes it is not cheap but if you are wanting the best then you have to pay the extra costs,
this private and so costs but these costs are cheaper in the long run when you have problems and get billed say
20,ooopounds plus for recovery to the UK;