Eu referendum whats your vote

Spardo:

cav551:

gerbil sb152:
you are right but a lot of good people died so we would have the right to,so in my opinion everyone should vote or those million’s gave there live’s in vain. :open_mouth:

I agree with you totally, it is disrespectful to their memory not to vote, but I would add that they were also of the opinion that no-one should be marched to the polling booth at gunpoint.

So do I, gunpoint is a bit extreme, but I believe that it should be compulsory and fines should ensue for transgressors.

The reason I feel this way is that so many just can’t be bothered. If you don’t want to vote for any of the offered candidates then there should be an additonal box to mark abstain. A positive abstention is not the same thing as merely staying away.

Until I was barred from doing so, I am proud to say that I have not missed a single vote since becoming eligible at 21 in 1963. Even when I was on the far side of the world, MN or simply travelling, I always made sure the arrangements were in place and I have a healthy disregard for those who ‘can’t be arsed’.

It took my a while to vote after I was 18 due to moving I did apply for a postal vote back in early 80’s but Micheal Fallon said I didn’t live in his ward ( I did also worked in Darlington ) but hey due to work I couldn’t make it back same as several other times although all the times I could I do ( son has alway voted he goes to polling station I have a postal vote )

As you know I voted to remain but never said much about it as the result was to leave so we leave on 29th March simple nothing we can do about it should we have another referendum no defo not do agree with that

I don’t like May but think she has had a hard job to do but she did want it & is cleaning up the mess a man made :laughing: :unamused: would JC do any better not sure

Buzzer:
as it stands but there is now a rumour that the queen may say we have to stay in the EU

I’d bet a pound to a penny that it’s more than a rumour and it’s why we didn’t tear up the European Communities Act in July 2016.

I’ve said elsewhere the whole thing is a conspiracy because the Queen can’t sign both Royal Assent to the European Communities Act and then its abolition on any grounds of ‘sovereignty’ without creating the obvious implication of dereliction of duty/treason regarding the former.Which in the real world means the choice of either Brexit in Name Only or Remain.Which leaves the question how and why would the Royals be able to/want to go against the constitution which says that the nation’s sovereignty can’t be delegated to a foreign power.Oh wait the Royal Family itself has been a case of delegating ( submitting ) sovereignty to a foreign power since 1066.

animal:

Spardo:

cav551:

gerbil sb152:
you are right but a lot of good people died so we would have the right to,so in my opinion everyone should vote or those million’s gave there live’s in vain. :open_mouth:

I agree with you totally, it is disrespectful to their memory not to vote, but I would add that they were also of the opinion that no-one should be marched to the polling booth at gunpoint.

So do I, gunpoint is a bit extreme, but I believe that it should be compulsory and fines should ensue for transgressors.

The reason I feel this way is that so many just can’t be bothered. If you don’t want to vote for any of the offered candidates then there should be an additonal box to mark abstain. A positive abstention is not the same thing as merely staying away.

Until I was barred from doing so, I am proud to say that I have not missed a single vote since becoming eligible at 21 in 1963. Even when I was on the far side of the world, MN or simply travelling, I always made sure the arrangements were in place and I have a healthy disregard for those who ‘can’t be arsed’.

It took my a while to vote after I was 18 due to moving I did apply for a postal vote back in early 80’s but Micheal Fallon said I didn’t live in his ward ( I did also worked in Darlington ) but hey due to work I couldn’t make it back same as several other times although all the times I could I do ( son has alway voted he goes to polling station I have a postal vote )

As you know I voted to remain but never said much about it as the result was to leave so we leave on 29th March simple nothing we can do about it should we have another referendum no defo not do agree with that

I don’t like May but think she has had a hard job to do but she did want it & is cleaning up the mess a man made :laughing: :unamused: would JC do any better not sure

Let me assure you JC could not make a piece of toast without tittsing it up so we definitely don’t need him any where near 10 Downhill Street, Buzzer

Morning all,
Found this interesting. Even if it had the government heading on it i am sure it will be viewed with suspicion but as none of us actually know its worth a read. Harvey

Nigel Garage is setting up a new party.
I wonder how many angry Tory voters will get behind him if we are betrayed.
Could that if under subscribed let in JC.
Interesting times if you are retired and have no children.
Harvey

Juddian:
No, voting should not be compulsory…unless and until such time as the ballot has a legally binding tick box…‘‘none of the above’’'…in which case if NOTA gets the most votes the election in that district has to be held again, with all new candidates, and this repeats until someone gets a majority.

Thing is if you go into a shop and all they sell is rubbish, you don’t buy anything and walk out again.

True, but at least you have visited the shop and made a decision not to buy/select.

HRS:
Harvey

Harvey how much does he charge for an MOT, could be interested, Buzzer

Gazza:
In this electronic age there should be some secure 21st century method to vote rather than taking time off work to do it. Sure there is postal and poxy voting but neither are user friendly to set up. My ex local council write me each time there is a voting situation. The only problem is, by the time they send out the voting papers and I receive them, by posting it straight back i miss the postal voting deadline. Poxy (pun intended) means I have to get someone else to go on my behalf, easy if they live round the corner in my ex constituency but not if they live 15 miles away.

I agree, it could be done so much easier, but I have to say that I have never had any problem with documents arrving late so as to deny me a vote. I think that such cases are in the minority.

HRS:
Morning all,
Found this interesting. Even if it had the government heading on it i am sure it will be viewed with suspicion but as none of us actually know its worth a read. Harvey

Well Harvey, I was going to answer that long screed and indeed did start with the first point but there is so much bs and unchecked innacuracy in it that I just couldn’t be arsed. I’ll bet you haven’t done any checking, eh? :wink:

Why is it that it is the remain side that is always accused of project fear, when Harvey and Buzzer, to name just a couple, keep coming up with all this ■■■■■■■■? At least Buzzer has the cheek to come back with the comment that he was just having a lark. :laughing:

So I won’t waste my time checking and refuting but really would be interested Harvey if you could post some factual links. :neutral_face:

Spardo:
Well Harvey, I was going to answer that long screed and indeed did start with the first point but there is so much bs and unchecked innacuracy in it that I just couldn’t be arsed. I’ll bet you haven’t done any checking, eh?

Why is it that it is the remain side that is always accused of project fear, when Harvey and Buzzer, to name just a couple, keep coming up with all this ■■■■■■■■? At least Buzzer has the cheek to come back with the comment that he was just having a lark.

So I won’t waste my time checking and refuting but really would be interested Harvey if you could post some factual links.

I`ll agree with all of that Spardo.

But, HRS also says

HRS:
Morning all,

What is it that “none of us actually know”?
Is it possibly the proposed exit agreement? If so here it is:
gov.uk/government/publicati … pean-union

edit… typo

Buzzer:

HRS:
Harvey

Harvey how much does he charge for an MOT, could be interested, Buzzer

Bloody predictive texting:roll:

Evening all,
I see something that looks interesting and post it for you all to pick over. Your replies as learned gentlemen are also interesting and I enjoy and appreciate your efforts.
How on earth do you believe what you read with “Gov” headings.
We believed that the government vote was IN or OUT and look what happened to that. So, so much for official paperwork eh !!Naive, springs to mind. Harvey

HRS:

Good question.
Do you believe everything with Gov headings?
Do you believe nothing with Gov headings?
How does it work for you?

HRS:
Evening all,
I see something that looks interesting and post it for you all to pick over. Your replies as learned gentlemen are also interesting and I enjoy and appreciate your efforts.
We believed that the government vote was IN or OUT and look what happened to that. So, so much for official paperwork eh !!Naive, springs to mind. Harvey

Ah ha, just as I thought, no fact checking. Glad I didn’t waste my time on it.

We also believed Cameron when he said he would respect the result of the referendum, and all you leavers keep harping on about that. Why would you believe this politician’s promise when you know full well non of them can be trusted. So why get all wound up about it when you know full well that it could be a con?

Spardo:
We also believed Cameron when he said he would respect the result of the referendum, and all you leavers keep harping on about that. Why would you believe this politician’s promise when you know full well non of them can be trusted. So why get all wound up about it when you know full well that it could be a con?

Admittedly the evidence was all there in the wording of the referendum Act ( non binding obviously assuming that Leave won ) but how many people would have been reasonably expected to read the act on the basis of Cameron’s typically Federalist lies.Anyway might as well now support remain and make it a European fight for Nationalism v Federalism and thereby try to smash the EU from within and thereby curing the disease.Not pointlessly trying to cure the symptoms by expecting the ideologically Euro Federalist UK parliament and our dodgy Euro import Head of State to deliver Brexit.

Carryfast:
.Anyway might as well now support remain and make it a European fight for Nationalism v Federalism and thereby try to smash the EU from within and thereby curing the disease.Not pointlessly trying to cure the symptoms by expecting the ideologically Euro Federalist UK parliament and our dodgy Euro import Head of State to deliver Brexit.

Alright, you’ve convinced me CF, better that Britain leaves if that is the result, and leave us still in the best thing that’s ever happened to Europe, to cure its ills in a sensible fashion and make it even better from within. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Spardo:

Carryfast:
.Anyway might as well now support remain and make it a European fight for Nationalism v Federalism and thereby try to smash the EU from within and thereby curing the disease.Not pointlessly trying to cure the symptoms by expecting the ideologically Euro Federalist UK parliament and our dodgy Euro import Head of State to deliver Brexit.

Alright, you’ve convinced me CF, better that Britain leaves if that is the result, and leave us still in the best thing that’s ever happened to Europe, to cure its ills in a sensible fashion and make it even better from within. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:[/quote

Remain in, yes, would have been the best option.
Change the EU into something that works better, and is headed in a less radical direction.
To have kept the options open for our next generations. We aren`t the only country inside the EU that is unhappy at the moment. Why leave those others who want change in a weaker position by leaving?
But, hey-ho.

Franglais:

Spardo:

Carryfast:

Alright, you’ve convinced me CF, better that Britain leaves if that is the result, and leave us still in the best thing that’s ever happened to Europe, to cure its ills in a sensible fashion and make it even better from within. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
[/quote

Remain in, yes, would have been the best option.
Change the EU into something that works better, and is headed in a less radical direction.
To have kept the options open for our next generations. We aren`t the only country inside the EU that is unhappy at the moment. Why leave those others who want change in a weaker position by leaving?
But, hey-ho.

Best those countries that are not happy in the way the EU is going follow suit with the UK and then your wish will come true, it will all collapse like a pack of cards which IMHO it will anyway within four years anyway as there is not enough wealthy countries to keep the bust and broken members going with bailouts, Buzzer.

Buzzer:
Best those countries that are not happy in the way the EU is going follow suit with the UK and then your wish will come true, it will all collapse like a pack of cards which IMHO it will anyway within four years anyway as there is not enough wealthy countries to keep the bust and broken members going with bailouts, Buzzer.

It`s not my wish to see it all collapse.

No point in us being just another isolated country in a group of them.
Seeing others in financial trouble along side us isnt my ambition. Countries dont become wealthy in isolation.

Buzzer:

There will be no more Exits, Buzzer, Brexit and the wholesale waste of effort it has caused has seen to that. The population of Europe does not want that nonsense in its own countries and the mood to stay together has been strengthened by that.

So, we who believe in Europe, united and free, should thank you for curbing the extremists in our midst. :smiley:

Spardo:

Buzzer:

There will be no more Exits, Buzzer, Brexit and the wholesale waste of effort it has caused has seen to that. The population of Europe does not want that nonsense in its own countries and the mood to stay together has been strengthened by that.

So, we who believe in Europe, united and free, should thank you for curbing the extremists in our midst. :smiley:

I agree with Buzzer on this. Countries who are disillusioned and dissatisfied with the EU are watching and learning from the mistakes and infighting of the lamentable shower in Westminster.Barnier,Juncker et al could be in for a wakeup call.