Euro 2020

I’m tempted to dig out my orange shirt (my old army PE shirt), but what’s the point? E en if the Dutch team make it to the finale, they’ll either start squabbling a angst the selves, or start hoofing the opposition like a day out in Brighton in the sixties… :confused:

Britain has 1966, the Netherlands have 1988.

Football is like your cat. It’ll come home when it feels like it, and not necessarily to your home… :grimacing:

the nodding donkey:
Holland, Belgium and Italy all through undefeated with similar goal stats… the rest of the groups look like they are struggling.

Any predictions for the finale :open_mouth: :laughing:

Heart says England v Netherlands.
Head says France v Italy

we wont get to the semis on this showing, better showing than the jock game but we need our fullbacks to push a lot further up instead of all this midfield tippy tappy bllx and then passing back…

final france v belgium ,

Sorrow to ruin a perfectly good thread but football players spitting all the time and being filmed doing, no wonder they are getting the bat flu .

Who cares about spitting when you get a night like this.

Ha…defeatist! It will be some build up, and some match, but I think this is the time to beat them. If it goes to penalties though…

Tarmaceater:
Sorrow to ruin a perfectly good thread but football players spitting all the time and being filmed doing, no wonder they are getting the bat flu .

It could be worse… :stuck_out_tongue:

robroy:

the nodding donkey:
Holland, Belgium and Italy all through undefeated with similar goal stats… the rest of the groups look like they are struggling.

Any predictions for the finale :open_mouth: :laughing:

Heart says England v Netherlands.
Head says France v Italy

You’re just telling us what you Dutch Model Wife tells you to say. :grimacing:

Seriously, an England-Netherlands finale would be great. Two big underdogs … usually punching above their weight until it really matters… both living on past glories… (sorry, glory…)… and both known to be happy to get physical on the pitch :sunglasses:

I’m looking forward to that.

Funny video there Harry, you can’t beat a bit of protein from the bogey’s and I knew the crack sniff test would later appear in the video and the Smegma test.

I’m feeling ok about the match with Germany,.watching them last night it looked as if they had no plan and it was just a free for all with the German side.
They were shooting relentlessly last 5 minutes to equalise, but if England are as good as defending on the night as they have been in this competition I reckon they can handle it.
Worse case scenario…going to penalties.

Having a night in cab tonight parked in a Devon farmyard :unamused: :smiley:
Plenty of food and beer in fridge, and tv…but got withdrawl symptoms…no football. :smiley:

Imagine us winning a penalty shoot out against Germany. Catharsis for Southgate would be an understatement. Final would be England vs Holland or Belgium methinks.
Isn’t it amazing that such a competition can leave some people cold. Football just seems to endure once you have been taken in by it. Watching Brazil on the first colour tvs as a kid was to have your tiny mind blown by the spectacle.
During the 70s and 80s snooker became unmissable with Higgins and White etc, but now it is beyond boring.
F1 with Hunt, Lauder, Prost and then Senna, Mansell and Schumacher was amazing and genuinely exciting, now I cannot watch it. It is so sanitised and boring. Boxing with Ali and Fraser etc was gripping…Sugar Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns and Hagler produced some of the fights of the century. Who can generate that excitement now?
Football can always stimulate genuine excitment and have moments of sublime brilliance, and you can watch it in the boozer. Whats not to like. :smiley:

Janos:
Imagine us winning a penalty shoot out against Germany. Catharsis for Southgate would be an understatement. Final would be England vs Holland or Belgium methinks.
Isn’t it amazing that such a competition can leave some people cold. Football just seems to endure once you have been taken in by it. Watching Brazil on the first colour tvs as a kid was to have your tiny mind blown by the spectacle.
During the 70s and 80s snooker became unmissable with Higgins and White etc, but now it is beyond boring.
F1 with Hunt, Lauder, Prost and then Senna, Mansell and Schumacher was amazing and genuinely exciting, now I cannot watch it. It is so sanitised and boring. Boxing with Ali and Fraser etc was gripping…Sugar Ray Leonard, Tommy Hearns and Hagler produced some of the fights of the century. Who can generate that excitement now?
Football can always stimulate genuine excitment and have moments of sublime brilliance, and you can watch it in the boozer. Whats not to like. :smiley:

I know what you mean, those who ain’t interested simply just do not understand other’s absolute passion for the game.
My Mrs gives me a lot of grief when we have to plan our hols, or other events around certain football games and whether or not I’ll be able to watch them. :blush: :smiley:
Loved the game since a kid …Newcastle and England all the way. (So my life has been full of disappointments on both counts :laughing: )

I also got the snooker bug you mention in the 80s, never got into F1, but enjoyed the boxing, post Ali and up to the Bruno Tyson era.
My first memory of it was a little lad watching Cooper v Clay…'What’s my name ’ :smiley: fight.

When we get knocked out of this competition (or maybe not :smiley: ) I’ll be playing ‘‘Non Fan Bingo’’ on here, crossing off the usual tired cliches.
22 blokes chasing a bag of wind.
Prima Donna’s
Over paid.
Too much money.
Rolling around in pain/not like rugby.
And all the rest of it. :unamused: :frowning: …yawn. :smiley:

Just realised, we can’t meet Holland in final. My prediction for final is England vs France…or Belgium. If we don’t get through, it will be France vs Germany. Glad I don’t gamble. :smiley: would be skint.

Janos:
Just realised, we can’t meet Holland in final. My prediction for final is England vs France…or Belgium. If we don’t get through, it will be France vs Germany. Glad I don’t gamble. :smiley: would be skint.

There’s a possibility we could even meet Wales in the knockout stage…that would be good for the country…and give the Jocks a team to support. :laughing:

for the first time in my life i dont fear the germans, i fancy a 2-0 with kane and maguire scoring, :sunglasses:

m.a.n rules:
for the first time in my life i dont fear the germans, i fancy a 2-0 with kane and maguire scoring, :sunglasses:

as regards wales would the jocks really back us■■? :neutral_face:

m.a.n rules:

I reckon 3 2,.a tight game.
Kane 2 Sterling 1,
Verne 1 for the Germans.

(I ain’t known for my match score predictions btw, my local bookie loves me :laughing: )

robroy:

m.a.n rules:

Kane 2 Sterling 1,
Verne 1 for the Germans.

(I ain’t known for my match score predictions btw, my local bookie loves me :laughing: )

Your having a laugh, England score 3 my ribs are getting sore from laughing. It will go to extra time then the spot kicks, that’s if England get that far

Bigtruck3:

robroy:

m.a.n rules:

Kane 2 Sterling 1,
Verne 1 for the Germans.

Your having a laugh, England score 3 my ribs are getting sore from laughing. It will go to extra time then the spot kicks, that’s if England get that far

I’m just a hopeless optimist mate. :

(Come to think of it that’s actually a contradiction in terms, but you know what I mean. :smiley: )
Will come back and rip the ■■■■ out of you if they do score 3 btw, so be prepared… :smiley: