Eu referendum whats your vote

Spardo:
It appears that that may not be true as Japan and the EU have concluded a tariff free deal on cars, so a move to manufacture in Japan could make sense as there is no such deal yet between the UK and the EU.

reuters.com/article/us-eu-j … SKCN1NA1Z7

Brilliant idea.Let’s get this right the EU says no need to worry about tarrifs on Jap car imports any longer resulting in the Japs predictably increasing/renewing production,of cars destined for Europe,in…Japan.Who would have thought it.Which makes the case for remaining in the EU to protect Brit jobs how.As opposed to us saying that Japanese imports to the UK will be subject to the same tarrifs after Brexit.

Which leaves the question why the removal of tarrifs on Jap imports but not US ones.Bearing in mind the Brit and German trade surplus in the US export market and the historic US amenity to its products being produced locally here from foundry to finished product regardless.Surprised that Trump hasn’t hit Euro imports with equal tariffs in addition to unilaterally exempting Brit ones on the basis of unilaterally derecognising UK’s EU member status to apply retrospectively to 2016.Oh wait that would mean US Federalism supporting secession in Europe and they can’t have that.

Interesting article revealing that all is not happy in the EU camp about Barnacle, Tiff, and Huffy’s handling of negotiations over Brexit. At last some common sense.

telegraph.co.uk/business/20 … ion-widget

cav551:
Interesting article revealing that all is not happy in the EU camp about Barnacle, Tiff, and Huffy’s handling of negotiations over Brexit. At last some common sense.

telegraph.co.uk/business/20 … ion-widget

Got every thing crossed they don’t give a friggin centimetre on the backstop which is a minor compared with what else is contained in the over five hundred pages, we would be tied for ever should they give in, we voted out and TM’s deal detail is going to strangle any life out of this country, we need to take stock now and get OUT, Buzzer

BUZZER you could be (or maybe probably are) clever than me but I still haven’t heard why we should leave the EU (CF’s Rants apart) at this late stage can you tell us why we should leave and how my children would be better off

whisperingsmith:
BUZZER you could be (or maybe probably are) clever than me but I still haven’t heard why we should leave the EU (CF’s Rants apart) at this late stage can you tell us why we should leave and how my children would be better off

The net contribution combined with the net trade deficit.IE how do you fill the resulting black hole in our balance sheet.

Being ruled by a foreign power and electoral mandate and unelected Politburo directive.

Depending on which side they are on your children won’t be dragged into an EU led and instigated war v Russia.Or end up in a war of Federal aggression called rebels and traitors just for wanting their own country back.( Forget the latter because we know what side you will have indoctrinated them into bearing allegiance to and it ain’t this country ).

Spardo:

acd1202:
This decision by Nissan not to produce the next generation X Trail at Sunderland is being portrayed in some parts of the media as if omething is being taken away, where as in fact the current X Trail is built in Japan and Nissan have decided to keep the next generation there too. If it was going to a Renault plant in France there may be an argument about a Brexit effect, but they have opted to keep paying the EU import duties. The next generation Qashqai will continue to be built at Sunderland like the current model.

More operation fear, and a clear indication that a lot more is involved in these decisions than tariff and customs borders.

It appears that that may not be true as Japan and the EU have concluded a tariff free deal on cars, so a move to manufacture in Japan could make sense as there is no such deal yet between the UK and the EU.

reuters.com/article/us-eu-j … SKCN1NA1Z7

I would be interested to hear how the EU have reconciled Japan’s ban on Islam with the free movement of people prerequisite for a tariff free trade deal. Or do such things just go out of the window when it suits the EU?

cav551:
I would be interested to hear how the EU have reconciled Japan’s ban on Islam with the free movement of people prerequisite for a tariff free trade deal. Or do such things just go out of the window when it suits the EU?

I think the free movement of people is a condition of membership of the EU, not between countries that have advantages and reciprical deals with it. Hence the chance of a deal to be concluded with the UK after Brexit will not include free movement.

In any case I don’t think Muslims are banned as such in Japan. It is true they are monitored closely because of the association with terrorism, just as they are in other countries, like Britain and the US for example. But there is a small Japanese Muslim community just as there is a Christian one. They don’t kick their own citizens out, whatever their religion, as long as they behave, as all Japanese are required to behave.

whisperingsmith:

