Eu referendum whats your vote

Franglais:

cav551:
Food & Drink

The point is that we do not need year-round supply of every conceivable item of fruit and veg, we can manage quite well without. As for Milk, eggs, potatoes and much of the fruit and veg, I am certain that given the market, our indigenous farmers will be only too pleased for the opportunity to start supplying the produce. I can name former suppliers which the supermarkets have put out of business or drastically affected by electing to source potatoes and mushrooms from Europe rather than the UK. The French, Germans, Spanish and Italians would do well to remember that they do not have the monoploly on growing grapes nor is their product cheaper than their competitors’.

Did those who voted out realize they were voting for the type of Brexit where their daily diet could be changed as you suggest?
There is an argument many of us eat too much sugary and fatty foods, but rationing by price and availability isnt what was promised. "our indigenous farmers will be only too pleased for the opportunity to start supplying the produce." Who is preventing them now? And Rees-Mogg has predicted that there will be cheaper imports, as you too suggest. Under WTO rules we must treat all importers equally. So very cheap produce from some countries will be undercutting our own farmers. Not such a good business opportunity for them really? I cant see what you`re predicting? Shortages or a flooding of the home market by cheap food? Both seem bad to me in the longer term.

cav551:
Borders, Silly Buggers and Standards

IIRC Brexit is due at 23.00 March 29th. So exactly in what way does any product, service, standard, accreditation etc physically differ between 22.59 and 23.01? The answer is it [zb] doesn’t. There is no reason at all why existing standards, security, intelligence, accreditation etc cannot continue to be recognised by the UK and by the EU. It is quite obviously in both their interests to do so, but the empire building political fat bellies are so full of their own importance that they continue to play silly buggers over issues children would laugh at. Oh we can’t do that can we? that would make them all look like the [zb] they are. The only thing to change would be the UK’s right to import, for domestic consumption only, goods to different standards. Likewise the UK would export goods to non EU destinations which meet for example US regulations. If a UK company was to invent a perpetual motion machine or a means to turn water directly into fuel then one can be ■■■■ sure that the EU’s standards rule book would go out of the window faster than you can say Jack Robinson. As for smuggling contraband or non compliant goods across non existent borders - that doesn’t happen at the moment does it?

One of the reasons to leave the EU is to have control over standards isnt it? Its an illusion. If we have significantly different standards would we accept their goods? Of course not, so why would expect them to accept ours?
How efficient are widget factories making goods to two different standards instead of just one?
Smuggling happens? So does murder in spite of laws against it. No one says “Well, it happens anyway, so let`s ignore it”.

cav551:
What annoys me is the money and time which has been wasted in arguing over this non existent ■■■■■■■■. We the EU are not going to share criminal and security intelligence with the UK after Brexit. Because it is in anyone’s interest? Jesus wept.

I agree. The non-existant £350m bonus has been spent already on this wild unicorn chase already.
Non Sharing of security info? If that comes about it will be inexcusable, agreed.

cav551:
The whole thing comes down to shekels, the EU wants us to finance their grandiose schemes, which is why they are determined to try to prevent us from leaving.

Shekels? Gains by not contributing to the EU, whilst studiously ignoring losses from probable decreased trade, increased cost of trading, and similar blinkered viewing of the figures.
“Leave” were obsessed with that £350m lie weren`t they? Quiet about it after the vote though.

Firstly no surprise that you’re typically desperately exaggerating to the point of laughability a worse case scenario created by any potential free for all access to our food market sector.When it’s clear that the supermarkets are already massively supplied by domestic food production.To the point where as I said we don’t generally even need to buy Euro imports even if they were there to buy.On that note feel free to show any meat counter or pre pack section which isn’t dominated by domestic meat production for just one example.The same applies to fruit and veg which is mostly dominated by domestic products and if not non EU imports with some Spanish exceptions proving the rule.

As for the 350 m.That’s a ‘lot’ closer to the truth.

Than your bs claims that our EU net contributions,combined with our net trade deficit and the free movement of cheap labour and capital and EU competition rules,is all good for our economy.When the national debt and resulting austerity along the lines that all the profits belong to Germany,but all the debt belongs to the UK among others like Greece proves otherwise.

But as I said there’s no point in going along with Cameron’s obvious plan to remove UKIP from the EU in the form of May’s BRINO ‘deal’.We might as well remain and help the AfD etc to smash your stinking Federal European dream from within.

Again the comments are as interesting as the video.People are starting to wake up to the complicity in the sell out of the country by the head of state.Now awaits the excuse that the defence of the realm from treason by parliament,in the form of traitors like Heath,acting unconstitutionally and outside of its remit,in delegating government and democratic accountability to a foreign mandate and power,isn’t part of her remit.Yeah right.

youtube.com/watch?v=YBSg5Ty7WAs

Had to post as some have real feelings, Buzzer

Franglais:

cav551:
Food & Drink

The point is that we do not need year-round supply of every conceivable item of fruit and veg, we can manage quite well without. As for Milk, eggs, potatoes and much of the fruit and veg, I am certain that given the market, our indigenous farmers will be only too pleased for the opportunity to start supplying the produce. I can name former suppliers which the supermarkets have put out of business or drastically affected by electing to source potatoes and mushrooms from Europe rather than the UK. The French, Germans, Spanish and Italians would do well to remember that they do not have the monoploly on growing grapes nor is their product cheaper than their competitors’.

Did those who voted out realize they were voting for the type of Brexit where their daily diet could be changed as you suggest?
There is an argument many of us eat too much sugary and fatty foods, but rationing by price and availability isnt what was promised. "our indigenous farmers will be only too pleased for the opportunity to start supplying the produce." Who is preventing them now? And Rees-Mogg has predicted that there will be cheaper imports, as you too suggest. Under WTO rules we must treat all importers equally. So very cheap produce from some countries will be undercutting our own farmers. Not such a good business opportunity for them really? I cant see what you`re predicting? Shortages or a flooding of the home market by cheap food? Both seem bad to me in the longer term.

cav551:
Borders, Silly Buggers and Standards

IIRC Brexit is due at 23.00 March 29th. So exactly in what way does any product, service, standard, accreditation etc physically differ between 22.59 and 23.01? The answer is it [zb] doesn’t. There is no reason at all why existing standards, security, intelligence, accreditation etc cannot continue to be recognised by the UK and by the EU. It is quite obviously in both their interests to do so, but the empire building political fat bellies are so full of their own importance that they continue to play silly buggers over issues children would laugh at. Oh we can’t do that can we? that would make them all look like the [zb] they are. The only thing to change would be the UK’s right to import, for domestic consumption only, goods to different standards. Likewise the UK would export goods to non EU destinations which meet for example US regulations. If a UK company was to invent a perpetual motion machine or a means to turn water directly into fuel then one can be ■■■■ sure that the EU’s standards rule book would go out of the window faster than you can say Jack Robinson. As for smuggling contraband or non compliant goods across non existent borders - that doesn’t happen at the moment does it?

One of the reasons to leave the EU is to have control over standards isnt it? Its an illusion. If we have significantly different standards would we accept their goods? Of course not, so why would expect them to accept ours?
How efficient are widget factories making goods to two different standards instead of just one?
Smuggling happens? So does murder in spite of laws against it. No one says “Well, it happens anyway, so let`s ignore it”.

cav551:
What annoys me is the money and time which has been wasted in arguing over this non existent ■■■■■■■■. We the EU are not going to share criminal and security intelligence with the UK after Brexit. Because it is in anyone’s interest? Jesus wept.

I agree. The non-existant £350m bonus has been spent already on this wild unicorn chase already.
Non Sharing of security info? If that comes about it will be inexcusable, agreed.

cav551:
The whole thing comes down to shekels, the EU wants us to finance their grandiose schemes, which is why they are determined to try to prevent us from leaving.

Shekels? Gains by not contributing to the EU, whilst studiously ignoring losses from probable decreased trade, increased cost of trading, and similar blinkered viewing of the figures.
“Leave” were obsessed with that £350m lie weren`t they? Quiet about it after the vote though.

I think you’ve missed the point of what I was saying.

There is no need for any of this to come about - and don’t try twisting that into meaning no Brexit. If the Eu wants to continue to play silly buggers I was saying they need reminding that we could - if we so wished - stop importing their for eg food products, which would hurt their members. But we don’t need to go that far if a little sense prevails. We just continue to recognise a host of things that have no need to change. The two sides just need to agree to co-operate over some of the issues but that does not extend to free movement , external legal jurisdiction/ legislature or our right to trade with whoever we wish. There is every chance in the future that the EU will come up with some directive which the UK will look at and decide ‘well that’s a good idea’.

But no what has happened is that the eu is telling us that when Wales turned up in Paris yesterday for the rugby, France should have said " na na na we’re not playing with you because it is OUR ball."

If we follow your argument about standards then just about every vehicle manufacturer must be stupid to even consider trying to export vehicles to the UK , because of the most basic difference in standard - the steering wheel is on the other side - but they seem to want the business. I don’t recall any mention being made of the UK wanting to impose any standard on the EU. We just want to be able to recognise other standards for products on sale in the UK or for our export to outside the EU.

cav551:
If we follow your argument about standards then just about every vehicle manufacturer must be stupid to even consider trying to export vehicles to the UK , because of the most basic difference in standard - the steering wheel is on the other side - but they seem to want the business. I don’t recall any mention being made of the UK wanting to impose any standard on the EU. We just want to be able to recognise other standards for products on sale in the UK or for our export to outside the EU.

Like all EU Federalists Franglais already knows all that.It’s clear that their agenda is all about stamping the EU’s authority on us and over the Brit national democratic mandate.While they know that anything which weakens the hand of their German masters,in this case opening the UK market to non EU ( US ) imports in just the same way as New Zealand does,obviously weakens the EU itself being all about what’s good for Germany.Not what’s good for us in developing our far more lucrative trading relationship with the US for example at the expense of German exports to the UK.Which in large part explains the demise of the UK truck manufacturing industry having effectively kicked UK based production operations,of US components made here under licence and for use in the usual UK assembly,as opposed to Continental vertically integrated production model,out to the advantage of the EU truck industry.That worked out well just adding even more to our trade deficit figures.

cav551:
I think you’ve missed the point of what I was saying.

There is no need for any of this to come about - and don’t try twisting that into meaning no Brexit. If the Eu wants to continue to play silly buggers I was saying they need reminding that we could - if we so wished - stop importing their for eg food products, which would hurt their members. But we don’t need to go that far if a little sense prevails. We just continue to recognise a host of things that have no need to change. The two sides just need to agree to co-operate over some of the issues but that does not extend to free movement , external legal jurisdiction/ legislature or our right to trade with whoever we wish. There is every chance in the future that the EU will come up with some directive which the UK will look at and decide ‘well that’s a good idea’.

But no what has happened is that the eu is telling us that when Wales turned up in Paris yesterday for the rugby, France should have said " na na na we’re not playing with you because it is OUR ball."

Of course youre right that if we have an amicable, orderly, exit then there is no need for any drama. Its the “they need us more” etc attitude that could see real problems.
So what are you saying?
They lose sales of food to us, which hurts them, but we wouldnt feel the loss of that food? Why should any of us suffer? It isnt (or shouldn`t be) a silly game of chicken. Wars of attrition end up with both sides loosing too much.

Changing the steering wheel from one side to tother isnt the only argument about standards. (and remember Japan is the same side as us). What about genetics, growth hormones, and antibiotics, in food production?

You say we dont want to impose our standards on the EU, yet say itd be childish for them to check our export products conform to the standards they choose for themselves.

You know as well as anyone the balance between pollution and economy and reliability in trucks. Developing new engines is not something that a single country can do. We are better off being in a big trading group, having some input into future laws, rather than being a small market with a different set of standards. As part of the EU we get a say, we dont dictate rules, but we are heard. What if we accept less stringent pollution standards here? We get to undercut those who dont pollute. Not exactly fair is it. they won`t willingly accept our goods, nor should they. If we have stricter pollution laws, we increase our production costs.

So you want us to “cherry pick” which bits of the EU we agree to?
Well, Id like the same with this UK citizenship thing too. Id like health care and a pension, but I dont want to pay taxes. The UK doesnt work like that.
The EU doesn`t work like that either.

EU REFERENDUM WHATS YOUR VOTE

Postby Buzzer » Sat Feb 20, 2016 5:01 pm
Hi all on TNUK well David Cameron has given us a chance to vote on the 23rd of June this year on either staying or leaving the EU so which way will your vote go in or out.
For me having been involved in International Transport all my life and my boys still in it think its an out vote for me, we are not in control of the day to day running of our country this is being orchestrated from Brussels. It costs us £1 each per day to be in it £365 a year so if your a family of four it’s £1460 per year and for what, someone making our laws and regulations, I don’t think so, Buzzer.

Which way will your vote go and why, or will you not bother ?

Morning all, A lot has been said after this first post by Buzzer. Are we any clearer or do we “know” any more now. Glad I am not 21 anymore, poor buggers dont know what on its way, eh !! Harvey

That assumes that every member of the family is a tax payer. If not those figures are rather more concerning.

HMRC issues a “Where we used your money” statement to every tax payer each year. Your personal EU contribution is listed at the bottom. It is the lowest amount. I note that Overseas aid is the next one up. So more goes elsewhere round the world than we pay to the EU! THAT stinks as far as I’m concerned. The latest is £30m for a schools project in Iraq FFS!

gazzer:
HMRC issues a “Where we used your money” statement to every tax payer each year. Your personal EU contribution is listed at the bottom. It is the lowest amount. I note that Overseas aid is the next one up. So more goes elsewhere round the world than we pay to the EU! THAT stinks as far as I’m concerned. The latest is £30m for a schools project in Iraq FFS!

Bit short sighted to cut aid such as that though?
From a purely selfish stance, £30m spent on schools in Iraq will make less reason for economic migration.
Give the youth of Iraq a reason to stay and develop their own country. And £30m will go a lot further there than here. Better to spend cash on schools in Iraq than funding another fence around Calais.

This morning on Sky News the excellent Sophie Ridge spoke to the top woman from the farmers union who was saying that a no deal would be disastrous because they import fertilisers and welfare for animals from Europe and this would have an adverse effect on farmers and their stock. Is there anything we do produce over here ffs. There will be companies over here who should be rubbing their hands who produce the very same products and have the opportunity to expand.
Nissan have announced that they wont be producing their new model in Sunderland and Vince Cable who was also on the show jumped straight on the Brexit no deal bandwagon stating this was disastrous for the North East. Sophie came back with the idea that it could also be something to do with the new legislation on diesels that could have swayed their decision , only for Vince to agree with that too so what he really should have said is that he didnt have a clue why Nissan have decided what they have. He was also promoting a second referendum ( peoples vote ? … we already had a vote ) Liam Fox was also on the show , Sophie gave him a hard time and quite right too , but his parting shot was 80 % of the MPs elected agreed to support the nations vote and if theres a general election in June they could be in for a hard time which he hoped they received.

Franglais:

gazzer:

From a purely selfish stance, £30m spent on schools in Iraq will make less reason for economic migration.
Give the youth of Iraq a reason to stay and develop their own country. And £30m will go a lot further there than here. Better to spend cash on schools in Iraq than funding another fence around Calais.

How about scrapping the £30 million in aid and putting it back into the schools in Brittan along with scrapping aid for economic migrants , the ones waiting in Calais that are in no danger whatsoever but still desparate to land on our shores and sponge off the hard working tax payers of Britain . When will this country wake up .

Franglais:

gazzer:

Indeed, especially as France will be even less likely to shield a 3rd country from the migrants than they have been till now for a fellow EU member.

Pleased to see though that the money currently given to the EU is less than to everywhere else, which presumably is spread around the UK.

Ramone:
Is there anything we do produce over here ffs. There will be companies over here who should be rubbing their hands who produce the very same products and have the opportunity to expand.

If they can switch production on at the flick of a switch maybe, but if so, why aren’t they doing it now when they have a level playing field? And how will they do it when there are punitive tariffs for the stuff that they do need to import, wagons and machinery for instance, which may be the subject of revenge tariff walls on other things. Everything is inter-connected.

Spardo:

Franglais:

gazzer:

Indeed, especially as France will be even less likely to shield a 3rd country from the migrants than they have been till now for a fellow EU member.

Pleased to see though that the money currently given to the EU is less than to everywhere else, which presumably is spread around the UK.

Ramone:
Is there anything we do produce over here ffs. There will be companies over here who should be rubbing their hands who produce the very same products and have the opportunity to expand.

If they can switch production on at the flick of a switch maybe, but if so, why aren’t they doing it now when they have a level playing field? And how will they do it when there are punitive tariffs for the stuff that they do need to import, wagons and machinery for instance, which may be the subject of revenge tariff walls on other things. Everything is inter-connected.

Why are poor subsidised British farmers buying from abroad in the first place when they complain about cheap imports .

gazzer:

Wey hay just noticed we have reached the 100 page mark, who would have thought it. Will we get to 200 pages before this Brexit is sorted, I think we might.

Just goes to show Gazzer that you are more clued up than alot of us, most I think just concentrate on what they can earn and what they can afford with it and could not give a toss about what our government do with our taxes. Perhaps we should take more notice and take them to task on this but honestly cannot see that happening, so well done for pointing that payment to Iraq.
On another point on the news this morning someone had reported a man for carrying a knife, it turned out to be a Sikh who when challenged said it was part of there religion FFS it is about six inches long and when questioned he thought it was right and proper for him to be allowed to carry this and stated it would never be used in anger, this smacks of a unfair situation two tier rule system as if he was a white British citizen he would have been arrested and charged and the knife confiscated, so in my opinion if you want to follow your religion go back to the country in which it is acceptable.
On one more point I cannot get my head round this incessant babble about we cant have a no deal Brexit in gods name why not, my reasoning is that it is purely just for those in government wanting to keep there highly paid salary’s and quite honestly they don’t give a stuff about the people of the UK or our futures, democracy has gone out the window.
TM apparently is feeling chipper as there is noise about her calling for another general election pretty soon, does she know something we do not or is this over confidence, albeit there are apparently several Labour MP’s who want to break away form the party and form a new alliance on there own, obviously no confidence in JC and the way he is handling the situation at present, no doubt the following week will produce more scenario’s for us all to ponder over, Buzzer

Franglais:

More hypocritical Federalist bollox.No we ditch the foreign aid budget and stop paying the EU for the privilege of importing their stuff and being told what to do by scumbags like Juncker. Which obviously includes withdrawal from EU immigration policies and human rights legislation all being part of its Kalergi type plans for Europe and which is really what attracts third world immigrants in the knowledge that they will be well looked after here.You know the same plans which Hungary and Poland are obviously also prepared to
leave the EU over.

Buzzer:

gazzer:

Wey hay just noticed we have reached the 100 page mark, who would have thought it. Will we get to 200 pages before this Brexit is sorted, I think we might.

Just goes to show Gazzer that you are more clued up than alot of us, most I think just concentrate on what they can earn and what they can afford with it and could not give a toss about what our government do with our taxes. Perhaps we should take more notice and take them to task on this but honestly cannot see that happening, so well done for pointing that payment to Iraq.
On another point on the news this morning someone had reported a man for carrying a knife, it turned out to be a Sikh who when challenged said it was part of there religion FFS it is about six inches long and when questioned he thought it was right and proper for him to be allowed to carry this and stated it would never be used in anger, this smacks of a unfair situation two tier rule system as if he was a white British citizen he would have been arrested and charged and the knife confiscated, so in my opinion if you want to follow your religion go back to the country in which it is acceptable.
On one more point I cannot get my head round this incessant babble about we cant have a no deal Brexit in gods name why not, my reasoning is that it is purely just for those in government wanting to keep there highly paid salary’s and quite honestly they don’t give a stuff about the people of the UK or our futures, democracy has gone out the window.
TM apparently is feeling chipper as there is noise about her calling for another general election pretty soon, does she know something we do not or is this over confidence, albeit there are apparently several Labour MP’s who want to break away form the party and form a new alliance on there own, obviously no confidence in JC and the way he is handling the situation at present, no doubt the following week will produce more scenario’s for us all to ponder over, Buzzer

If you had Corbyn against you in an election would you not be a little confident buzzer

eurotrans:

Buzzer:

gazzer:

If you had Corbyn against you in an election would you not be a little confident buzzer

You would never know with the electorate in this country that’s for sure, we cannot get what the majority voted for as it stands now so who knows, Buzzer.

ramone:
This morning on Sky News the excellent Sophie Ridge spoke to the top woman from the farmers union who was saying that a no deal would be disastrous because they import fertilisers and welfare for animals from Europe and this would have an adverse effect on farmers and their stock. Is there anything we do produce over here ffs. There will be companies over here who should be rubbing their hands who produce the very same products and have the opportunity to expand.
Nissan have announced that they wont be producing their new model in Sunderland and Vince Cable who was also on the show jumped straight on the Brexit no deal bandwagon stating this was disastrous for the North East. Sophie came back with the idea that it could also be something to do with the new legislation on diesels that could have swayed their decision , only for Vince to agree with that too so what he really should have said is that he didnt have a clue why Nissan have decided what they have. He was also promoting a second referendum ( peoples vote ? … we already had a vote ) Liam Fox was also on the show , Sophie gave him a hard time and quite right too , but his parting shot was 80 % of the MPs elected agreed to support the nations vote and if theres a general election in June they could be in for a hard time which he hoped they received.

This decision by Nissan not to produce the next generation X Trail at Sunderland is being portrayed in some parts of the media as if omething is being taken away, where as in fact the current X Trail is built in Japan and Nissan have decided to keep the next generation there too. If it was going to a Renault plant in France there may be an argument about a Brexit effect, but they have opted to keep paying the EU import duties. The next generation Qashqai will continue to be built at Sunderland like the current model.

More operation fear, and a clear indication that a lot more is involved in these decisions than tariff and customs borders.

acd1202:
This decision by Nissan not to produce the next generation X Trail at Sunderland is being portrayed in some parts of the media as if omething is being taken away, where as in fact the current X Trail is built in Japan and Nissan have decided to keep the next generation there too. If it was going to a Renault plant in France there may be an argument about a Brexit effect, but they have opted to keep paying the EU import duties. The next generation Qashqai will continue to be built at Sunderland like the current model.

More operation fear, and a clear indication that a lot more is involved in these decisions than tariff and customs borders.

It appears that that may not be true as Japan and the EU have concluded a tariff free deal on cars, so a move to manufacture in Japan could make sense as there is no such deal yet between the UK and the EU.

reuters.com/article/us-eu-j … SKCN1NA1Z7