euro drivers

how many of you get stuck behind European drivers,they don’t seem to have a care in the world,particularly when they are looking for somewhere,they crawl along totally oblivious to whats behind them until they find what they are looking for,had one today crawling along in front of me at around 10mph looking for somewhere,went to pull around him and he accelerates then slows again,they are so bloody annoying

truckman020:
how many of you get stuck behind European drivers,they don’t seem to have a care in the world,particularly when they are looking for somewhere,they crawl along totally oblivious to whats behind them until they find what they are looking for,had one today crawling along in front of me at around 10mph looking for somewhere,went to pull around him and he accelerates then slows again,they are so bloody annoying

Have you ever drove in Europeland ?

Imagine yourself driving down a strange road, trying desperately to make head or tail of the signs and those far too few premises that have the number somewhere visible.
Factor in traffic, pedestrians, unfamiliar road signs lights and markings, bright sunlight or hissing rain, and addresses and postcodes nothing like what you are familiar with.

Now switch all the signs into a language you might only have the very basic grasp of, with an alphabet not necessarily like ours.

Who the heck do you ask, if you know the basics of English there’s no guarantee that the person you ask, in England that is, will have the foggiest idea what you’re talking about cos they speak less English than you.

Not so easy is it, i know one thing, the average Polish lad does his thing here a hell of a lot better than i would do in Poland.

truckman020:
crawling along in front of me at around 10mph

That’s faster than most UK trolley dollies and box jockeys do on motorways :grimacing:

Juddian:
Imagine yourself driving down a strange road, trying desperately to make head or tail of the signs and those far too few premises that have the number somewhere visible.
Factor in traffic, pedestrians, unfamiliar road signs lights and markings, bright sunlight or hissing rain, and addresses and postcodes nothing like what you are familiar with.

Now switch all the signs into a language you might only have the very basic grasp of, with an alphabet not necessarily like ours.

Who the heck do you ask, if you know the basics of English there’s no guarantee that the person you ask, in England that is, will have the foggiest idea what you’re talking about cos they speak less English than you.

Not so easy is it, i know one thing, the average Polish lad does his thing here a hell of a lot better than i would do in Poland.

This is what i was going to say ^^ but couldn’t be arrsed.

bald bloke:

truckman020:

the whole post suggests not.

I can remember in Italy following an old boy on his bike to a ‘farm’.

fairly racist post

mattecube:
fairly racist post

Have read and reread the post…cant see any mention of race or creed in there?
Or are you another of these left wingers that scream “RACIST” to stifle debate?

Where are these slow euro drivers? Every one of them I’ve seen in the M1 roadworks have been banging through on the limiter.

Fair play to euro drivers wether over here or over the water from here,foreign country language and different road signs.trying to find places when you can read road signs is bad enough .

the inference of euro drivers as I read it is slanted to those euros other than uk drivers otherwise the post would read plain " some drivers" racism is sometimes about how comments are received not as how they are delivered or sent, some might find the word golliwog as in the childrens toy from yesteryear as offensive and others would not be offended by its use.
I have no political bias in life other than to live under the blanket of freedom our forefathers of many races and creeds fought so long and hard for side by side

msgyorkie:

mattecube:
fairly racist post

Have read and reread the post…cant see any mention of race or creed in there?
Or are you another of these left wingers that scream “RACIST” to stifle debate?

+1

truckman020:

Pot calling kettle black ,
suggest you remember this post the next time you are in unfamiliar territory and looking for your destination :wink: :grimacing:

karma can be a real ■■■■■ sometimes :grimacing:

Juddian:

Have to agree. Currently on my hols in Gdansk, hired a car with no satnav and going round in circles. Been through a red traffic light and wrong way down one way street so far :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

going slow cause still ■■■■■■ from night b4

wing-nut:

Juddian:

Have to agree. Currently on my hols in Gdansk, hired a car with no satnav and going round in circles. Been through a red traffic light and wrong way down one way street so far :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That’s par for the course when holidaying with a hired car !!

Was the real complaint not that he accelerated when driver tried to go round him ?

bald bloke:

truckman020:

no ,but understand what you are saying

Juddian:

I see what you mean but had he have stopped [it was an industrial site]I would have tried to help him as I have done in the past

bald bloke:

truckman020:

Educated guess. …Never been south of Dover and/or 100 mile radius man. :unamused:
And he’s criticising a driver that has come through God knows how many countries to get here, and probably without a sat nav…classic.