Well where to start, I am thinking that having experienced living and working in Cornwall albeit it only for about a year things down your end move a lot more slowly than the rest of the country so at this rate Brexit is about par with your end of the world.
Last night I watched the 2nd part of the BBC documentary " Inside Europe " , last week I watched the first episode, now some say that the BBC is biased but there was quite an in depth detail contained as they followed the workings of the EU government, my understanding from watching the first two programs made me realise that there are two main players in the EU, the main powerhouse is Germany and the second is France. The way they run it is quite mind boggling to the ordinary man on the street.
Last night it highlighted Greece and its financial problems and that country has been bailed out more than once by the EU to the tune of many billions of Euro, also Portugal, Italy, Spain and Ireland and had the powers to be had not acted Brexit would not have come about as the whole bloody charade would have ended long before now and the Euro would have ceased to be and every individual country would have reverted back to its original currency, the afore mentioned country’s are technically bust and bankrupt and with out being propped up would have fell by the wayside, they all thought it was an endless pot of gold and kept on dipping into it but someone somewhere has to top the pot up and that being the more wealthy members but you see in the end the citizens of those benefactor members get fed up with too much taxation to fund there poor fellow members with no hope of any retribution, thank god we never went over to the Euro.
Most people who wish to remain probably do not watch such programs as this but continually harp on about not knowing enough of the workings of the EU, well if inclined you can find out a lot of impartial information with little effort, not for the moaners or lazy though. Now personally I care about this country and don’t want to see it run by a corrupt unelected organisation such is the EU, How on earth is it ethical for them to make our laws and regulations and we cannot have a say, we have to go along with that and at the same time pay vast sums to them for the privilege, this is not right, we did not have a vote for the EU it was put upon us with no say from our population. We had a referendum on Brexit in this country so the population of the UK could have there say and we voted to leave, oh what a shock that was to our government and ever since that vote in 2016 they have tried to find a way to destroy our democratic wish and find any way they can to keep us in with endless scare tactics most of which were phony.
This does not happen when we have a general election as the result stands as it is, no one looks up and says hang on a moment we don’t want a Labour Government lets have another go at it and see if we get a different result, that just does not happen so why should we have a second referendum on Brexit, it was the wish of the majority and should stand firm. The vote was simple remain or leave so no complication there, no mention of deals and the like, the main problem at the moment stopping TM’s deal is the backstop but there are over five hundred pages in her deal with the EU which when the content is looked at in detail will tie us in for many generations and we wont have a seat round the table to argue our side, we would be up a creek without a paddle for sure and we do not need that corrupt organisation having control of us indefinitely.
Well this probably wont be enough to satisfy you why I voted OUT but it was a choice I made which I thought was in the best interest for the future well being of our country, yes our country not the EU’s. As for your children they have to make there own way with decisions of there own on there futures, they are not tied to these shores and can leave if they find it unbearable to stay here which ever way Brexit eventually goes which at the moment is pretty uncertain, as for us we are at the age that while we have differing opinions on the subject it aint going to bother us too long so what ever the outcome we will have to live with it and ■■■■ it up and I for one am not upping sticks, I am staying where I am.
Hope this satisfies your curiosity as to how I look at Brexit, no doubt this piece will get ridiculed and I wait with baited breath, cheers Buzzer.

Spardo:

cav551:

I think the free movement of people is a condition of membership of the EU, not between countries that have advantages and reciprical deals with it. Hence the chance of a deal to be concluded with the UK after Brexit will not include free movement.

In any case I don’t think Muslims are banned as such in Japan. It is true they are monitored closely because of the association with terrorism, just as they are in other countries, like Britain and the US for example. But there is a small Japanese Muslim community just as there is a Christian one. They don’t kick their own citizens out, whatever their religion, as long as they behave, as all Japanese are required to behave.

Why in that case is the EU refusing to talk about such a ‘reciprocal deal’ as part of the Brexit ‘negotiations’ from the start and to date ?.Also don’t think the ‘deal’ with Japan means ECJ juristiction over Japanese law and EU fishing rights to apply in the Pacific.

As for Japanese ‘citizens’ unlike here Nationality law is based on the principle of Jus Sanguinis not Jus Soli so the definition of ‘own’ is obviously a case of comparing apples with oranges in that case.

Absolutely spot on both Buzzer and Lord Lawson ! It really grates on me when I hear the supporters of Remain say " But we will lose all the EU handouts" when it is only the return of a small % of the money the UK has paid into the EU “Colander” ! It was all well and good the Paddies putting signs up saying " The EU paid for this new road etc" because the EU did pay for it with our money as well as Germans brass. I’m not too sure that Le Frog is a large net payer, I doubt it, but they are ■■■■ scared of The Gerries so they tag on behind supporting whatever Merkel says !
I liken our contributions to the RTITB levy of years ago, no matter how hard you tried ( not that I did mind!) you couldn’t get all what you paid in back unless you were one of the favoured outfits and had the time and patience to play the game !
Anyway TM is adamant that we are leaving on the 29th of March regardless ! Well lets just see ! There are two old fashioned sayings that come to mind, " There is nothing more insincere than a Whores kiss or the handshake of a Car Dealer" I would add a third saying “Or the promises of a Politician” ! Cheers Bewick.

Carryfast:

Spardo:

cav551:

Why in that case is the EU refusing to talk about such a ‘reciprocal deal’ as part of the Brexit ‘negotiations’ from the start and to date ?.

Because the only negotiations so far have been to leave. The equivalent with the Japanese ones won’t start till after leaving is sorted.

The deal with Japan is Tariff free. I haven’t seen any mention from the EU of allowing a tariff free brexit.

Answers in simple English please.
If Britain wants out,(and I respect their right to have voted out),and lots on here agree they are a net contributor,why oh why arent they saying to the EU,were out.
Like what is actually stopping them from walking?
Surely there must be some element of truth in moneys being owed,or whatever phrase you want to put on it.Or some legal aspect?
If theyre so sure theyre right why not do a Harvey Smith on it?

I think the simple answer is that a majority of the people wanted out for their own various reasons, but the politicians tasked with carrying out that wish want to stay in for their own (usually lucrative financial) reasons.

fodenway:
I think the simple answer is that a majority of the people wanted out for their own various reasons, but the politicians tasked with carrying out that wish want to stay in for their own (usually lucrative financial) reasons.

EXACTLY RIGHT AND ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON AGAIN AMIGO, BUZZER

Bewick:
Absolutely spot on both Buzzer and Lord Lawson !

Oh wait.Isn’t this the same Lawson who served under Thatcher you know the same Thatcher who campaigned for yes in 1975.While we’ve been a net contributor to the EU budget since we joined it an she and he obviously knew it.Also being Chancellor at the time when the Single European Act was signed up to by the Cons.Didn’t hear any anti EU rhetoric from him or her then.

Spardo:

Carryfast:
Why in that case is the EU refusing to talk about such a ‘reciprocal deal’ as part of the Brexit ‘negotiations’ from the start and to date ?.

Because the only negotiations so far have been to leave. The equivalent with the Japanese ones won’t start till after leaving is sorted.

No the negotiations have reached the point where we’ve been told by the EU and your Federalist rabble that we can’t expect to have tariff free trade with Euroland without all the EU rules which go with it like ECJ juristiction,fishing rights and freedom of movement among others.While going by your obvious lies we obviously could/should have left the EU in 2016 then negotiated after.It hasn’t exactly gone that way has it.So now you’re saying that we can ditch our jus Soli nationality/citizenship laws and impose jus Sanguinis law instead and the EU will be happy with that.While if we can just leave and tear up the European Communities Act and then negotiate tarrif free trade without any need to adhere to EU rule then what are the remainers and their pathetic EU puppet masters like Juncker on about.That we supposedly need to remain in the EU or under EU rule applying within our own borders,to maintain a tariff free trade regime with it.Federalists really are hopeless liars.

cav551:
The deal with Japan is Tariff free. I haven’t seen any mention from the EU of allowing a tariff free brexit.

Smoking gun here.The Federalists have been caught red handed in a ■■■■■■■■.It’s obvious that the EU and its loyal followers are all applying double standards to try to disincentivise secession, especially in the case of cash cows like us,within their stinking Federal pile.So the blackmail of trade for cash and sovereignty for us but free trade,sovereignty and it keeps all it’s own cash for Japan.Let alone in this case when the ‘trade’ in question for us is just a deficit liability.

Did anyone listen to PM on R4 tonight where they interviewed a Mr. Owen Armstrong. CEO of a pharmaceutical factory in NI?
They posed the issue of the backstop and border to him and the effect of its imposition.
He said he exported to 60 countries worldwide so exporting with a customs declaration to the EU would be no different to anywhere else. The declaration accompanied the goods. Very few consignments are held up for inspection anywhere in his 60 markets. Why should the EU be any different? I dont see the hold ups at frontiers that remainers are hinting at.

gazzer:
Did anyone listen to PM on R4 tonight where they interviewed a Mr. Owen Armstrong. CEO of a pharmaceutical factory in NI?
They posed the issue of the backstop and border to him and the effect of its imposition.
He said he exported to 60 countries worldwide so exporting with a customs declaration to the EU would be no different to anywhere else. The declaration accompanied the goods. Very few consignments are held up for inspection anywhere in his 60 markets. Why should the EU be any different? I dont see the hold ups at frontiers that remainers are hinting at.

Ah yes Gazzer Brittany Ferries must be laughing all the way to the bank dont you think, so why a need for 46 million or what ever it is for an extra ferry to carry nought, Buzzer.